fiduciary

Author Topic: MPP Vader Flash Saber  (Read 3071 times)

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
MPP Vader Flash Saber
« on: March 24, 2009, 05:06:18 PM »
Hey guys, I was wondering if it was possible to turn the MPP flash into a Vader saber with emitter spring coil, and install Ultrasound. I've looked this up, and I've found both a coversion socket(http://www.graflexshop.com/socket.htm) and this topic: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13512.0. After reading through, I've found out that with the TGS socket is very long and if installed in an MPP, it probably won't be able to hold Ultrasound. But because that topic was written before the Ultrasound 2.0 super-compact setup was discovered, I am wondering if that super-compact setup will fit. If not, will someone like Acerocket or Do-Clo be able to machine a socket with the spring coil?

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
Re: MPP Vader Flash Saber
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »
i don't know if the MPP inner diameter would be too narrow or not, but I wonder if a compact setup like TCSS sells would work?

Here's a linketh:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHS-soundspeakerbattery-combo-P359.aspx

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »
Sethski, that was exactly what I was asking...  ;)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 05:46:55 PM »
length wise, I think you will be fine with the compact setup. I do not know what the inner diameter is on the MPP.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »
The inner diameter is 1 and 7/16", so you'll be fine.

The only problem is: there's too much space inside--everything just kinda flops around.
I have 4 Heilands and have designed a crystal chassis just for them. The parts go to the shop Friday, and I should have a completed one by next Tuesday. I was waiting for my TGS blade holders so I'd know how long to make the chassis. You could wait until I'm done and see if you like my work and would like to go in a similar direction.

The design will be different from Master Yoda's, more solid because there's more room inside. I'll be using the design from Vader's lightsaber in the visual dictionary, only a little less detailed. Red LED illuminating a piece of quartz (or crystal...they have lots of that here ;)). It'll also have a recharge port under the MPP clamp. Why? Because on an authentic MPP, the grips will extend over the pommel and make a big mess every time you change the batteries. I plan on using special batteries to save space  ;) (there are many advantages to being in Taiwan :D).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 09:47:09 PM by Jasher Kain »

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 01:13:13 PM »
Thanks guys! I'll wait for you Jasher Kain. Once you post pics I'll see if I will make a chassis like yours.  ;)

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 10:58:15 PM »
Finally got the parts. Picked most of them up at a Lowes on a recent visit back to the States.
And you know what? All of the packages say: "Made in Taiwan."  >:(

I'm still working out where's the best place to put the speaker, switch, and recharge port so as to preserve the original flash tube.

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 05:18:26 PM »
Finally got the parts. Picked most of them up at a Lowes on a recent visit back to the States.
And you know what? All of the packages say: "Made in Taiwan."  >:(

Oh the irony... :D ;) :P

I'm eagerly awaiting your development. I like nothign better than to admire some of the cyrstal chassiss that get built around here. I'm using half of a PVC coupler. ;D

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

retrousse