fiduciary

Author Topic: YAY! just recieved my yoda rots fx saber. review IS UP! with pics.  (Read 6067 times)

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
So i just got it, havent opened it yet, i'm about to do it, but i aint got no AAAs so i will have to wait a bit before firing it up. 
Review + pics in a couple of hours!

now off to open the package!

OK it's been a couple of hours and i've been playing with the yoda saber, MY GOD IT IS SMALL! i knew it was going to be small, but i didnt know the blade was that small, not that i dont like that, but i thought it was going to be a little longer.

Review:

hilt:  awesome design and awesome contruction, no wobble at all and a very nice brushed finish.  By the pics i had seen i thougn the hilt wasnt small enough (you know MR fatty hilts :P ), but it is surprisingly small and light, i love it.  I know it is not the same size than the LE but it is small enough.  love the hilt and the emmiter.

blade: wow! this is the brightest blade (althou i havent compared it yet to the ROTJ luke with full new set of batteries) but it is very very bright!  and small, and thin.  Nice work here MR.

sound: same jedi sounds, but with louder power up/down.  the power up sound almost hurts my ear!

overall:  i think this is a super nice addition to the saber collection.  and being the only one that is smaller and all, i think it's a must for every collector.

I give this saber 8.5/10

Now to the bad news!!!

I've got a blinking led right out of the box :( :( :( :( :(
It blinked for a while and now it is dead, but the thing is that this saber's got the leds so near to each other that it doesnt show that much, but it still keeps me awake at night! aaaaaaaaa.  oh well.  we'll see what happens.
I think i could fix it if i could get it open but i've read that if you dissassemble it you break the clash sensor. so i dont think i'll be doing that.

Ok now to the pics.

here ya go.  as always (right click + view = mega size)

left - here you can see the dead led :(
right:  - left to right: luke rotj 80% battts, yoda, luke rotj lux

these are the luke ROTJ comparison pics.  batts on luke are not 100% but the yoda still outshines it.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 12:49:48 PM by R2-D2 »
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Ti-el_terall

• Experienced Force User
I just got mine yesterday, I love it! Looking forward to the review, Its allways nice to see what others think of sabers.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Congrats R2 and I'll look forward for your review lol ;D

Offline Yukiel

• Master Force User
  • LAKES FLOATING IN SPACE!
i remember last night i was at a store looking at FX's and i just got done looking at a full maul set, saw a yoda, and wass like "Huh. Cool." SO i picked it up. I can't believe how light that sucker is! I'll be waiting for pics and review.

Am I alive or dead?
rip sabers

Offline levelnext

• Master Force User
  • you are what you is
Re: YAY! just recieved my yoda rots fx saber. review IS UP. with pics.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 12:47:38 PM »
thanks Ben!  Review is  now up!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 12:50:19 PM by R2-D2 »

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
Re: YAY! just recieved my yoda rots fx saber. review IS UP! with pics.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »
Nice little review. I wanna have Yoda fx, most likely my last force fx saber  :'(

Offline Ti-el_terall

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 02:27:36 PM »
R2, I posted a tuorial thgat doiesnt wreck the sensor ;D

Offline Jedi Tom

• Padawan Learner
  • Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker is.
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 02:32:58 PM »
Congrats R2 on your saber i got mine erlyer this year and i really did like the review and pics, and the bad news was good thinking becase it gives more people a better knowlege about the saber, very well done  ;D :D ;) :) ;D 8)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 09:06:16 PM »
 :DHot dog R2 great review and pics to boot lol ;D ;DHey chancellor the force is strong with you lol!!The fx sabers will come from somebody lol!!Lucas knowa that there are a lot of hungry saber fans out there and there is money to be made at that!! :P

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 09:18:37 PM »
If you bought that saber new, I wouldn't take it apart, I would take it back.

Get another one, I wouldn't settle for that and I sure as xxx wouldn't go through the trouble of taking apart either.

My .02 cents.

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 10:46:14 PM »
I agree with Joclad, take it back ;)

Offline levelnext

• Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 04:10:39 AM »
Thanks for the tips guys, but i didnt buy the saber, i won it, and i live in spain, so i cant return it, cause i would have to pay shipping to the US.  :(  well i could, but for the moment i think i wont.

But let me tell you, the Yoda is so bright, it doesnt show that much (the dead led).

retrousse