fiduciary

Author Topic: HASBRO FX rumors  (Read 100050 times)

Offline Corellian

• No Force
Re: HASBRO FX rumors
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 07:09:26 PM »
It seems they are focusing on Clone Wars (with the exception of Jedi Luke, who is of course always sought after).
It would be interesting to see the Dooku saber and how they made it  since it will not be perfectly true to scale more so that its curved.
The Sidous saber would probably be as big as the Yoda fx and not exact also.
Its still great news to see new stuff coming :)

Next should be TPM/AOTC Obiwan and Quigonn then Jedi council fx :)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »
Elementary, my dear Watson! The FX version has interactive lights and sound and is cheaper!  :D

So has my toilet, but I would still choose the porcelain to sit on

Oh my I'm laughing so hard I'm nearly losing my breath lol :D :DI guess I'm staying broke this year lol :D :D

Offline ashgad

• Force User
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 12:51:19 PM »
Not sure where RS got this info, according to the last Q&A at Hasbro on January 5th they said this....

"SWCollector.com (Dan): Any movement yet towards new product designs for the Force FX lightsaber line?

Hasbro: We are not ready to reveal any new designs yet, since we still have a long way to go to get to our goals for the first series.  When we feel that we have retailer and consumer support in place we will start releasing info on the new designs."

from here...

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=A8B05B77-D56F-E112-4CDF7DE6EFD74890

I assume they have some inside connection that might give them more info perhaps....

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 04:58:00 PM by ashgad »

Offline Mikkyo of the Sith

• Experienced Force User
  • Peace is a lie. . .
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 08:09:28 PM »
Not sure where RS got this info, according to the last Q&A at Hasbro on January 5th they said this....

"SWCollector.com (Dan): Any movement yet towards new product designs for the Force FX lightsaber line?

Hasbro: We are not ready to reveal any new designs yet, since we still have a long way to go to get to our goals for the first series.  When we feel that we have retailer and consumer support in place we will start releasing info on the new designs."

from here...

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=A8B05B77-D56F-E112-4CDF7DE6EFD74890

I assume they have some inside connection that might give them more info perhaps....

A short while ago I read a thread here that had a link to an interview with someone from Hasbro that said they were planning on releasing Obi TPM and Dooku. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned they read it too.

Edit: I can't even find the posts I left in the thread! I went through ALL of my posts and didn't see them. Weird. Hasn't anyone else seen that thread/interview besides me? . .
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:38:52 PM by Mikkyo of the Sith »

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 08:48:01 PM »
Yes I did. Im sure its somewhere in the Hasbro section of this site....but Im not about to search the Death Star for it...

Offline DarthSkywalker

• No Force
  • "I say destroy the cosmos, ask questions later"
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 03:59:49 PM »
I am Curious about one saber in particular.
Count Dooku II,III AOTC ROTS
Ahsoka Tano Clone Wars
Darth Sidious III ROTS
But which Luke Skywalker Saber might they do?
I hope it is the ROTJ or the ESB
If anyone heard  the rumor and knows which luke it is please let me know.
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Latest_Star_Wars_Rumors_120477.asp
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 04:03:36 PM by DarthSkywalker »
2002 Anakin Skywalker AOTC II
2004 Luke ESB V Lux 3 Royal Blue
2005 Anakin Skywalker ROTS Clone Wars, III
2005 Darth Vader ESB V
2005 Luke Skywalker ROTJ VI
2006 Obi-wan Kenobi ROTS Clone Wars, III
2007 Luke Skywalker ANH IV
2008 2 Darth Maul TPM I
2009 Obi-wan Kenobi TPM/AOTC I,II
2009 Count Dooku AOTC/ROTS II, Clone Wars III

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 04:13:41 PM »

Topic Merged....

Checking the Board list before posting kinda helps...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 04:15:31 PM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline Supermans

• Padawan Learner
    • Luke Return of the Jedi 2003 EL Core
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 07:50:15 AM »
Hey all...

Some interesting rumors out this morning!

As reported on RS:
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Latest_Star_Wars_Rumors_120477.asp

Hasbro Signature Series (FX lightsabers)
Count Dooku
Ahsoka Tano
Luke Skywalker
Darth Sidious

I take it the Luke will be the same green bladed Luke ROTJ from 2005.... I will definitely be buying one then...

