fiduciary

Author Topic: Orbital Machining Obi-Wan TPM Lightsaber #27 Review NEW FOC & MAIN BLADE  (Read 14962 times)

Offline vvenom

• Master Force User
Orbital Machining Obi-Wan TPM #27

First off i just want to send out a huge thank you to Wat (Eric) for doing this saber for us its just an amazing Saber i also want to thank all the installers for doing such a great job making these work so well :).

Ok so when you first open the shipping box your surprised buy a nice black case that is just staring at you willing you to open it :)
Once inside you see what is in my opinion the best saber the people at Lucas ever came up with and now its all mine lol

First things first grab the dvd get my pc on as fast as i can and load..........

Im glade that Wat made this dvd it was nice to see the pics from the installers and the CF folder came in real handy after i stuffed my SD card while changing fonts :( note to self never try and change fonts while still in shock that you have an amzing saber.

So now to fire it up!!

After i gave it a nice polish to match my MR EE Saber it was time to adjust the switches i love how Wat has made these switches i could put them nice and tight so it felt nice to click them very well done on this Wat.

The pommel removes very easy so its not at all a pain to get to the SD card and the Kill key wirring on my saber from what i can see is very nice as will all of these sabers since they are done buy some of the best installers out.
Only issue i have is the kill key itself i find it a little hard to get out and would love to hear some ideas or fixes that people have used to solve this or i could just be doing it wrong :)
Once i turneed it on first thing wow its bright second is its nice and loud even with the solid pommel installed and the feel of the sound rumbling past the vents to your hand gives it a unique feel i think and one i personly like.

Sond Fonts

1) Heirloom - Madcow
2) Hero - Madcow
3) Shatter point - Madcow
4) Starkiller TFU2 - Phoenixjedi
5) Old Republic 2 - Phoenixjedi
6) Fates - Madcow

Boots - Alex Gordon
Menu Backround - Juan Sith

VIDEOS

&feature=relmfu

EYE CANDY !!

If you want to see the HIGH RES shots http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa462/vvenom32/ACEROCKET%20OBI%20TPM%20SABER/

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 06:41:28 PM by vvenom »

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: Orbital Machining Obi-Wan TPM Lightsaber #27 Review
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »
Awesome! Another happy customer :)

Would love to see some pics mate! :)

Offline Vale

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 07:14:07 PM »
I have the same problem with my kill key.  I've bent my fingernails trying to pull it out bare handed, and I have short nails.  I had to use needle nosed pliers to get mine out.  

Love the polish!

Love the stand too!  You sure know how to make a presentation with your sabers.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:51:46 PM by Vale »

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »
My kill key can be difficult to remove as well at times. I've been removing it with a pair of needle nose pliers.

I agree the sound is great even with the more accurate vent-less pommel endcap installed.  In fact I think I like the way it sounds with that endcap over the vented one.

I was checking out your photos.  Your hilt looks really shiny.  Did you polish it? 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:23:52 PM by toddshogun »

Offline vvenom

• Master Force User
Re: Orbital Machining Obi-Wan TPM Lightsaber #27 Review *PIC HEAVY*
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »
I love the Sound Font The Old Republic 2 from Phoenixjedi it is really load and sounds very nice with this setup i think you should all try it i will be posting a video tonight at some point and ill show you just how load it is :)..

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »
Never mind, see you did polish it....SWEET

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 07:26:41 PM »
Oh wow, love the pics!!! If you don't mind me asking, which polish are you using and where did you get it from??

Offline vvenom

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 07:28:01 PM »
Just used a nice metal polish that is a very fine grade just by hand and it came up a treat i used same stuff on my LDM MKVI as well i love the finish now i just need to wait for my Sanjuro stand and plaque for it :)

Dave im using a polish that is calle Mirror finish but it was never sold in store was only every sold at car shows its perfect for alloy try online its a liquid paste
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:29:52 PM by vvenom »

Offline SgtBatten

• Master Force User
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie
    • Hardcore Online Gaming
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »
Im glad your blades arrived mate...

my saber is sitting in customs for a weekend getaway.

and i just realised i dont have a dvd drive atm. mines broken and i cant afford a new one for a few weeks. :(
Sarge

Please Note that I will generally be AFK from now on.
I'll remain in contact with people i have current dealings with to the best of my ability.

Sign me up for the Maul Please

Offline vvenom

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 07:30:55 PM »
*Sarge* I may have a spare one you can have ill have a look tonight if you want

Offline SgtBatten

• Master Force User
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie
    • Hardcore Online Gaming
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 07:32:34 PM »
*Sarge* I may have a spare one you can have ill have a look tonight if you want

ohh good news perhaps..
text me the deets if u find one
Sarge

I'll remain in contact with people i have current dealings with to the best of my ability.

Offline Sohryu76

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »
It looks awesome...

:)
Proud Owner of:

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 07:41:41 PM »
Yes, the kill keys can be pretty tight.  But that's a price you have to pay to have it hidden.  Any bigger, and you can't get the pommel on.  Trust me, I went through many different kill key and recharge port designs before arriving at this one.  At one time, the recharge port was just going to be loose and sitting in the pommel with a short length of wire so it could moved out of the way.  I have been told that over time, those 1.3mm ports get a little easier to pull the keys out of - but don't quote me on that, and I make no promises.

I don't use anything as fancy as needle nose pliers - I use my teeth on my saber.   ;D

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »
Just used a nice metal polish that is a very fine grade just by hand and it came up a treat i used same stuff on my LDM MKVI as well i love the finish now i just need to wait for my Sanjuro stand and plaque for it :)

Dave im using a polish that is calle Mirror finish but it was never sold in store was only every sold at car shows its perfect for alloy try online its a liquid paste

Thanks man I'll look into it. A few other people have recommended "Mother's Mag polish". Not sure if you can get that one over here or not though.

Offline SgtBatten

• Master Force User
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie
    • Hardcore Online Gaming
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 07:50:16 PM »
you can get some regular supermarket ones like brasso or silvo (i think). ive used that on my bike exhaust and its amazing.

dunno how "fine" it is though
Sarge

retrousse