fiduciary

Author Topic: Need some ideas for an Orbital Machining t-shirt.  (Read 7103 times)

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
Need some ideas for an Orbital Machining t-shirt.
« on: October 31, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »
OK, since I know about 2/3 of this forum's members consider themselves graphic artists, I figured this would be the group to ask.  I need a t-shirt design (or two) so I can get some Orbital Machining t-shirts made up for myself and to offer to my 'fans'.

I have worn work T-shirts since I was 13 years old.  Pretty much the same idea all through the years and different logo incarnations.  A small logo on the front chest 'pocket' area with a large logo/design on the rear.  Some people tell me they don't like logos on the front, but I am used to them and a T-shirt feels wrong to me without one (the exception being T-shirts I own which are not company branded).

I have two different versions of a front 'pocket' logo I plan on using (I will let the T-shirt printing company help me decide which will work best).

So, who wants to make me a design for the back of the T-shirt?

This would be strictly for you to do for fun - I cannot pay 50 people to do 100 different designs for me.  I will let this thread go for a while - post your ideas/design here - and I will have a contest or poll to pick the winning design.  If I use your design, I will most likely offer you a free T-shirt with your design on it.  That's about all I can offer.

A few 'ground rules':

1.  Nothing blatantly Star Wars related - I don't need to run afoul of the Mouse.
2.  Keep the colors to a minimum.  They charge more for the more colors you use.  I don't need a design with 165 different colors - 3 to 5 might be a good number.
3.  Nothing offensive please.  I will be wearing these shirts to promote my business and I need to keep it PG.
4.  Have fun.
5.  Post as many designs as you like - I won't limit anyone.
6.  Any designs posted here become my property if I choose to use them.  I am not paying for the desing and reserve the right to use it without paying compensation.  If you can't deal with that, then please don't post any ideas.

Some thought to get the creative juices flowing.
On most other forums, I go by acerocket.  Some of you may be old enough to remember the movie 'Spies like us".  There was a joke about the CIA being called The Ace Tomato Company.  That is kind of where the name acerocket came from.  When I was contemplating business names years ago, I thought The Ace Rocket Company sounded cool.  But decided against it over the thought that people would get too confused.  I have always pictured a retro looking factory building with giant machines building rockets.

I like retro rockets - like the old Buck Rogers and 1950's designs (large bulbous bodies with long fins).

I know I said no Star Wars, but if you think you can hide a saber or something in the picture without it being obvious, an inside joke, I might consider the design.  (back to the rocket factory idea, I considered hiding a saber or parts of sabers in the rocket shapes themselves). 

So, is anyone interested?

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
Re: Need some ideas for an Orbital Machining t-shirt.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 02:42:27 PM »
i actually think those 2 designs would look better without the rocket on the front (just my opinnion) and i defo think the bottom one is the best of the 2

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:01:45 PM »
While I agree with Scorpion that the second logo looks better, I feel that the top one would be more "t-shirt friendly".

...that's about all I can contribute, I'm no graphic designer :P this should be fun though!

Offline amwolf

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 05:23:21 PM »
Architect, not a graphic designer, who likes the idea of the second logo as an embroidered patch on the left sleeve of a simple black t-shirt. With one breast pocket. In the meantime, I'm going to go fiddle with my sketch book and pencils and see if I can get creative. Yep, I said pencils... I'm that old.

Offline DarthRaevus

• Master Force User
  • Friendly neighborhood machinist...
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »
I like how the pocket design is reminiscent of a certain pommel that you're known for  ;)

Still contemplating a back design...but I'd love to see something that is very specifically machining related.  Not sure what though - rocket in a lathe between centers?

Would you potentially be offering these shirts for sale Wat?  I'd be interested.

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 06:21:26 AM »
Yes, the intention is to offer shirts for sale.  I need shirts to wear at work and when I am doing work duties.  It makes a lot of sense to order more shirts at a time to keep costs down.  So, once a design is picked, there will be a thread posted offering them for sale.  They most likely won't be available all the time (I can't afford to buy 100 shirts and sit on them), only select times when I choose to offer them.  If I get two or three designs I like, I may offer them up over the cours of the year to get all the designs done.

Offline Rusty

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 06:42:03 AM »
My best friend is actually going to school for graphing design and does amazing work. He is not into star wars like I am but I can ask him to create a design for you if you would like.

Brass Starkiller PC-L By Iggy

Offline cordaroyfog

• Master Force User
  • Just your friendly neighborhood Fog...
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 07:27:25 AM »
I can't draw but I photoshopped these guys for a rough idea:

Namely, the rocket ship making an ace shaped exhaust cloud, if someone could draw up an original of that kind of thing, making the the ace exhaust more artistic (not so obviously an ace) I think it would be awesome!

Offline jin.starkiller

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 08:03:59 AM »
design 2 without the rocket looks better than the first design

Offline Ari-Jaq Xulden

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 08:40:31 AM »

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 08:57:59 AM »
Yes, the intention is to offer shirts for sale.  I need shirts to wear at work and when I am doing work duties. 

I get the shirts during work, but man those are some strict rules.  I can do my duties shirtless if I need to, just so long as I keep the fan on  :D
Support our Font Makers!

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
Support our Font Makers!

Offline Scruffy Nerf Herder

• #1 supporter of Jar Jar for EPVII main lead character
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 07:12:53 PM »
Doctor....

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »
I'm going to give this another week to see if there are any people who submit a design.  After that, I will leave the thread open, but look at other options to get some artwork made.

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:00:45 AM by Iggy »

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

retrousse