fiduciary

Author Topic: The Good News Cafe  (Read 118849 times)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: The Good News Cafe
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 06:03:55 PM »
 :D :D

Got my doctors report today telling me I'm a good to go for my age lol :D :D

Offline Ryus

• Force User
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 06:53:59 PM »
My fiancee and I bought a house and just moved in, and I have a spare room to make into a man cave, complete with entertainment center and transformers/lightsabers lining the walls :D

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 07:31:31 PM »
One of my friends gave me a happy rock, and if you'd seen my vent earlier this summer, you would know that my summer hasnt been going well at all. But ever since I got this happy rock, everyhtign is going good for me! I got into full-time PSEO (which is college in high school) at Century college, so I will have a full eyar of college payed for by my school, I am getting better with dealing with my stomach issues, and I am getting less and less depressed. Yay happy rock!!!

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 08:36:50 PM »
Some may not see this as good news but I do. I have been waiting for a Doctor who I have been trying to get in contact with to call me for months now. He is a world famous orthopedic doctor! He called me at 5:00 pm today! He is famous for a special amputation procedure that his Grandfather founded and his entire family is now Ortho Doctors that specialize in this. It is called The Ertl Procedure. We talked for about 45 minutes. I explained to him what my current Doctor wants to do. He said for the activity level I want I will not be able to get with the sugery my doc. wants to do. He said I'll get more surgeries from having to do revisions down the line. He told me that his is not in this to just go around haking off limbs. He takes special cases and evaluates and investigates them before excepting anyone for an amputation. He said if he thought there was any way to give me back the life (or close to) that I once had without the amputation he would recommend that but, there is not. Unless I am willing to let the doc's experiment.  :o  Um, NO!
So, I am glad that I finally have a real answer and I think I am going for it. Funny thing happened at church too. We sectioned off into groops last week on Wed. to pray for our Nation and our schools! :)  After we were done the lady that was holding my hand during prayer was new there.
She told me that she works for the local prosthetic clinic. What are the chances of that! We talked for a bit. then this Wed. Dr. Ertl calls me 1 hour before we are going to church (had to go early to work in the nursery)!
I know to y'all an amputation my not seem like a good thing but you have never had a leg like mine. If ya want to see the pics at the hospital and at home of my leg to get a better idea of what I am dealing with just send me a PM. Warning, some of it may be hard for some people to handle so, if you gross out easy do not PM me. This is rated R and you will need your parents permission! :D
                                                                                ;D :) ;D :) ;D :)    God is great!
     ;D :) ;D :) ;D :)
Had to modify so that I could add this! 
I just checked my email and someone just emailed me from a forum for amputees about  something I posted 4 months ago. She was asking if I got the amputation and if I could share information with her.
Amazing! Tell me that ain't God! This is a crazy awesome day!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:22:16 PM by Amptrooper »

Offline GMLumpy

• Master Pastor
  • Experienced Force User
  • Christian Jedi
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 09:37:50 PM »
Some may not see this as good news but I do. I have been waiting for a Doctor who I have been trying to get in contact with to call me for months now. He is a world famous orthopedic doctor! He called me at 5:00 pm today! He is famous for a special amputation procedure that his Grandfather founded and his entire family is now Ortho Doctors that specialize in this. It is called The Ertl Procedure. We talked for about 45 minutes. I explained to him what my current Doctor wants to do. He said for the activity level I want I will not be able to get with the sugery my doc. wants to do. He said I'll get more surgeries from having to do revisions down the line. He told me that his is not in this to just go around haking off limbs. He takes special cases and evaluates and investigates them before excepting anyone for an amputation. He said if he thought there was any way to give me back the life (or close to) that I once had without the amputation he would recommend that but, there is not. Unless I am willing to let the doc's experiment.  :o  Um, NO!
So, I am glad that I finally have a real answer and I think I am going for it. Funny thing happened at church too. We sectioned off into groops last week on Wed. to pray for our Nation and our schools! :)  After we were done the lady that was holding my hand during prayer was new there.
She told me that she works for the local prosthetic clinic. What are the chances of that! We talked for a bit. then this Wed. Dr. Ertl calls me 1 hour before we are going to church (had to go early to work in the nursery)!
I know to y'all an amputation my not seem like a good thing but you have never had a leg like mine. If ya want to see the pics at the hospital and at home of my leg to get a better idea of what I am dealing with just send me a PM. Warning, some of it may be hard for some people to handle so, if you gross out easy do not PM me. This is rated R and you will need your parents permission! :D
                                                                                ;D :) ;D :) ;D :)    God is great!
     ;D :) ;D :) ;D :)
Had to modify so that I could add this! 
I just checked my email and someone just emailed me from a forum for amputees about  something I posted 4 months ago. She was asking if I got the amputation and if I could share information with her.
Amazing! Tell me that ain't God! This is a crazy awesome day!

God works in mysterious ways! it is cool so see that He is working  and that you are starting to see His plan.  that's really awesome.
May the Lord of the force be with you.

