fiduciary

Author Topic: Quick Q's about the CFX!  (Read 454 times)

Offline TrypticonSaber

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Quick Q's about the CFX!
« on: February 13, 2022, 07:41:13 AM »
Hi.

I recently got myself a customsaber with the glorious CfX! I was curious about a few things, however...

First off, sleep mode and deep sleep. When and how does DS activate? Does it activate after deigniting(?) the saber led? I don't have a killkey system.

Also blade profiles, flicker and pulse etc. Can these be modified? I'm running an in-hilt LED setup on my saber.

Hope this isn't too "noob".

Thanks!

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Quick Q's about the CFX!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 08:26:44 AM »
First off, sleep mode and deep sleep. When and how does DS activate? Does it activate after deigniting(?) the saber led? I don't have a killkey system.

welcome !
you have 2 settings in the config file, first is sleep after which the MCU consumes much less and accents go off (oled too) then deep sleep (deep settings) after which it goes hibernating to consume about 250µA
The 2 counters / timers are cummulative

Also blade profiles, flicker and pulse etc. Can these be modified? I'm running an in-hilt LED setup on my saber.

sure, I suggest you use the RICE app over USB to tune them, also visit crystalfocus.net where there are now 300+ ready made profiles, for which you just have to copy paste, or install them via RICE, or via CrystalFocus.net configurator app (or phone app is you have a bluetooth module). Those profiles are mainly meant for ledstrip though (more complex visual fx) so I suggest you start editing your profiles for HB leds with RICE, one at a time.

Thanks!

not at all, cheers and have fun with your saber !

Offline TrypticonSaber

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 08:52:57 AM »

welcome !
you have 2 settings in the config file, first is sleep after which the MCU consumes much less and accents go off (oled too) then deep sleep (deep settings) after which it goes hibernating to consume about 250µA
The 2 counters / timers are cummulative

sure, I suggest you use the RICE app over USB to tune them, also visit crystalfocus.net where there are now 300+ ready made profiles, for which you just have to copy paste, or install them via RICE, or via CrystalFocus.net configurator app (or phone app is you have a bluetooth module). Those profiles are mainly meant for ledstrip though (more complex visual fx) so I suggest you start editing your profiles for HB leds with RICE, one at a time.

Thanks!

not at all, cheers and have fun with your saber !

Thank you! And thank you for the amazing CF, mate! I'll check the config out and noodle some around!

Offline TrypticonSaber

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 11:29:26 AM »
So the deep sleep in the config is on 0, can I set it to something like 120 sec so it starts when I leave the saber off? :D

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 11:33:14 AM »
the value is in ms. You need to have sleep non zero too to have deep sleep kicking in

Offline TrypticonSaber

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 11:34:36 AM »
the value is in ms. You need to have sleep non zero too to have deep sleep kicking in

Oh, so 0 on sleep and 120 on Deep?

Offline TrypticonSaber

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 02:18:43 AM »
Nvm, I figured it out. I'm a dumbo:p

retrousse