fiduciary

Author Topic: Any Difference?  (Read 5225 times)

Offline LordSlapnutz

• No Force
  • I am a Slapnut, like my father before me...
Any Difference?
« on: April 16, 2006, 07:48:32 PM »
Are there any differences between the one you buy whole and the two separate blades?  If you get the full length one, do you still get the battle damage parts for the two sabers when they are separated?  xxx, can you even separate the full length one?

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
Re: Any Difference?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 08:08:08 PM »
The full length still comes in two separate boxes, and yes, they both have the battle damaged end caps.  ;)

You also have the coupler that joins the two together and an allen wrench to adjust it so that both halves line up. Trust me, they thought of everything.  8)

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline cw

• Force User
  • I see you have constructed a new lightsaber....
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 08:15:09 PM »
The double version comes in a wider box that holds 2 sabers and is cheaper. This version will
not be available at stores like Best Buy from what I've heard. The only advantage to buying 2
singles instead of the double-wide would be that you get an extra coupler and an extra allen key.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 08:16:11 PM »
Oh, my bad. I was under the impression that it still came in separate boxes.  :P

10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline cw

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 08:23:39 PM »
I notice that some of the sellers on ebay are selling 2 singles as the "double maul" since it is
what they recieving as a shipment first. I ordered from a store who has the double boxed version.
(so I was told). It doesn't really matter, I guess, but I think the double box will be a little more
unique since it won't be in regular stores. It also saved me a lot of money. Should have it tomorrow
or the next day I hope. Mail seems kind of slow. Thought I would have it last week. I'll let you know which
box(es) I get.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 08:29:19 PM »
Please do.  :)

And be sure to post a review too!  ;D

Offline cw

• Force User
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 08:36:04 PM »
I think I will start reviewing some of the sabers, since I almost have each one.
I hope you post pics and a review of your
converted Vader to Anakin AOTC. I'd really love to see that.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 08:46:17 PM »
Yoda is doing the conversion, here are some pics of the full saber I was going to buy, but decided to have him convert my extra Vader ESB instead since I had two of them :

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 08:56:35 PM »
i love it....nice job indeed
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »
He will be selling these in the store once he gets enough built up.  ;D ;)

I can't wait for mine to come in he is supposed to be shipping it out tomorrow...they come with a Luxeon 3 watt Royal Blue and use the stock MR blade. You can of course, order Tim's or Corbin's completed blade w/ their film.  8)

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 09:05:03 PM »
is there anything more powerful then a 3 watt?

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 09:13:08 PM »
Yes, there is a 5 watt Luxeon, but you can't use the MR sound board because it can only take 4 1/2 watts and you know that the Hasbro sound board certainly won't handle 5 watts either.  :-\

So that's why any 5 watt Luxeon saber won't have sound. Hyperdyne's sound board can take 7 watts+ so that would be the only way I can think of to have sound with it.

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 09:32:14 PM »
Yes, there is a 5 watt Luxeon, but you can't use the MR sound board because it can only take 4 1/2 watts and you know that the Hasbro sound board certainly won't handle 5 watts either.  :-\

So that's why any 5 watt Luxeon saber won't have sound. Hyperdyne's sound board can take 7 watts+ so that would be the only way I can think of to have sound with it.

so if its more watts....is it more brighter?

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 09:37:06 PM »
Yep.

Offline Jin Ke

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 09:44:44 PM »
I have a green 5-wat lux it's pretty bright and runs on a 9-volt.  Heres a pic.  They say that the green 5 puts out twice the amount of light than the 3.  I'm pretty sure the difference in blue is also pretty drastic.

retrousse