fiduciary

Author Topic: The 007 is here! The Negotiator at it's best!  (Read 37233 times)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
The 007 is here! The Negotiator at it's best!
« on: June 23, 2008, 09:37:35 PM »
Click Banner  ;D

"FROM DAGOBAH, WITH LOVE"

SPECIAL THANKS TO DARTH TYRANUS FOR HIS CREATIVELY ENTERTAINING JAMES BOND BANNER!

Back in May of 1999, one of the BIGGEST events in not only Star Wars history, but in the world of cinema was sprung to life! Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menance was here. It was the next step in Science Fiction and in Movie Special Effects. But that was the furthest from my mind. For Over 2 hours, my brother, his girlfriend, my girlfriend (at the time) and myself were all geared for the "younger" version of Star Wars, "before the Empire, before the Dark Times." Yes, we would get to see the young Vader, but I was more interested in seeing Obi-Wan Kenobi during his "Hay Days", when he was the great Jedi Knight that we all grew to love. Then came the opening sequence against the The Trade Federation Battle Droids! DEFLECTION! SLICE ! CHOP! SLICE! DEFLECT! DEFLECT! STAB! No more Battle Droids! I was so blown away by this. I saw the marvel of the Jedi in their prime! Then, near the end of the movie, the ultimate showdown! Darth Maul and his double-bladed lightsaber against two powerful Jedi! I always thought that Luke VS Vader in Cloud City was awesome, but having Nick Gillard and Ray Park on board with a very atheltic Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson, (Who used to box) well we had a quality fight! (Not taking anything away from Mark Hamill and Bob Anderson however ;)) And when Obi-Wan gets kicked by Maul,  Obi-Wan flips and flips his saber and catches it. I was like, "WOW, MAN! I gotta get me on of these!" I have always been a fan of both Qui-Gon's and Obi-Wan's in TPM. Maul's was just kinda boring. Obi-Wan's was like a Broadsword Hilt and Qui-Gon's like a Katana Hilt. But enough of the movie and my favorite time in history.......

THE FX-SABERS NEGOTIATOR 007 WITH A 5W LUXEON AND S.T.E.V.E. V 1.1 USB

PACKAGING AND COMMUNICATION

WOW, all I can say is WOW. Talk about FANTASTIC packaging. Master Yoda puts as such pride and care into his packaging as he does his work! This package had a section for everything I ordered. And the bubble wrap and that "whacky, tacky" styrofoam noodles to keep it protected. Also, the amount of packing tape. It was so well sealed, it could probably keep water from coming in to it! I really don't believe our goofy Customs Agents even bothered to get involved in opening this one. THANK GOODNESS THEY DIDN'T! But that's another story. ;) Master Yoda is also very easy to communicate with and gets all the answers you would need. And more! I couldn't ask for anymore!

5/5

BLADE AND LIGHT TECHNOLOGY

Well, for the first time in the Negotiator's history, we have the 5W Luxeon Version! And it is REALLY Bright! On camera, the blade looks half white core and half blue. In real life it is a light blue all the way up and down. It's hard to describe, but it is very light like the Obi-Wan ROTS. Twirling is not the best, (Due to Hilt weight) unless using the Heavy Grade Ultra. I did both Spin and Bright Tests with 5 different blade types. For Spins, the Heavy-Grade Ultra. The Brightness Test, the Do-Clo edges out the Ultra. I found too, that the clash is really sensitive, like a brush of the hand. But I will elaborate on this more in the HILT portion of the review.

Down below are the specific blades in order of testing. They are as follows.....Standard Master Replicas, Corbin, Do-Clo, Ultra Mid-Grade and Ultra Heavy-Grade Blades:

5/5

HILT

The Grand Daddy of Stunt Hilts, the best FX-Sabers hilt to duel with.........The NEGOTIATOR. Most of you must think I am nuts, as they Graflexes are the best of the FX-Sabers Hilts. And they are. But the Negotiator handles much better as there is no control boxes. Think of it this way. The Graflex is a Cadillac and the Negotiator is a Corvette. Both are pricey, both are fast and both are sweet vehicles. But the Graflex sacrifices hand comfort and size to the streamlined size and sensitivity. If there is a Graflex club, then there is a Negotiator association! But enough of me comparing those Hilts as they are both different classes and both are awesome! Now, on to the Negotiator. This is one really narrow Hilt. It is approximately 1/8" smaller than the MR Yoda and is about as long as the Qui-Gon CE. It reminds me of my practical Katana Hilt. Long and narrow. Great for wielding and comfortable to grip. The Blade Length Adjustor and the Activator do not interfere with any hand movement what so ever. The Pommel is nice and thick, creating a slip-stop for those of us who use this thing for hours on end and gets sweating hands. The hilt is also so detailed, it looks just like the prop! So finely detailed, it can only be explained in the pictues below! The speaker is the hidden version and even though it is not as loud as the Luke ROTJ or Yoda, it is very loud and clear for a S.T.E.V.E. The V 1.1 has one less swing sound, but it is sensitive in the Negotiator. This is due to the narrow Hilt size. I mean you just have to tap the blade and it registers a clash. (A video is of Clash Demo to follow) The speaker is located inside the the middle of the Hilt and to this day, I still cannot see where the sound is eminating from. My favorite aspect of the 007 is that is it is on par with with SEs. ;) I have it in with my LE collection. Aside from the blade opening, it could be mistaken for an LE. ;D Very well done, Master Yoda! Now comes the part of the Review I really do not want to state. But this is a Protoype as it is in the testing phase of the newer Hilt. There not many S.T.E.V.E.s out there at the moment and this is not a common problem with the Negotiator. The MR board does not really have this issue as, even though on a momentary button, as the MR doesn't have a menu. The S.T.E.V.E. has the menu feature and because of the "true" activator button is located at the bottom of the speaker. So, when I am twirlling it or doing katas with it, it has a tendancy to go the "Welcome to the Main Menu..." What I am doing to alleviate this concern is trying to adjust my grip from a "Katana Grip" to a "Jedi Grip" ;) But so comfortable! ;D

