fiduciary

Author Topic: OM Stormtrooper CFv6 reveal!  (Read 9891 times)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: OM Stormtrooper CFv6 reveal!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 05:10:06 PM »
Beneath his Gold Shiny exterior - Dave is a Stormtrooper at heart - for those who don't know.
Really enjoyed your review mate and glad you love it.

I'm definitely rethinking my install after this one. ..........CFv6 too, to give your's a twin ;)

Sorry to those that did miss the run of these OM ST in white or black - there's no chance I would say you'll ever pry these from our hands now we've got one each.  8)

Yeah that's true, this has been a long time coming so it's not leaving my hands :D definitely worth the wait!

You should be able to do the CFv6 install on yours with you eyes closed after this one now...right? :D

This run was really something special. The combination of Wat, JANGO, GG and MH is epic. As soon as I read the run thread I knew I wanted one and that it was an epic saber, it's just a shame the run was already over when I first saw it... It all worked out in the end though :)

Another excellent review, Dave.  I really liked the color show as you scrolled down the fonts - you have a few more colors on there than on Heart of the Force, lol.  The colors are excellent, and the font choices are spectacular! A New Hope and Vader fit, for obvious reasons, and the others are great choices - but I actually haven't heard Kamino.  Guess where I'm off to after this? 

Something else I noticed is the really nice, sharp photos.  You're using a real camera, I presume?  Not a laptop webcam?   :D

The bargraph is awesome; I like the blinkies quite a bit.  I'm not too well versed in the Stormtrooper hilt - is the color scheme "canon?"  Or did you customize it?  Either way, it looks great - if this isn't the canon look, it shoukd be. 

Now what's this I hear about a Stormtrooper project?

Thanks James. Yeah Kamino is a really incredible font, definitely one of my all time favourites.

I initially had the bargraph LED setup that JANGO posted in the build he did for me, but this time round I wanted the four different LED colours as I really like the colourful bargraph on my IK.

@C-3P0 glad to see it's coming together.

Thanks JANGO! Me too, it's certainly been a long road to get to this point  :-\

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 02:32:48 AM »
Hey there 3PO!
First of all, is that you in the storm trooper suit at the very top of your review?!  :)
I love the way you write your reviews, you put so much love and enthusiasm in it! Thats why I love that hobby so much, its like we are collecting art! Actually it is art and
your Stormtrooper Saber is no exception at all. One day I have to come to Australia to see that saber in person  ;)
Another awesome review mate! Enjoy your Stormtrooper CF6 saber mate!!!  :)

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 02:51:33 AM »
Hey Master Luke :)

Nah, not me in the ST suit unfortunately...but stay tuned ;) I just cheated and grabbed that pic off the net :D

Thanks for the kind words, really appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed the review. We'd love for you two to come over to Australia, as you already know :) Just make sure you bring some of your sabers with you too!

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 10:37:21 AM »
Oh yeah, one thing that completely slipped my mind is that you can now have four custom boots per font with the CFv6 :) you get a random one of the four play each time, which makes for a total of 24 boots per SD card!

awesome thats a nice little feature

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 10:40:18 AM »
Oh yeah, one thing that completely slipped my mind is that you can now have four custom boots per font with the CFv6 :) you get a random one of the four play each time, which makes for a total of 24 boots per SD card!

awesome thats a nice little feature

Yeah thats kind of cool! I thought it would be nice to have 4 different "mechanical" boot sounds, something like a servo sound + a crystal energy startup... would love to have some boots sounds that actually "brings the saber to live" when you boot it!

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 11:44:48 PM »
awesome reveal thread, thank you !
glad to see the V6 is doing justice to that hilt, it's really complete with the color mixing and the RICE port ! Bravo !

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 12:03:01 AM »
awesome reveal thread, thank you !
glad to see the V6 is doing justice to that hilt, it's really complete with the color mixing and the RICE port ! Bravo !

Thank YOU Erv' :) Pete did a fantastic job on this build, I love all the new features! This one is special as it's my first CFv6 saber, and the board is every bit as good as I imagined...actually, better than I imagined.

Now I just need to get my computer to recognize the saber in RICE so I can play with the colour mixing! I've installed the drivers, and it says that the device is ready to use but it won't connect in the RICE program for some reason  :-\

Anyway, here's the first of many CFv6 sabers that will make their way into my collection :) keep those boards coming Erv'! :D

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 12:45:17 AM »
Protocol Droid has all the cool toys.  :D

Sick saber, brutha! True ST goodness....congrats on a fine weapon. Please make sure she gets used accordingly.  ;)

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
Dave I can't believe how awesome this turned out.  You truly did set out to accomplish the ultimate ST saber, and were totally successful.  Bravo!

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 05:34:05 PM »
Thanks mate, and thank you once again for the custom boots! :)

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 10:46:35 PM »
No prob!  When are we going to see a video of this masterpiece??

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 10:59:58 PM »
I've just made the one video so far. This one that you may have missed:

retrousse