Being a Game Master means all your rolls are natural 20's

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 04:15:54 AM »
Amen to that brother...

God is good..... thanks for sharing Amp (and others of course :))

Offline Darth Tenuous

• Padawan Learner
  • Everything is mine! It's just a question of when!
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 06:27:48 AM »
new processes for my job, kids healthy and my mom agreeing to buy me a vaders vault "emperors hand" purple saber once allaerra and co get settled after their move. Amp. I am really glad that you are finally getting towards your goal of rehabilitation. I can't imagine how hard it must have been and I take my hat off to you. anything to soothe the mind from past tribulations must be a welcome relief. Happy for ya bro!
If a tree falls down in the forest and there is no-one around to hear it, do the other trees point and laugh?

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 10:51:29 AM »
I just got off the phone a while ago with Dr. Ertl (a world famous Dr.) He said that he believes that an amputation would be the best thing for me to get back to the life I once knew. I am now scheduled for an amputation this month. It will go like this, Sept. 23 My birtchday(on the road to go to Indiana form GA), Sept 24th we will meet Dr. Ertl and talk. Sept 25th they hack my leg off!  ;D
Now that there is a DATE set I am excited that this will be a new chapter rather then the continuation of one however, I am very nervous !  :-\
I am moving full swing now to get the Amptrooper built. You can follow the progress and read the story here: http://www.myspace.com/tsalagicorey I have also been approved for Vocational Rehabilitation. They told me that they will pay for any college degree I want. I have chosen to to get my degree in Prosthetic and Orthotic's for children.

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 11:52:50 AM »
Awesome news, my friend...

Glad to see you still "praising" and "rejoicing" through all of this. Very inspirational indeed. :)

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 12:00:39 PM »
Thats some great news, Amp. I could definitely understand being nervous. I've had a few surgeries, but obviously nothing like this that made me all types of nervous. I'm glad that you will be able to get back to a normal capacity you've been wanting for some time and don't have to fight with your leg anymore. Best of luck to you with your surgery and recovery back to where you want to go.

I also think its amazing your desire to help kids in your position to help them on a volunteer type basis and now taking it another step further going for a degree in the same field. Very admirable my friend. I work for healthcare here in St. Louis and one of my hospitals I support is St Louis Childrens. The things I see there all the time are amazing what people do to help the kids and can take a lot out of you at the same time seeing the position the kids are in. People don't come along that often with your attitude toward things and the spirit that drives you.

DG

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 12:56:03 PM »
nobody got shot.

the police raided a house on our street with guns drawn.  my kids were out playing and they watched it go down from 50 feet away. they surrounded this place, took the door out with a battering ram, sent a viscous dog inside to flush the guy out, then threw down on him and surrounded him with about 8 guns in his face.  I have no idea what they wanted him for. but this is a nice residential neighborhood with kids playing on manicured lawns.. its not the inner city.  I'm a little upset the police had no respect for the neighborhood. the good news is..    nobody got shot. :-\
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 01:13:14 PM »
That is a pretty scary story Wedge. I'm glad nobody was hurt.

Great news Amp! As Yar Nala said, you are very inspirational.

Offline Darth Tenuous

• Padawan Learner
  • Everything is mine! It's just a question of when!
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 05:55:29 PM »
scary wedge, not knowing how the police do things in the states, I can only assume that to warrant an armed arrest, the guy must be wanted for something pretty serious. last time the police drew weapons over here, a brazilian electrician was shot for looking vaguely like a terrorist. anyway back to topic, both my kids won first prize in the kids fancy dress at our local pub, dressed as Nac Mac Feegles (google author Terry Pratchett for more details) Couldn't be prouder. Just wait till Halloween when my 2 year old goes out as Yoda, my wife as Assajj Ventress, Me as Anakin and my 1 year old as a baby Hutt-ling!
If a tree falls down in the forest and there is no-one around to hear it, do the other trees point and laugh?

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
    • Imperial Royal Arms
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 05:14:03 AM »
My good news is three fold!
First we went to church yesterday and there was a puppy there. It was an American Bulldog. Very kind and loving and tired. He just wanted to be around people. After church I sat on the steps and asked everyone who walked out to help him. We could not take him home because of our dogs and our finances. Someone finally agreed to help this little guy out. He got to spend last night inside with food, water and people. He is going to the vet today to get check out and also to see if he has a chip. I am glade some one took him. He was a cool dog!
Second, the same guy that took the dog gave us a gift card for $300 for food. He said it was from the church. That everyone pitched in to help.
I about cried! It was very much needed. God is good!
And that leads me to the third good news! God is still on the throne and he still Loves us more then we could imagine! That's the best news!

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 05:40:49 AM »
As I said before, my friend...

Keep the faith.... HE is faithful....

You're in our prayers.... as I'm sure you're on many people's prayer lists.... Glad to see God's church actually being His hands and feet..... His work in action through His believers....   :)

retrousse