fiduciary

Author Topic: Most funny, and not so funny to me story of how I got an Anakin FX.  (Read 19094 times)

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
Re: Most funny, and not so funny to me story of how I got an Anakin FX.
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 08:50:07 AM »
Ya in the EU comics and stuff some have red sabers and nothing is ever said. But like all EU it isn't official right? But even the EU story strayed in this because jedi have never put a red crystal in there saber, I think if they redid the comics they wouldn't have red sabers. haha
"Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium."- Ki-Adi-Mundi

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 09:50:26 AM »
My understanding is that Adi Galia's lightsaber was crimson and not red. Pretty much the same thing, though. ;)

Anyhow that's a pretty funny story. When I first held the Mace ROTS at GameStop I had no idea how to turn it on... something that'd never happened to me with an FFX. Then this six year old looked at me and told me I had to push the gold button in the middle up.  :D
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 09:52:58 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA, a jedi being shown how to turn on a saber by a youngling padawan I just fell off my chair
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 09:56:01 AM »
Ya the official power battles site says crimson but still we all know it is just the fancy way of saying red. haha

Also hahaha I hope your chair isn't that tall Syfo haha. Yes it is a shame Aayla to be taught by a youngling. :-\ tsk tsk! haha

Offline registrau

• Experienced Force User
  • ...in a galaxy far, far away
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 10:15:28 AM »
Nice info.

I always wondered why the sith are so boring always using red sabers... poor people. I bet many Jedi didn't turn to the dark side just to be able to continue wielding different saber colors xDD

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 10:27:55 AM »
as far as the movies are concerned, the explanation is a lot more.. simple.
its all to do with the color of the laser bolts.

the laser bolts had to be red in the first films because it gave the best contrast and allowed the viewer to 'track' the shot on screen.
there was a concern that green or blue laser bolts would be lost against the background of each shot.
(thats why we only saw "green" laser bolts, in space, coming from the TIE fighters back in 1977.  in space, the background is always black.heh)
the decision was made early,   to make all the handgun lasers "Red".

----> in phantom menace george wanted the Jedis to "stand out" on screen -->  the color of the lightsaber is meant to contrast the "blaster-fire".
(so it "looks cool" when the shots are deflected)

^^ thats the (only?) reason that the Jedi swords were limited to green and blue.   heh.

-------------------------
-------------------------

which leads to an interesting trivia question :
Q: how many times do we see a 'Red' lightsaber deflecting blaster-fire in all six Star Wars movies combined?
A: zero.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 10:31:50 AM by Cobalt60 »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 10:35:41 AM »
But I still would've went a different way, Yellow. ;) I am currently writing the scripts for my fan-film trilogy and the main jedi colors are green, blue, and yellow in mine. I am basing mine on the KOTOR way that green means you study the force more, blue you study lightsaber techniques more, and yellow being balanced. It takes place 1,000 years after ROTJ. The council only consists of 3 wise elders and they all have different colors, one has blue, one has yellow, and one has green. But ya I notice when I make lightsaber effects the green stands out the best, it is the brightest and by far the best lightsaber effect I can make. I mean GL seem to perfect blue in ROTS better then the other colors.

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »
But I still would've went a different way, Yellow. ;) I am currently writing the scripts for my fan-film trilogy and the main jedi colors are green, blue, and yellow in mine. I am basing mine on the KOTOR way that green means you study the force more, blue you study lightsaber techniques more, and yellow being balanced. It takes place 1,000 years after ROTJ. The council only consists of 3 wise elders and they all have different colors, one has blue, one has yellow, and one has green. But ya I notice when I make lightsaber effects the green stands out the best, it is the brightest and by far the best lightsaber effect I can make. I mean GL seem to perfect blue in ROTS better then the other colors.

Your making a Fan Film trilogy, good luck ;)

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
  • They'll do their job. I guarantee that...
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 01:22:12 PM »
Hey guys, I just came back from Best Buy, and they had an Anakin on display. I think the one on display belongs to the only box left. I didnt check to see if it had one in it. I picked it up, and it was like a fingerprint massacre. Oh yeah, you know how I said i couldnt figure out how to turn Vader's on? Well, the Anakin still had the stickers on it. I was so mad...everyone was turning it on and off like crazy. I wasn't really concentrating on it though. I was actually looking for 007: Everything or Nothing...it's the best game ever. I wanted to buy it even though I already beat it.

- Custom Saber Shop Luxeon
-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 02:14:34 AM »
Ya if you want a good James Bond game I suggest N64's 007:Goldeneye. On nintendo.com it was in a poll which is the best james bond game and it won with like 64% and the runner up with like 15%. If you haven't played it I suggest if you get revolution to download it. Me and my dad still play it. ;)

Offline Darth Pantsless

• Master Force User
  • He's a scoundrel, you'd like him
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2006, 10:21:50 PM »
In the game Jedi Starfighter Adi Gallia had a blue LS. However none of these are completely canon.

There is one canon source of a Jedi with a red LS. 12 and a half minutes into Clone Wars part2 you see a jedi with a red saber. These are sourced as being 100% canon so there we have it.

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 12:28:10 AM »
Your making a Fan Film trilogy, good luck ;)

Thanks man. I plan on starting when snow melts and spring comes, if I am ready, I have to order saber props, make costumes, etc. I will make my first one and start my second one at the beginning of fall because I then have my next part in EP 2 in Hoth which will require winter and snow. Then by the time I get to my third, well I will be able to before this but still, I'll be able to drive, so me and my friends are going to drive down to drumheller, dunno if any of you have heard of it, and do some of it there for tatooine. Anyways I hope all of this is goes accordingly. But ya when I finish some, or 1, I have written the first movie to end in a way were if I don't make the next 2 it isn't a problem. I will show you guys them, I want to buy a nice HD Camera for 2,100 from best buy, but I have no money. So I will just use the camera I have now which is still pretty good, just not HD haha.

Offline Darth Pantsless

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 12:31:13 AM »
Aren't you only 15 Ki-Adi?

If so, I wish you luck. Well I do regardless

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 12:37:54 AM »
Ya I may be 15 but I love to make indy movies. I have been making short skits with my friends for over a year now. We mostly do comedies hahaha also we film alot of our skateboarding we do, except most of my friends quit skating so only a few now. I have figured out alot of ways to make star wars feats. I only have short videos of lightsaber effects. I actually want to try and work for Lucas Film. I mean I think I could do it, I want to do something with media though. I want to live in hollywood and either be a director, actor, editor, designer (not clothes haha but like the posters and stuff) or something.

Offline Darth Pantsless

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 12:45:34 AM »
Good luck.

It becomes hard to get the stuff you need when ur that young.

As for Lucasfilm, I'm not too sure what it's going to do with itself now that GL has indicated he is getting a little tired.

retrousse