fiduciary

Author Topic: Stormtrooper blaster  (Read 4428 times)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Stormtrooper blaster
« on: May 17, 2007, 03:45:03 PM »
Does anyone have an MR Blastech E-11.  Stromtrooper blaster?  I am curious to how it is made.  Can it withstand soem abuse like dropping it while costuming?  ie is it stronger than a resin one?  What are the moving parts if any.  I would hope the folding stock at least moves.  I have a chance at getting on without the box or papers so it will be very cheap.  Just want to make sure it is worth it.

Thanks for any feedback.

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
Re: Stormtrooper blaster
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 08:19:04 PM »
I really like mine, it is fairly heavy and quite sturdy.  It is nearly all metal but I'm not sure the glass in the "sight" would hold up to a fall very well.  Downsides are stock sight and trigger are non working, so no moving parts. :-\  None the less to hold it really gives you the feel of a blaster and not just a plastic/resin model.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 06:12:51 AM »
thanks man,

a shame the stock and trigger don't move but sounds pretty nice all the same.  prob the best blaster for looks heft and sturdiness out there.  def better than making a pvc blaster.  thanks again for the review.  i may just get it if i can get a good price for it.

Offline Marv

• Padawan Learner
    • http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=16395
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 03:14:31 AM »
I had one of these, but have to say its simply too clean. Always felt like something was not quite right with it. By that I mean there's quite a lot of ruggedness lost in this, which you have when you go with a prop build.
The build also misses the Hengstler counter, or cylinders. There are a few nice details lost which you get with the likes of a real telescope (such as the embossed number on the side, the fact that you can actually look down the scope). The display case is nice, and would love one for my deactivated blaster.
I find it perplexing when I see guys in the UK selling these at £300+ when they could very easily and not for too much more buy the real deactivated gun itself. Theres a lot of fun to be had in sourcing the parts and building it from that point.
Another casing point is that if I recall correctly I would say it felt heavier too.
T-track seller on the FISD and RPF

Offline achilles266

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 03:00:13 AM »
I would have one if I could get it through Australian customs lol

retrousse