fiduciary

Author Topic: OBi Wan ANH EL  (Read 7831 times)

Seth Ski-Woo

Re: OBi Wan ANH EL
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 03:43:32 PM »
Hi Alias - thanks for the tip.

My main concern on the money front is how expensive it can be ordering and/or shipping outside of Europe - the customs people really like to dig in and take their pound of flesh - for example when I bought an Ultra DIY kit and blade I paid about $40 in import handling and VAT charges, which bumped the total shipping cost to about the same as the cost of the goods.

Having said that, there's forms you can fill out if something is sent for repair or whatever to avoid most of that, so sending something to the States for conversion wouldn't be so bad and is something I may well consider when I'm a bit better off in the new year. I've seen that X-Wing has used the rebels to good effect and they certainly seem more suited to a 3/4" set up where space is limited; in fact I'm considering approaching him to convert my Parks Qui Gon as well.

And I heard back from the guy. He's been held up with some personal bits and says it'll be sent out by the end of the week with tracking details, which is (hopefully) fine.

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 03:48:16 PM »
Pretty soon Xwing will be offering Parks Qui Gon WITH SOUND conversions using the Rebels. Acerocket is machining pommels for him right now.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 10:13:55 PM »
Yes X did my brothers quigonn and man its sick.

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 03:25:48 PM »
Yay - I expressed an interest in the pommels when Vortextwist put me onto this happening a bit ago, definitely good that it's in the pipeline. If I do pay someone else to do the stuff on my Qui Gon it will be X for sure.

Alias, is Vortextwist your bro? Saw the vid of VT's hilt with the Ultrasound in - very tasty!

Offline Sidneyious

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 04:52:29 PM »
yeah hes my brah.

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 11:25:54 PM »
Yay - must be good to have a bruv who you share the lightsaber bug with  :D

Offline Sidneyious

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 03:32:15 AM »
My brother is a sw freak and dident take long fo rhim to get addicted, I was watching rotj when I was a wee lil  baby and hooked sence.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 04:05:46 AM »
Wow! How did I miss this topic? I mean I was intending to purchase that exact hilt, since I was watching it on ebay, but of course I had to be slaving away in the Spice Mines during the auction ending period! >:(

Anyway... Sethski that is an AWESOME hilt, and hopefully soon I will be able to obtain another one.

(Had to give mine up)

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 08:49:06 PM »
V is your Bro  :o  :o  ??? Wow. Thats interesting
My bro is going to join soon  8) but he told me not to tell who he is  :-X  ;D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 12:40:19 PM by Darth Resev »
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 02:51:36 AM »
Aw - DT, I feel slightly bad that you couldn't have it as well - it was the early hours of the morning here in London when it finished and luckily I was being nocturnal doing essay writing with half an eye on eBay, so I was very happy to be able to snag it. I do hope another one comes up for you in the New Year.  ;)

It does look a sweet hilt. It's actually still nor here, but imminent - on the tracking it says "out for delivery" Saturday, but guess they didn't get round to mine as no delivery or card through the door... and I'm out most of Monday... ...so I've got that twitchiness of anticipation until it's here  :D

Alias - me too from an early age. I was 4 when I saw ANH, a bunch of kids and mums from my street went to see the late showing, so it was big deal kiddy excitement all round. Since then it's been in the blood, even if slightly dormant at times (although it's really flared up since being bitten by the saber bug lol).

retrousse