fiduciary

Author Topic: Rip Van Winkle here. What did I miss?  (Read 447 times)

Offline Mah Al Ibara

• No Force
Rip Van Winkle here. What did I miss?
« on: February 21, 2023, 02:31:09 AM »
Hello. I used to post rather frequently here and on the TCSS forums from around 2005 to 2015, under a different name and a different gender. LOL

For a few years I was even selling my own sabers as a side hustle, but ADHD kept me from meeting deadlines and I was deep in the red the whole time. :sad: Then the baby came along and I literally had no physical space to make sabers. (My former workshop is now her bedroom.)

I'm back now because the kiddo is now old enough to be interested in lightsabers, and I want to help her make one (mostly) by herself. Also, her best friend, who is also interested in lightsabers, was born just one day before her, so we're planning a saber-building birthday party for them. (Her friends parents are good friends of ours, and they are very into the idea. They are dazzled by my lightsabers.)

Anyway, since I've been away for seven or eight years, and have forgotten some basic stuff, I have made a new account in the hopes of learning from you all about the state of the hobby.

I live in Japan, by the way, which kind of sucks at the moment only because the yen is now so weak and it looks like ordering saber stuff from the States or Europe will cost more than it used to.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
Re: Rip Van Winkle here. What did I miss?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 12:28:27 PM »
Welcome back. Who were you here as the first time?

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline Mah Al Ibara

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 07:22:27 PM »
Thank you! I'd rather not dredge up my dead name, actually. Some folks who were around then might figure it out by my location, assuming they would remember me. I don't think there are many member living in Japan.

Offline K-2SO

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 10:33:15 AM »
There are probably more than you think, and I knew a few of them.

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 09:29:05 AM »
Thank you! I'd rather not dredge up my dead name, actually. Some folks who were around then might figure it out by my location, assuming they would remember me. I don't think there are many member living in Japan.

I have a good idea but promise to keep my lips sealed. I'm in a similar situation. Walked away for a bit but now I have time to get back in the game.

Offline K-2SO

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 11:02:30 AM »

I have a good idea but promise to keep my lips sealed. I'm in a similar situation. Walked away for a bit but now I have time to get back in the game.

I have a good idea of who it is also, but I definitely remember you. 

retrousse