fiduciary

Author Topic: alliance saber discusion thread  (Read 17235 times)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
alliance saber discusion thread
« on: April 08, 2010, 12:04:51 AM »
let's keep the order thread clean
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 08:08:43 PM by JANGO FETT »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
Re: alliance saber discusion thread
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:08:46 PM »
Actually Jango moved it to the Lightsaber section and stickied it. So no real need for bumping I guess :)

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 12:14:14 PM »
If you think about... it can be done up REALLY Sithy like too :)

Sort of like the concept sabers from the Making of the Force Unleashed book.... Red crystal... Red LED.... Power, Evil, or Control, Hate in Aurebesh on the Bling strip :)

And yes... I'm referring to the Sith heads who don't like the Light side of the force  :P

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »
I'm an equal opportunity force user  :D

I plan on going with red switch for sure....debating on whether red crystal/led or purple instead.

I really do hope we get a good amount on the run of these. Come on people don't pass up on this wicked design!

Offline Vos Malek

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 01:49:47 PM »
Why have not more people signed up for these?  This is going to be one awesome saber! 
BTW I'm definately going purple with mine.   ;D

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »
Well I'm just guessing but with the recent news that Erv is soldering up another run of CF some other folks like me with limited saber budgets may be waiting to see if they can get any 'Toast' before committing to a run like this, even though it's a great design and we all admire Ace's work. I bet that once the CFv5 is released and sells out and folks know if/how many they got that there might be a sudden influx of orders on this run.  ;)
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 06:03:51 PM »
Oh, please don't wait for Erv's toast!  As much I love CFs (thank you E, for showing me what I've been missing) I urge people to not wait to sign up.  This is an interest thread so that we know how many people would want them in the first place.  It would be a shame to have to raise the estimated price, or worse, scrap the project all together just because no one wants to come to the party!

:'( :'( :'(

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Scars Unseen

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 07:13:27 PM »
Perhaps an email notification to all the members would help?  As I recall, votes for the contest also trickled in slowly. 

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »
Oh, please don't wait for Erv's toast!  As much I love CFs (thank you E, for showing me what I've been missing) I urge people to not wait to sign up.  This is an interest thread so that we know how many people would want them in the first place.  It would be a shame to have to raise the estimated price, or worse, scrap the project all together just because no one wants to come to the party!

:'( :'( :'(

*patpats*

Perhaps the smiths here who are availing of it could mention it and promote it on their websites or something? That'll help get the word around.

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 08:02:16 PM »
I concur... getting on this run is more certain than obtaining a CF in the CF lottery (even if there will be more available).

As we all know... getting one of Acerocket's work is a rarity, and to jump in on this, while you can...AND secure a spot...

Well... I'd encourage you to get it while it's here and available :)

Offline Fellstrike

• Force User
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 08:38:25 PM »
I know as a new collector I'm super excited for this run. Especially, since I know that I'll get a chance for a CF later. (I do need to at least find a US for this beauty though.)
Pretend that something witty is here.

Offline Scars Unseen

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 09:27:52 PM »
I'm fortunate enough that I still have the CF I got in the last run.  Now I just need to get a power extender and a multi-die LED for clash flash

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »
Thanks Jango, for setting this sticky to keep the interest thread clean for the order list :)

As for those that are new here to the forum and are looking at getting a non-SW canon saber... and one that WILL be of astonishing quality... this would be one to jump on.

Look at Acerocket's gallery of work (K3GR1, Obi TPM... and the Pommels...the Yun....Killer Penny come to mind...), and you know the craftsmanship and execution on the design will be in a league of it's own.  ;D

PLUS... there are a bunch of places for customization... the crystal chassis, the AV switch color, your choice of color for the main LED, the Bling Strip, the powder coating, a different wrapping if you choose....

Offline Orakaa

• Master Force User
  • I'll send you in hades... with a taste of paradise
    • Orakaa - photography and computer graphics
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 12:39:07 AM »
So... just to be sure I understand : this is opened to ANY forum member ?

I missed the K3GR1 (gosh !!!) because, until today, I thought it was ONLY for "official Fx-sabers sabersmiths" (such as Do-Clo, Gemini Concept, etc.)

Orakaa - photographer, photoshop expert and graphic designer

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 01:36:10 AM »
Yes...  to my knowledge... this is open to ANY Forum member (unlike the K3GR contest)... that being the case... here's your chance to get in on an Acerocket run!!!

retrousse