fiduciary

Author Topic: A real lightsaber  (Read 11993 times)

Offline Azmaria Dei

• Mistress of the Crumbles
  • Force User
  • In sleep do I find my peace.
Re: A real lightsaber
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 04:27:30 AM »
i'm thinking a simple particle beam driven by a diamond aperture with a massive EM focusing point at the end of the hilt that redirects and spins the beam energy cross.rotationally down and around the core beam back towards the emitter and into a collector/recirculator aperture would be somewhat feasible. the energy requirements would be less, the EM fields are containable, and the particles used would give it color based on the vibration patterns of the EM fields twisting them into their designated path. the down side though, is that you would need a steady supply of particles (oh wait... air is made of particles) as well as nano-tech energy cells, which we're not too far from making. after that, it's just perfecting the EM fields and not having any electronics on you.

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 04:54:03 AM »
The first protosabers required electronics on the jedi  ;), so it is still a step in the right direction.

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline Azmaria Dei

• Mistress of the Crumbles
  • Force User
  • In sleep do I find my peace.
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 05:46:11 AM »
exactly that. don't expect the leap to sabers to be directly to the end goal. aim for the steps in between and tech will follow.

Offline Deceptae

• Force User
  • Power, Passion, Strength
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 09:34:22 AM »
I've long held the believe that if you put James Cameron, Oprah, Bill Gates, and George Lucas in a room full of telephones and money, that they (through an army of minions) could get a working lightsaber together in a week.
second.
...The Force Shall Set Me Free.

retrousse