fiduciary

Author Topic: Kenobi  (Read 3396 times)

Offline dark_jedi_vokk

• Force User
  • I am glad to finally have peace...at last.
Kenobi
« on: June 08, 2022, 09:31:43 AM »
What are your thoughts on this?

I'm not liking that it's focused on this rescue of Leia as a child that has no connection with the original trilogy. She never referred to Obi Wan as someone she knew, but as someone her father told her about.
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible to admit it"

"To be united by hatred is a... fragile alliance at best"

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
Re: Kenobi
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 01:05:06 PM »
It’s fine so far. Leia is also the grand old age of ten in this sequence.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 04:31:44 AM »
Yeah, okay is about all I'm feeling for it, really. It's a shame, they started on such a high, but it's just been a bit of a bland, marvel-esque disappointment so far.

Particularly on the musical side of things. I swear, Disney do such a great job of scoring the trailers for the films and shows, then the final product is just musically meh, like the entire point of scoring is just an afterthought, and not an integral part of the Star Wars experience. That first teaser, with all the PT musical high spots blending seamlessly into one another was epic, then the final product just has nothing from the prequels. IMO, so far, only Rogue One has managed to produce some decent music that feels like it belongs in Star Wars, with Mando a close second.
Better late than never.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 10:41:31 AM »
Yeah, okay is about all I'm feeling for it, really. It's a shame, they started on such a high, but it's just been a bit of a bland, marvel-esque disappointment so far.

Particularly on the musical side of things. I swear, Disney do such a great job of scoring the trailers for the films and shows, then the final product is just musically meh, like the entire point of scoring is just an afterthought, and not an integral part of the Star Wars experience. That first teaser, with all the PT musical high spots blending seamlessly into one another was epic, then the final product just has nothing from the prequels. IMO, so far, only Rogue One has managed to produce some decent music that feels like it belongs in Star Wars, with Mando a close second.

I agree with SRTM!!

This latest (4th episode as I write this) Part 4 is just so bad... the writing is so, so terrible.

In the first five minutes of the episode, a soldier demands Obi Wan leave his little workshop. Then, Obi Wan just says something like 'The empire sucks.'

Then the mechanic proceeds to convince himself to help Obi Wan! Obi Wan said nothing! But then this mechanic guys says "Oh yeah, the empire killed my Jedi wife. Terrible. I'll help in any way you need!"

How dumb is that!?

All the fighting sequences seemed so bad... seemed like the actors were doing their own 'stunts' and lightsaber battles. It was so bad-looking. I'm absolutely stunned at how bad this show is. Absolutely stunned!!!

At the middle of the episode, doors are closing as a rush of water comes toward the door in a giant wave of water. The door closes just as the wave of water crashes against the closing door. However, not even a drop comes through the closing door. No splash, nothing. This show is so bad. I feel bad for all of us fans who have to endure this.

The last thing I'll mention here is that the ENTIRE show itself UNDOES what happens in Episode IV movie. All the dialogue in Episode IV A New Hope are undone. And they aren't made BETTER, they are undone. The point of this show should have been to ENHANCE A New Hope, not destroy it.

By the way, Part 4 of Obi Wan show is such a bad rip off of A New Hope: kid napped Princess Leia being interrogated, must be rescued by Obi Wan Kenobi and friends. And at the end what happens with the snow speeders is just so stupid OMG

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 05:11:50 AM »
So, I'll be honest, Episode 5 was the best so far. not that that's saying much by the standards the show's set so far, but it was good.

And in words I thought I'd never say, my number one fanboy demand for the franchise is a live action reboot of the entire Clone Wars with the original PT cast, before they get too old. Or a pre AOTC live action series focused on Obi-Wan and Anakin in the lead up to the Clone Wars.
Better late than never.

retrousse