fiduciary

Author Topic: Negotiator CF6 and Crystal chamber Upgrade for forum member.  (Read 9569 times)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
Negotiator CF6 and Crystal chamber Upgrade for forum member.
« on: March 25, 2013, 03:54:18 PM »
Hello everyone

I thought i would share my latest upgrade of a forum members Negotiator I recently finished
for forum member pickacabin.

It was upgraded from a CF4 with an Old crystal chamber to a CF6 with an all new and revised
expanded crystal chamber like I've been doing and now with another illuminated battery core.

I believe He plans to do a review but I wanted to post some pics of it because I like how it turned out 8)

MTFBWY
always
YODA

Full size images and Various Upgraded Negotiators at my photobucket...
http://s201.photobucket.com/user/FX-SABERS/library/Negotiator%20FX-SABERS%202013?page=1

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers
Re: Negotiator CF6 and Crystal chamber Upgrade for forum member.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »
Prettty!

I'm the only saber smith ever mentioned in the NY Times: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35163
My Sabers: Avenger & Defender (TCSS Pair), Ravager (SF Vanquish)
Check out my profile for my website, sound font samples and pictures of sabers i've built!
Note: All sales from me, once shipped, are final.

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »
I love this, Yoda! Masterful work, as always. Such an inspiring treat, in so many ways! The plug-in battery core is executed perfectly!
**I AM RETIRED from saber commission building**

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 11:20:43 PM »
wow simply beautiful i love the extended chamber look

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Aginor

• Formerly known as Sidewinder
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 11:49:02 PM »
Very, very nice!

Offline Darth Monkey

• Force User
  • Smell my finger?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 03:50:46 AM »
Wow that chamber looks beautiful! I especially like how you've now added a RICE port & a plug in battery case.

You mentioned before about considering a run of these? (all fingers/toes crossed!)  ;D
FX-Sabers Vintage Graflex ESB CFv4
FX-Sabers Negotiator TPM CFv6
OM/MH Obi-Wan TPM #18 CFv5
SC/VV Qui-Gon TPM #16 CFv5
OM/LDM Double Awesomesauce Maul TPM CFv6
GCS Darth Bane #15 CFv6
LDM Obi-Wan MKIII AFBB/ANH Hybrid PCv2
LDM Lego Saber CSv1
KR/JQ Mace Windu ROTS CSv5 Neopixel
Tri-Cloud/KR Anakin AOTC NBv2
UltimateWorks/SpaceW Dooku AOTC PRIZMv5 Neopixel
VV Luke ROTJ Gen 1 CS4.5 Neopixel
MR/JQ Yoda ROTS CSv3
MR/JQ Vader ESB CSv5
Korbanth Emperor DS3 Proffie Neopixel

Offline 2fishbones

• No Force
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 06:49:18 AM »
It is very beautiful. ;D
Negotiator AOTCF4-R.S.retrofit CF-5.1 Crystal Chamber
Yoda PC2.0 MR Conversion PC2.1
Parks MKⅢ CF5
Parks Graflex Yoda,Kit CF5
korbanth ObiTPM CF6 Harp Saber
Korbanth Qui Gon NBv2 Harp Saber
Damage Maul tutorial Harp Saber

Offline Wookiee Man

• Experienced Force User
  • A.K.A Tom Cruise
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 07:15:44 AM »
I've always wanted one  :'( great job Master Yoda

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 08:57:37 AM »
Epic win!  Gotta find me one of these

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 09:12:39 AM »
I really like that battery case. Was that a custom made pack for you Yoda? It is awesome!

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Sunrider

• Unlimited Brightness!!! RRROOAARRR!!!
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
 Very nice. The battery pack is great. And function improved. Great job.

Offline pick_a_cabin

• No Force
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »
When I was in elementary school, I had a few neighborhood friends that I hung out with religiously. My mom and grandparents (in their 60's) worked 6-7 days a week, leaving me lonely, bored, and the average escapist to the realm of Spider-Man and Power Rangers.

One day, my friend and his father took us to the theater. We saw A New Hope. I sat there, for the first time, blown away by the sheer size of the screen, the volume of the sound, and the alteration of my reality. When it was over, I was high off the movie (and probably a lot of sugar). I got back to my friend's home and he said, "Want to watch episodes V and VI on VHS?" My. Mind. Was. Blown.

Like all kids, I swore I would have a lightsaber someday. A sword that no doubt would give me the power to block imaginary laser beams that can only hit storm troopers.

Fast forward years and Episode I appears on the scene. I loved it. Jar Jar and all. I walked out of that theater with my friends in JHS telling me that the movie was a piece of sh*t. I nodded. I went home. I bought the VHS when it came out. I watched it over and over.

When Episode II came out, I didn't even see it. My reason? It got bad ratings. I was a smug high-schooler. I caught Episode III in theaters without finishing Episode II. Anakin's awkward transition to the dark side, frog-bouncing Yoda, and the high ground broke the illusion.

