fiduciary

Author Topic: My Sith Planet Qui-Gon  (Read 8215 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Re: My Sith Planet Qui-Gon
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 10:10:15 PM »
What about a phase Sidious?  :P

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 06:19:32 PM »
Thanks for the kind words... I am not a saber maker, but more of a saber producer...I have found talented machinists who have made me a batch of one cool item, then obtained the electronics for someone else to put in, and then put one into my collection and said "ok, who wants to own the rest?"  - so thats how the legend of sithplanet sabers began

I would love to do the Sidious in Phase, but I think the resin/metal ones made before, would really, really need to be made in metal, and I cant talk Parks into spending the time to do it...You dont know how much I pleaded to do a Dooku EL, which is now a Dooku PHASE... guess I'll have to wait for the FX dooku now.

But I was able to get the run of EP3 MACE windus created, and getting as custom Phase model myself.  You can go to him for one, but he is known to be $400-$450 and take 2-3 months....I can throw a large amount at him, get them cheaper, sell them cheaper, and I dont want any money until I get them in hand...usually just under 2 months time.

Offline xwingband

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 09:34:25 PM »
I have one of those Sidious' from the old batch.

I too would love metal, but it's simply unfeasible without costing A LOT!  I'm going to send an e-mail soon because I've been trying to get a run going.  The real issue was it was sculpted before and painting doesn't last too long.  I've got ideas and maybe we can work together.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 10:44:37 PM »
I can certainly imagine how machining an all-metal Sidious would be prohibitively expensive what with all those swooping curves and such but has anyone considered a metal casting instead of machining? Maybe cast bronze or brass or some other cheaper castable metal alloy if those are too expensive? Could metal casting be a less expensive way to get an all-metal Sidious hilt?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:49:02 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 12:45:30 AM »
By the way just to show even more how bright this is in the dark here are two photos that I just recently took.  I had to turn on my small lamp in order to show it better because the blade would wash out my face.   The lamp though was pointed down wards so not much light was giving off of it.

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 12:51:24 AM »
I'm definitely impressed! Is this a Lux III or V?

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 12:55:13 AM »
It's called a "Phase Blade".  I believe korbanth explained what that is in one of the other threads here in the Sith Planet section of the forum.  I don't remember which one but you could look and see.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 12:56:37 AM »
Durangus, it's neither.  The Phase blades have LED strips, like a stock MR blade.

Very cool pics, Vosk.  

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 12:59:20 AM »
Ah okay, I was wondering why the blade looked like it had different colored spots in "blotches". I got confused for a minute and was thinking of the JQ Qui-Gon. Though I have to admit, that's pretty bright1

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline korbanth

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 07:24:08 AM »
and maybe Vosk can agree with this statement or not -

the phase blade only appears to have the spaces in photos, and in person, I dont see those spaces, I see only smooth green blade....

looks great though

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 09:06:21 AM »
I will definitely agree the blade is evenly light in person.

retrousse