fiduciary

Author Topic: 6 posts in october  (Read 3477 times)

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
Re: 6 posts in october
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2022, 10:02:48 AM »

There’s a season for everything, and now I think this forum serves a lot like the Jedi Archives. Invaluable in its own right, and only useful to those who know what they are looking for- be it nostalgia or foundational building knowledge of years gone by.

Yes, maybe a name change is overdue, fxsabers archives. I can't believe many commissions come through here anymore.
I still get the occasional tri cree commission from those that know what it is, like my youngling saber contest entry in 2020, those are normally to keep cost down or a shelf saber they have no need for a blade, coz play or kids saber. So old school isn't completely gone yet.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2022, 04:20:31 PM »
Hello everyone

I have something to say…

It’s better to burn out, than to fade away :laugh:

I took a while for me to respond to this as it is a sensitive and negative issue in many ways
but at the same time there is a level of positive accomplishment that can’t be ignored.

Is it disappointing to see the participation here down yes, but traffic has been down for a lot of forums compared to what it used to be.
I agree with much of what has been said and would add the following…

Since 2005 starting with being a supporting forum for Master Replicas force fx-lightsabers
to the inclusion of the after market with the earliest makers such as Parks, Light-tech, Random Sabers
and others through the years of Hyperdyne, Ultrasabers, Saberforge to the Formation of the Saber Guild
for the FX-SABERS manufacturers and Affiliates Like TCSS, Plecter Labs, Vaders Vault, LDM, Madcow
and of course my self as FX-Sabers with My Builds along with so many of the recommended manufacturers
listed in the Saber Guild or Mining Colony here in the forum.
We were an intricate part in creating the modern world of “effect” lightsabers now generically and now
even generally referred to as an Fx-saber.
And of course not to forget the creation of the first "Lightsaber chassis” with Crystals in them that expanded
the entire experience of owning a saber with such details and effects.

During the years there have been many alliances formed along with conflicts of interest so to speak that in this respect
some good some bad regardless of fault or anterior motives against or in favor of this site and forum have shaped
its evolution popularity usefulness etc…

I did my best to protect the saber community and fought for the allowing of its existence in the eyes of Lucas Film Licensing
for a very long time and while most don’t know that pain and suffering, for those who do they know the true value of what
we have actually accomplished that so many not in the know don’t appreciate but that is the sacrifice that needed to be made.

From my experience with all of this I feel confident in saying that if it wasn’t for the ground work we have laid here since the beginning
the saber community and technology simply would not have become as vast and plentiful as it is today.

In reflection, anyone who has been a member here over the years has contributed to the evolution of the Lightsaber and community
and that is something everyone who has contributed should be proud of.

As it has been mention already, the repository of history and information contained with in along with the fact that the forum remains
here for those who still wish to or will again choose to use it as an information archive or for new members moving forward.
I think I speak for those of us that keep it going, we will do what we must to continue to provide this resource for the saber community.

The Name won’t change but perhaps the Perspective and Purpose can once again evolve.

I feel if the forum could actually speak for its self it would say this…
1&t=15s

What I want to say…

May the Force be with You
always
YODA
 :yoda:

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2022, 07:37:30 PM »
Good to hear from a lot of the saber guild that I respected so much, and simply as just a collector I still did enjoy this forum very much when i joined in 2013 and learned what I could.  The runs were truly exciting but as those have not materialized as expected or anymore I've faded away.  An archive seems as appropriate a description as any.  It is unfortunate that most don't know the contributions fx sabers made to the evolution of sabers but time to adapt and hand the reigns to the young SW fans.
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2022, 09:32:36 PM »
[...] I did my best to protect the saber community [...]

Well, Yoda, if it means anything to you, I still only really trust the old SABER Guild members not to rip me off.  You also acted as a steward of the community, pointing us newbies in the direction of trustworthy folks while keeping us shielded from the less-trustworthy ones.  For that, and for so much more, I'd like to say thank you.  Thank you for all you've done for the hobby, and thank you for sharing it with us for all these years.

I still have my Fx-Sabers Vintage Graflex IV in pride of place in my study.  It's one of my most treasured possessions, right next to the one my dad built me all those years ago. :)

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2022, 02:14:09 PM »

Still got my work of art too and it’s one of my favourite possessions!!

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2023, 09:19:04 AM »
Truly a work of art mate!

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2023, 03:32:51 PM »
I just dropped in after a brief break and was also shocked to see the limited unread posts.  I hope this forum stays around as it has been a great resource!   I also think that the recent build contests were good for activity (I participated in the last 2.)

Really liked Yoda’s post on the impact this has had over the years…and to see he is making sabers again!

retrousse