fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke V2 CF-LS modification in progress - FINISHED!  (Read 10099 times)

Offline Starwinder

• Master Force User
  • I don't like sand...
Re: Luke V2 modification in progress
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 06:26:32 AM »
No way this started out as a SF Prodigal hilt - it looks fantastic!  The weathering is spot-on.  Congrats!

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
Re: Luke V2 modification in progress - FINISHED!
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 06:54:11 AM »
Thanks! Starting with an inexpensive hilt that I saw potential in and had the essentials that were important to me - proper thin neck and being able to hold a 1" blade - was a great way for me to learn as I went along and have something I'm very happy with at the end of it (and the only way that was affordable for me, too) :)

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 07:18:54 AM »
Thanks! Starting with an inexpensive hilt that I saw potential in and had the essentials that were important to me - proper thin neck and being able to hold a 1" blade - was a great way for me to learn as I went along and have something I'm very happy with at the end of it (and the only way that was affordable for me, too) :)

This is way inspiring! And you should be proud of the fantastic work you achieved. I can't wait to see what you planned on next!

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 09:06:50 AM »
Cheers! It's appreciated that it's appreciated and that and just getting it finished does give me confidence to do more ambitious stuff in future :)

I want to do a Vader Ep VI with string blade to go with it and also a personal custom from scratch - something quite Old Republicky with a bit of brass and leather - I was really blown away by the design/aesthetic of the Kestrel hilt from Bazsaj/Ro-sabers a while ago, so would like to have something original but with a bit of the nice feel/look of that hilt - this one: Kestrel - TOR inspired lightsaber from Ro-lightsabers

Offline scohrdarkshadow

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Luke V2 CF-LS modification in progress - FINISHED!
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 04:25:53 PM »
Wow really awesome! That's a dream saber. After shortening the center blade holder piece does the blade stay in very well for dueling?

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
Re: Luke V2 CF-LS modification in progress - FINISHED!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »
Wow really awesome! That's a dream saber. After shortening the center blade holder piece does the blade stay in very well for dueling?

I've not done any dueling, but it still feels (perhaps surprisingly given the shallow blade depth) very solid. I've not done any dueling, but I've given the doorframes and wooden furniture in my flat some hefty whacks and would be confident to do light to moderate dueling with it ;)

retrousse