4.5/5

SOUND

Well, those who have read my review of the Do-Clo Imperial Knight, know I love the Hilt to death, but the S.T.E.V.E. V 1 was just horrible in there! With the combo of the 007 and the S.T.E.V.E. V 1.1 is beyond sweet! The clash reacts very well and the swing is just a touch too fast but it works. The nice thing is that the clash is so sensitive that the clash overrides the swing. The ignition is the Classic ROTJ / ROTS Saber sounds and if held properly, you can perform the Dooku Technique of "Twice the pride, double the fall" ! ;D The sounds come out nicely and the tight fit of the S.T.E.V.E. in the Negotiator makes this the best reacting USB that I know of.

5/5

OVERALL SCORE: 19.5/20 (98%)

OVERALL FUN VALUE:
 :D :D :D :D :D

OVERALL OPINION:

THIS IS A MUST for any collector! I could sell my whole collection and stil have this one. It is truly a Masterpiece and can be used for hours of fun! In my opinion, it is perfect and it is one of my favorite pieces in my collection, along with my MR Jack Sparrow Cutlass LE and My Luke ROTJ V2 LE! Get one if you can! 8)

Thank you folks!
HAN SOLO

BTW, I couldn't get the vid done today, but it will be done in the next few days! Thanks for your patience! :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 11:58:59 AM by HAN SOLO »

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Re: "Coming soon to a monitor near you!"
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:38:54 PM »
Hahaha! So the "Bond" has arrived... ;)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:06:08 PM »
now that's a theme song I want to hear... bond and star wars mixed :D

Will you be doing this review in a tuxedo with martini  ;)

Offline HAN SOLO

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 10:10:47 PM »
now that's a theme song I want to hear... bond and star wars mixed :D

Will you be doing this review in a tuxedo with martini  ;)

I never thought of the Tux. Interesting......

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 10:59:37 PM »
Ahem, for some reasion the poll wont let me pick an option and I want opion 4. :P

*goes to read the post now*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:04:10 PM by Alias »

Offline H@rry89

• Experienced Force User
  • Who's More Foolish...
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:27:17 PM »
Ooooooo Purdy..

Very nice Han, Can't wait to see the review :D

Offline HAN SOLO

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:02:01 AM »
Its a yoda obi isent it....

Sence I couldent post a coment on teh video I put it here muahahaha

Blue blade, eh? :D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 12:04:32 AM by HAN SOLO »

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 12:38:31 PM »
Old dog, we're ready for your review, b-r-i-n-g i-t o-n!  :o

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 04:06:55 PM »
More more.  Is that a CF I hear???

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 04:21:40 PM »
We WANT MORE, We WANT MORE ahahah  ;D

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 04:24:53 PM »

Well I am actually going through withdrawal as my graflex STEVE is out of commission, my custom is on its way back from ace for final assembly, and the worst part is my vintage sterling with vintage scope and counter is STILL sitting on my workbench.  :'(  Summer is just not the time for me and hobbies.

I am living my life precariously through your reviews my friend.  :D

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »

Well I am actually going through withdrawal as my graflex STEVE is out of commission, my custom is on its way back from ace for final assembly, and the worst part is my vintage sterling with vintage scope and counter is STILL sitting on my workbench.  :'(  Summer is just not the time for me and hobbies.

I am living my life precariously through your reviews my friend.  :D

heheh  :D, well that's what I'm doing most of my time, reading other people's reviews, I just wish there were more. Lately I have been reading about these amazing 1:1 Sideshow busts, the Yoda looks exactly like ESB Yoda used to. During summer I got my hands full when the baby arrives within 2-3 weeks  ;D

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 04:46:52 PM »
Cool keep us posted on the baby news.  A bit off topic but I just picked up an Ebay collector's set of over 210 pieces of 3 3/4" figures, over 30 of the 12" figures, about 8 superdeformed figures that talk and just got the POTF falcon, AT-ST, Tie fighter.  This is to be my son's set when he turns around 5-ish which will be the christmas he has after seeing ANH.  The collector's will all cry and and suddenly be silenced when he tears into those cards and starts playing with them all.  :D  But that is what they are for and play we will.  I mean he will.  :D :D :D

Up next on the list is AT-AT, X-wing dagobah version, land speeder, Vader Tie fighter, Jabba, and Ewok AT-ST set.  I only have about 10 fiures I am missing that I want him to have.  Then his set will be complete.  Oh and most likely will get the Tydirium shuttle.

Can't wait to see your review.  And don't forget to spoil the kiddies.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:19:27 PM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 06:50:32 PM »
 :D :D
I cried(I'm no sissy) I just know what's on the other end of that hilt lol :D :D

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »
More more.  Is that a CF I hear???

I think that's definitely an Ultra sound board.  I know a STEVE when I hear one.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:45:51 PM by Jedimoves »

retrousse