It wasn't until years later, post-college, on a whim, I rewatched all of Star Wars. Proud of the nostalgia from the original trilogy, focusing on Ewan McGregor's performance in the prequels, investing myself emotionally to make up for some of the more jarring scenes, I end up wondering... how much would it cost to get a replica saber? Something that can be an ode, a form of homage, to my youth? An item that you get because you live once and because you work now and you aren't frivolous.

On to E-Bay I go. And two months prior to January 2012, I saw that seller fx-sabers auctioned a Graflex V during Christmas time. It sold for $1.5k. I just missed it...

I found my way to the FX-Sabers forums and lurked. Boy did I lurk. I still barely understand the technology, I like that I don't fully understand it, it retains its magic. I wasn't looking for a toy. I wanted something high-end, sentimental, personal, and to be forever displayed in my own little shrine of nostalgia. It wasn't until I purchased Master Yoda's Graflex IV, did I decide that my "collection" wouldn't be complete without Obi-Wan's lightsaber.

You can imagine my dismay when I found out that Master Yoda's Negotiator was no longer in production. I had contacted Master Yoda about this and he said he may have something in the works in about a year. I subsequently posted, in what I thought to be futility, in the wanted list.

Low and behold, a forum-member swings in and offers me his 2008 Negotiator. A beautiful hilt at the price of a down-payment for a car: $3,000. It took all of five minutes to weigh the pros vs. the con's and to check my own sanity meter before replying, "Yes, please."

With the Negotiator in my possession, I then contacted Master Yoda for potentially an upgrade. It was Scorpion's post that blew me away and I thought I'd be one lucky devil if I could get something similar; something that would make this Negotiator, which was in excellent condition, more my own. $1.5K (can you really put a price on love?) and the rest is history. In April of 2013, a whole year and quarter from my whimsical ponder, the following arrived at my doors:

Good packaging; nothing short of expectation.

Shiny.

Now, before we move forward, I have to say that I am eccentric. I am a little quirky. I take pleasure in never playing with my toys. Unboxed collectibles as a kid. Comics sleeved. All my cards were sleeved the moment they were unpacked. Therefore, the following account is told, with years of mild insanity, an experience that was equal part pain as it is delight.

The pommel shifts off. I don't mind saying it makes me nervous. It's my first time.

You take out the battery pack, it connects precisely into two small holes. I can do upper-level mathematics, I read novels, I can answer hundreds of e-mails a day, I'm logical and have good hands. And yet, seeing it for the first time, I am struck with an animal's fear that I will be unable to reconnect the battery pack.

The pack is covered by a small magnetic strip. It serves to close the lid, keep the cover in place, and is nothing short of genius that can be missed at a glance. It is an artist's care to think this far into what he does.

The lid is off, the battery inserted, and the saber speaks.

That little purple light makes me happy like how a little purple light on a lightsaber can make a man happy.

When it goes on, for the first time, the sound booms. The light is intense. It's so intense that my eyes hurt just a little staring at its reflection off the bed. I take a photo, I stare at it, it's a nice blue, it's nicer that I know I won't fire it up ever again.

I turn the outer shell of the handle. It spins smoothly. It can spin a full 360. This mildly upsets me. I wish it had a point of resistance. I wish it could tell me how far it's supposed to go. Why? Because I don't want to break it. The inside is intricate. I stare at it. I watch the wiring. For a moment, I think Obi-Wan really cared about this. But then I realize the truth is far more fantastical: a man really cared when he made this. This is a summation of someone's childhood, the low moments he broke through, the nights when he swore it wasn't worth it, the thankless days no one will ever know, and the work, effort, sweat, relentlessness to push one's own craft. Plus, it's pretty.

I probably could have picked a much most decorative and presentable part of the room, but I was excited and you don't always think when you're excited. The room has a few lights, it's well lit. The saber makes the room seem dark. It's really stunning.

And there you have it folks. My little personal review in appreciation for a masterpiece. I hope you enjoyed the show and forgive me my indulgence. I didn't want to do a review modeled after how most critics do them. Mainly because I can't. I'm unable to explain what it took or what makes it possible. I just know that it's a beauty and it closes a circle that traces back to my childhood and connects it to the man whom now knows what it takes to make an honest living.

---End---

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »
Well done sir and congratulations on owning a veritable masterpiece from a master craftsman! Though I'm a bit dismayed in reading "I will never fire it up again"....?!?!?  But to each his/her own. :p  I enjoyed your review and the stroll down memory lane. Very authentic and poignant!
**I AM RETIRED from saber commission building**

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 01:39:09 AM »
nice read and congrats! i'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with this masterpiece!  8)

Offline SithStalker

• Keeper of the red blade
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 03:40:36 AM »
Really nice! The crystal chamber is beautiful.

Haha... Well, it's a fool's errand, boy. The Emperor's army is infinite. You'll eventually be killed... or worse... and nothing will have changed.

retrousse