fiduciary

Author Topic: Graflex: The Real Lightsaber  (Read 131511 times)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Re: Graflex: The Real Lightsaber
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 10:08:02 AM »
Hmm... i don't get it. how do these graphlex things help or enhance a lightsaber? are there differences in the lighting system in the blade if the graphlex things were removed? so in short, the graphlex is the 7 little beady things?

The first post explains it better than I can with pics included.

The graflex as seen in the opening post is the entire hilt.  Graflex is simply the name of the company that made the flash tube.  It makes no difference in electronics at all.  Only Yoda can make a huge difference with a graflex.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:11:28 AM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline jay dee

• Force User
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 10:51:11 AM »
Necro post FTW!
Hello... meatbags.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 01:00:04 PM »
Firedrops, meet graflex, ......Graflex, meet Firedrops.

I'll leave this here so you two can get acquainted.

Offline DevilGuy

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 03:17:39 PM »
Hmm... i don't get it. how do these graphlex things help or enhance a lightsaber? are there differences in the lighting system in the blade if the graphlex things were removed? so in short, the graphlex is the 7 little beady things?
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc85/Elmo_the_Emo_Emperor/housefacepalm.jpg

when words cannot describe the fail, there is always facepalm...

Offline Firedrops

• Force User
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 12:14:49 AM »

The first post explains it better than I can with pics included.

The graflex as seen in the opening post is the entire hilt.  Graflex is simply the name of the company that made the flash tube.  It makes no difference in electronics at all.  Only Yoda can make a huge difference with a graflex.  ;D

oooh so the whole hilt is made by this company called graflex and therefore we call the hilt graflex? oh and, what did yoda do with the graflex?
credits to Paul Lanski(for making these models)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 04:02:57 AM »
oooh so the whole hilt is made by this company called graflex and therefore we call the hilt graflex? oh and, what did yoda do with the graflex?

I don't think this really needs an answer.  Please attempt a search and I am convinced you will find what you are looking for.   ;)   The word you are seeking is most obviously "graflex".

We are happy to help out when you can't find the answers yourself.

Offline Firedrops

• Force User
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 06:04:03 AM »
yes i tried searching, but i just see loads of posts with people mentioning their graflex sabers and stuff, not informative threads, i read the things on fxsaber and this thread, but i seriously don't get it. are all the saber hilts called "graflex"s? or are there just certain types which are graflex, and the rest aren't? to make this easier why not someone just show me a drawn diagram or picture of a cross section of a lightsaber and point to the graflex?
sorry for being a noob :-\

Offline Watto

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 06:19:09 AM »
The other guys said it well so I really don't know how else to explain it.  The Graflex is the flash gun body itself - ie the entire metal 3-cell pipe which is made up of the top section, the bottom section and the clamp (also commonly referred to as the hilt of the lightsaber the main body).  It's called a Graflex because thats the company that used to make them.  I suggest you read over the start of this thread through all the posts again.   ;) 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:41:46 AM by Watto »

Offline Wolfen

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 10:42:56 AM »

to make this easier why not someone just show me a drawn diagram or picture of a cross section of a lightsaber and point to the graflex?
sorry for being a noob :-\

Firedrops, meet graflex, ......Graflex, meet Firedrops.

I'll leave this here so you two can get acquainted.

Someone did.  Only 4 posts above the post where you asked the question again after you replied to me that you understood my explanation.  ???

We can't be any more clearer.  The "HILT" like you said two posts up is made by the "GRAFLEX COMPANY".  You even answered this question in your previous post.  I'm at a loss.

We all start our as noobs and we are patient with that as we were once noobs too.  But you have to start sometime.  IF you RE-read the first post in this thread it will tell you all you need.  If you go to the main page on the forum and scroll down you will see the graflex section.  They posts by Yoda will explain what he has done with an empty graflex shell.  IF you read my post in the member build sections you will also see what can be done as with the many other builds in that section.

We're happy to help you out and answer your questions if they are not readily available on the site.  ;)

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 11:49:53 AM »
Go take a look at the newly established Fx-Sabers Graflex Armory on the main page.  There's a very informative section there regarding the Graflex, including its history.

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
  • Que nunca muera el niƱo que llevamos adentro...
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 09:21:31 PM »
Hi Firedrops  :D

There was once a film director so-called George lucas that did a movie so-called star wars.  ;D
The principal heroes of the movies are cabelleros knight jedi, his weapon particular are the lightsabers. ;D
Our friend George and company wondered:' who can we do the lightsaber for the movie? '  :o
then someone happened to extract of the camera called graflex the part of the flash called "Graflex flash gun 3 cell"
and to add him certain adornments/details to make it look like something different. :D

In the fantasy SW the lightsaber type remained established graflex, with a number of patent as it shows it in the begin of
the post.

At present replicas of this one sell to themselves 3cell flash gun so that fanatics as we could recreate the old lightsaber
created for the movie. If you are lucky you will find in Ebay some Graflex 3cell called 'vintage' that they are not replicas
of flashgun, they are flashes of 60 years old as that George used for the first time. ;)

At present the fans we equip the graflex with electronics to be able to recreate the sound and the light of the lightsaber,
the master of this art is our dear Master Yoda, Administrator of the fxsabers.

You do not worry, I was late more than you in understanding all this hahahaha ... my language is Spanish...  ;D

Gaby!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:32:49 PM by Gabywan »

Offline Firedrops

• Force User
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 10:37:57 PM »
Ok thank you everyone i geddit now  :D

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 10:41:20 PM »
There was once a film director so-called George lucas that did a movie so-called star wars.  ;D
ROFL!!  :D :D ;D
Great job, Gaby!
*sings* "Let's start at the very beginning..." :D

Offline PelPix

• Force User
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 05:34:12 PM »
Keep your eyes peeled for graflex-specific services I may be offering in the near future.
Aleha Bardak, Jedi Padawan

retrousse