fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Chamber LED question.  (Read 844 times)

Offline BipolarShooter

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Crystal Chamber LED question.
« on: January 06, 2019, 08:49:43 PM »
I am currently working on a MPP 2.0 build. I will be installing it with a Nano Biscotte v4 and a Goth3D Sith Master chassis. I have never installed a crystal chamber before with working LEDs. I will be putting 2 5mm Red LEDs that I bought from KR Sabers. I have a few questions in regards to the LEDs in the crystal chamber...

Do I need to wire the individual LEDs with their own resistor?
Where do I need to connect the LEDs to the NBv4?
Does adding the smaller LEDs have any effect on the main blade LED or overall battery life?

Offline Jediseth

• Force User
  • Jediseth sound fonts available at saberfont.com
Re: Crystal Chamber LED question.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 07:18:57 AM »
I see nobody has responded so I’ll do my best.

All LED’s  should have their own resistor.

If your running a led for a crystal I ran mine in parallel to the main blade.

I believe the Nano has one accent pad you can use for an accent LED but I’ve never used it. I jumped straight to higher end boards after doing a basic Nano so I’ve never looked into it.

I believe as long as the LED’S have their own resistor brightness shouldn’t be effective. If you don’t put a resistor on each  LED I believe it will. As in if your running a RRW and you run one resistor ( one 1.2 ohm 3 watt ) to both red LED’s it will diminish brightness,  but it you give each LED it’s own resistor it shouldn’t.

The more LED’s involved I’m sure battery life is drained because more juice is required.

This is the best I can give you.  Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 07:29:45 AM by Jediseth »

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Crystal Chamber LED question.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 07:53:15 AM »
If you want the crystal to mirror the blade you need to wire it to the blade LED pads.  Best practice is to use a separate resistor for each LED. 

Anything you connect to the battery will affect battery life, but the 5mm LEDs will be a drop in the bucket compared to the board and the main LEDs.

The manual shows various wiring configurations and details, I suggest reading giving the manual a careful read.

retrousse