fiduciary

Author Topic: Luxeon LED SABER SOUNDS Section intro  (Read 14976 times)

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
Re: Luxeon LED SABER SOUNDS Section intro
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »
Oooh man, I'd love to beta test this for ya.  :)

Wonderful work.

I'll keep you mind for that. This is my first soundfont so when I'm done testing it myself, I would love to have a couple people test the font before I officially release it.

LOL man, you totally just made my night.

Any chance I can help out at all?  Do you need any captures from ingame?  Just someone to bounce ideas off of?

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »
Oooh man, I'd love to beta test this for ya.  :)

Wonderful work.

I'll keep you mind for that. This is my first soundfont so when I'm done testing it myself, I would love to have a couple people test the font before I officially release it.

LOL man, you totally just made my night.

Any chance I can help out at all?  Do you need any captures from ingame?  Just someone to bounce ideas off of?

Nah I'm good for now. I have all the captures I need and the hum has been mixed with all the sounds. Right now I'm the the phase of playing with each mixed sound and editing them so they flow smoothly into the hum. Some are done but others still need work. Thanks for the offer though!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 06:57:24 PM »
Yeah, of course.  Anything you can think of so that we can get this font rolled out; this is a beautiful piece of work.  :)

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 07:23:52 PM »
Yeah, of course.  Anything you can think of so that we can get this font rolled out; this is a beautiful piece of work.  :)

Thank you very, very much! That means a lot to me. Believe me I can't wait to get the font out but like I said in one of my previous posts here, it probably isn't going to be released til' May. (School stuff comes first, you know what I mean?  ;) )

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 08:14:56 PM »

Thank you very, very much! That means a lot to me. Believe me I can't wait to get the font out but like I said in one of my previous posts here, it probably isn't going to be released til' May. (School stuff comes first, you know what I mean?  ;) )

I'm with ya there.  I've got a Chem test this week, and I'm not prepared for it at all.

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 10:09:39 PM »
DUUUDE! Perfect boot sound. This is one I will most definitely want in my collection.

I know right? When I was thinking of a boot for this font I kept listening to all the different menu sounds, beeps, boops, etc in the game that I could have used. Then it hit and I said I HAVE to use the level up sound.  :D

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 05:40:56 PM »
Since this is a thread where members can share ( if they wish ) what they're using program wise and stuff like that.... I'll be the first to ask. I have a lot of great ideas for fonts and would LOVE to start making them. What is a good program for this ? Also im sure theres extra tools/programs needed to capture sounds from movies/games/videos etc...   Anyone willing to share ?   And of course to all who have projects out there and completed fonts... Keep up the great work !  I love everything ive seen so far. I would love to contribute.                         
                                                                                                                                                    Thanks                             Link

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 06:02:20 PM »
Since this is a thread where members can share ( if they wish ) what they're using program wise and stuff like that.... I'll be the first to ask. I have a lot of great ideas for fonts and would LOVE to start making them. What is a good program for this ? Also im sure theres extra tools/programs needed to capture sounds from movies/games/videos etc...   Anyone willing to share ?   And of course to all who have projects out there and completed fonts... Keep up the great work !  I love everything ive seen so far. I would love to contribute.                         
                                                                                                                                                    Thanks                             Link

Well there are a lot of lightsaber sounds that can be found on the internet. You can probably google those to get you started. However you could probably make an even better sound font by recording audio directly from a Star Wars movie or game. To do that, I use a program called Audio Hijack Pro. It records anything your computer's audio card "hears". Now I don't know what kind of computer you use but this program is only for Mac but I'm sure someone could point you in the direction of such a program for Windows if you have one.

When I mix the sounds, I use a program Erv made called Saber Sound Mixer. Here's a link where you can download it.
https://www.plecterlabs.com/catalog/article_info.php?articles_id=47
(Look for the words Saber Sound Mixer in bold lettering and click it to download).

After mixing the files, you need to cut up the mixed recording into the individual files for the saber. For this part you can use whatever audio editing software you prefer to use. In my case I like using Audacity.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. The link I gave you is also Erv's step-by-step tutorial that explains the process in far greater detail than me. Hope this helps though. Good luck!

Offline Link

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 06:07:44 PM »
Well there are a lot of lightsaber sounds that can be found on the internet. You can probably google those to get you started. However you could probably make an even better sound font by recording audio directly from a Star Wars movie or game. To do that, I use a program called Audio Hijack Pro. It records anything your computer's audio card "hears". Now I don't know what kind of computer you use but this program is only for Mac but I'm sure someone could point you in the direction of such a program for Windows if you have one.

When I mix the sounds, I use a program Erv made called Saber Sound Mixer. Here's a link where you can download it.
(Look for the words Saber Sound Mixer in bold lettering and click it to download).

After mixing the files, you need to cut up the mixed recording into the individual files for the saber. For this part you can use whatever audio editing software you prefer to use. In my case I like using Audacity.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. The link I gave you is also Erv's step-by-step tutorial that explains the process in far greater detail than me. Hope this helps though. Good luck!

Now this is what im talking about !   Machinimax sir... you = win right now.  Ive been dying to try my hand at this and belive you me. Once I get down how to correctly mix and create sound together. GAME ON !   Congrats on your creations too !   

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 06:10:32 PM »
GAME ON !   Congrats on your creations too !   

That's the spirit!!

And thank you!!!  :D

Offline Link

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »

I tried downloading the sound mixer. It downloaded the folder but there was nothing in it. I tried it a few times and Zilch !  Ideas ?

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 07:09:59 PM »
Huh weird. I just tried it and it worked. It's a compressed folder. Did you unzip it?

Offline Link

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
Huh weird. I just tried it and it worked. It's a compressed folder. Did you unzip it?

Yeah, Zilch.  Weird right?  lol  I have no idea. I'll try again but im sure I'll get the same thing. I've even checked my computer and can't seem to find anything wrong. oh well I guess.  Thanks anywho.  I'll let ya know if it turns out to work.

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »
If it keeps giving you trouble, PM me your email and I'll see if I can send you the file.

retrousse