Wow, I just bought the Obi Wan hasbro Force FX and I have to say it really is a downer if it is indicative of what we all have to look forward to in these new sabers. I truly hope they don't change the Luke ROTJ and make it into a lightweight with less shiny finishes.. The only Hasbro's worth buying are the ones using most of the leftover old parts including the battery speaker assembly that MR used. I have to say, the Hasbro Luke I own has the worst of all the speakers in comparison to all my MR sabers and the ANH Vader by Habsro in comparison to three MR Vaders i have is half as loud and garbled. Maybe I got unlucky with the three Hasbro Signature Series Sabers that I bought however at this point I don't think it was a coincidence. I'm looking forward to the new announced saber's  as much as all of you, however I am hoping that the quality is as good as the Hasbro Yoda which apparently is unchanged from the MR version...I would assume the curved hilt would require the same soundboard as the Yoda's as well as the Emperor's...

On a side note, I have pre-ordered some of the Star Trek props from Master Replicas and am looking forward to the Ghostbuster props they will be releasing when the movie comes out. Master Replicas is having supplier issues though as they are a very small company so they need all our support..   

I plan on doing reviews of all of my sabers when I have the time as I am enjoying this forum and its people. I already bought a few sabers from members and I thank each one.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 07:52:50 AM by Supermans »
Master Replicas 2003 Luke Skywalker's Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Electro-luminescent (EL) Core and Master Replicas 2005 Luke Skywalker's Return of the Jedi sabers :) Hooah

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 07:50:33 AM »
I'm definitely going to get these Ghostbuster replicas. I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan, it was one of the first movies I ever saw along with Tootsie and E.T  ;). I love the Ghostbusters movies and all the props in the movie  ;)

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2009, 07:59:14 AM »

Wow, I just bought the Obi Wan hasbro Force FX and I have to say it really is a downer if it is indicative of what we all have to look forward to in these new sabers. I truly hope they don't change the Luke ROTJ and make it into a lightweight with less shiny finishes.. The only Hasbro's worth buying are the ones using most of the leftover old parts including the battery speaker assembly that MR used. I have to say, the Hasbro Luke I own has the worst of all the speakers in comparison to all my MR sabers and the ANH Vader by Habsro in comparison to three MR Vaders i have is half as loud and garbled. Maybe I got unlucky with the three Hasbro Signature Series Sabers that I bought however at this point I don't think it was a coincidence. I'm looking forward to the new announced saber's  as much as all of you, however I am hoping that the quality is as good as the Hasbro Yoda which apparently is unchanged from the MR version...I would assume the curved hilt would require the same soundboard as the Yoda's as well as the Emperor's...

You should try the Hasbro Anakin ROTS, mine is better than the MR version I had. ;)

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »
In one of Hasbro's recent Q&As they said they're developing Count Dooku and Obi-Wan TPM lightsabers... so I'd add the Obi-Wan TPM to the list.
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2009, 01:15:39 PM »
That's also the first time I've seen Aayla Secura present and active! Wow, that's like, two mods I have seen active recently that i've seen active before!

I think perhaps a Plo Koon (EpIII) saber is order. i have always liked that hilt. It has nice lines and looks very easy to wield.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Supermans

• Padawan Learner
    • Luke Return of the Jedi 2003 EL Core
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2009, 05:18:32 AM »
Any new info on these rumors??
Master Replicas 2003 Luke Skywalker's Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Electro-luminescent (EL) Core and Master Replicas 2005 Luke Skywalker's Return of the Jedi sabers :) Hooah

Offline Anatim

• Force User
    • Saberproject
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 07:15:14 AM »
You can preorder following FX-Lightsabers here in germany:

Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS (end of February)
Anakin Skywalker ROTS (end of February)
Mace Windu ROTS (end of March)
Count Dooku ROTS (end of May)
Asajj Ventress (end of April)
Luke Skywalker ROTJ (end of April)

I have no official announcement, but  these sabers were introduced at the International Toy Fair Nuernberg
(Official page)

You can read our full news, if you want--> CLICK

Offline Vektor

• Master Force User
  • That other Finnish guy
    • My Elegant Weapons
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 07:30:54 AM »
That's interesting news, Tim! Do you know if Hasbro had prototypes of those new sabers to show? I assume the Dooku at Replix site is photoshopped pic.

Nevertheless, definitely interesting!

retrousse