fiduciary

Author Topic: About the Petit Crouton....  (Read 22734 times)

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
Re: About the Petit Crouton....
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 02:51:24 AM »
having read a few posts on sound issues with the new PC-L this is a really usefull vid, .. no sound board is perfect, all of them have pro,s and cons... yep i agree totally with one of your last statements during that vid, most of the fun comes from actually building the lightsaber, just make the best of what you have.

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 04:17:10 AM »
Sigh, I never thought the US was better or louder.  I was just pointing out that I didn't have enough resonance...

Let me put it in black and white. The PC-L is the superior soundcard ti the ultrasound in every way and when resonated correctly, is louder as well

Offline Kalizon

• Force User
  • The sword and the mind are One
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 04:31:08 AM »
Excellent work Qui-gon.

Thank you for a good comparison.

I was thinking the sensitivity with the swings could be considered a bonus.  Turn the saber on at a party while it's in the stand and you are getting some action just leaving it in the stand, not just the idle hum.

But the fun is when you swing it around.
A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Offline MaleficusForte

• Force User
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 05:25:12 AM »
i got a quick question about the PC manual. On the basic wiring diagram, is the orange line for the ground lead? And the ground lead is ALWAYS negative?

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 06:26:50 AM »
I believe Erv always uses blue as the ground in the diagrams.
Ground is always negative.
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline MaleficusForte

• Force User
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 02:19:49 PM »
so orange is the auxilary?

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 03:58:26 PM »
so orange is the auxilary?

Orange is the auxiliary, yes.
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »
Thanks for taking hte time to do this comparo Master JINN.  Everything you say in the vid is true.  For those of you who put your speaker close to the board, you will get swings (a hazard of analog sensors) so just adjust your sensitivity.  Also, occasionally the little ball in the sensor will get "stuck" (happened to me during shipping a couple of times).  It can be "unstuck" by hitting hte saber's blade on something soft a few times (a few solid whacks) and you ought to be good...or send it back in the mail for repair and it will be fixed all by itself  by the time it gets to MH ;)

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »
Just thought I would share a quick video of my PC install progress.
Soundfont is Darkmeat for those who have not heard it.
I am waiting on a few parts but decided to do a dry run.
Sounds nice and loud to me.  Can't wait to finish it.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 05:46:53 PM »
 :D :D

Nice video jay!!Some people would complain if they won a new corvette.They would say how come the car did not come with a full gas tank lol :D :D

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 09:54:07 PM »
:D :D

Nice video jay!!Some people would complain if they won a new corvette.They would say how come the car did not come with a full gas tank lol :D :D

Right on Brotha!  Well said. :D

@D. Smorgis- nice vid man.  The Darkmeat is pretty cool huh. ;D

Offline Wookiee Man

• Experienced Force User
  • A.K.A Tom Cruise
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 11:15:09 PM »
The PC is the second best soundboard available to the CF! I've spent hours, days, months waiting for this to finally be available for the public only to read some complaints.  How loud do you really want your saber?  It really bothers me to read post on which others try to help others but get ignored.  I'm very happy with the PC and will continue to support those who brought this possible ;) :)
BOOM!!!

Offline MaleficusForte

• Force User
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 03:34:37 AM »
having read a few posts on sound issues with the new PC-L this is a really usefull vid, .. no sound board is perfect, all of them have pro,s and cons... yep i agree totally with one of your last statements during that vid, most of the fun comes from actually building the lightsaber, just make the best of what you have.

I think that applies to all soundboards..............except crystal focus. But then again, I' have never owned one so I dont know its limitation. However, because I have never physically touched one, I shall continue to bow down to its seemingly divine prowess.

The PC is the second best soundboard available to the CF! I've spent hours, days, months waiting for this to finally be available for the public only to read some complaints.  How loud do you really want your saber?  It really bothers me to read post on which others try to help others but get ignored.

Are you talking about posts in general? or are you bothered by the posts in this thread. It may be naivete optimistic nature speaking, but I don't really see complaints and people being ignored. I see people worried about their soundboards that they probably never owned before (because...well...before recently, acquiring a PC was perhaps even more difficult than acquiring a CF, simply because it was not sold in public, unlike the CF where you had a chance with the F5 button) and the board was doing things that they "think" is unnatural(again, I think I have to stress that this is probably their first time holding a holy grail's child, which is still more complex than your everyday FX/Hasbro soundboards).

Offline enaswede

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 06:29:19 AM »
The link to download the PC PDF Manual on the TCSS site is not working for me... would someone mind sending to to me in email? enaswede@msn.com

Thanks!  :-[

"When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master!"
Click here to view my personal lightsaber & blaster collection!

Offline Rafalema

• Master Force User
  • Dancin' with da polar bears
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 06:43:33 AM »
The link to download the PC PDF Manual on the TCSS site is not working for me... would someone mind sending to to me in email? enaswede@msn.com

Thanks!  :-[

Sent!  ;)
Through Passion, I gain Strength
The Assassin - MHS Custom, CFv5.6

retrousse