fiduciary

Author Topic: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run  (Read 44500 times)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
Re: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2014, 07:38:30 PM »
Wow, talk about snail mail shipping.  It's only been two and a half weeks but those 'freebies' finally showed up today.   The remaining boxes are all packed and will be shipped tomorrow.

It's a Christmas Legacy!  ^-^

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2014, 07:42:21 PM »
Pride mostly, but my wrist seems to ike, 'click' when I turn it. Are you (he asks hopefully) a doctor by chance?

One simply doesn't 'wield' sheer awesomeness as if it were a pepperoni stick.  You need to build up by do 1000 push-ups every day for 10 years and then start punching trees until you can crack a might oak in a single blow.  Then, and only then, once you transform those wet noodles into bars of unobtanioum, will you body be worthy of such a weapon.

Offline Sith Emperor

• Padawan Learner
  • Let the hate flow through you!
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2014, 09:34:55 PM »
Well said!!!
Killer saber congrats to the lucky ones!

Offline Corbin_Das

• Force User
  • Keeper of the Killer Penny
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2014, 05:35:55 PM »
My wrist seems to like, 'click' when I turn it.

I'm wondering if the Legacy sabers need to come with a warning label.  ;) "WARNING! EXTREME AMOUNTS OF AWESOMENESS! PREPARE YOURSELF BEFORE USE!"   ^-^

UPDATE!  I just received my Legacy in the mail. I took a few pics of it next to the Killer Penny, for comparison:

The Legacy is on top and the Penny is under it.      You can see the Penny's core at the bottom of the pics.

Here you can see just how close the Legacy is to the original design. The attention to detail is striking.

Note: I put the Penny back in its original configuration for the pics. My current upgrade on the Penny has a "realistic" core.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:16:14 PM by Corbin_Das »

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2015, 06:03:11 PM »
Pretty amazing to see this. Also shows the amount of incredible work Corbin has done on his original Penny. Anyone else out there had there Legacys arrive yet? I would LOVE to see pictures, even if they are still in the box!
Here is a link on these forums to the current mods on mine in case some missed it.

Legacy Saber no 4
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:06:31 PM by basalter »

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2015, 05:09:28 AM »
Hello All,

Just a follow up on the stands for the Legacy lightsaber.

I received mine over the weekend (acutally, I received it about a week ago, but had been on vacation until now).

I'll take the final measurements and complete the stand this weekend.

It turns out that I was caught by surprise about how heavy this excellent piece of art is...  And a good thing too.  I'll make some slight changes to the stand to accomodate the extra weight and add extra supports to make the stand much more sturdy to reflect.

Truly, the pictures of this lightsaber do not do it justice.  You really have to see it in person, and hold it in your hand to realize how much of a piece of art this really is.  Simply stunning, and probably one of the most beautiful lightsabers ever made.

Thank you Wat and Corbin, and others who made this possible.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2015, 06:36:32 AM »
Pride mostly, but my wrist seems to ike, 'click' when I turn it. Are you (he asks hopefully) a doctor by chance?

One simply doesn't 'wield' sheer awesomeness as if it were a pepperoni stick.  You need to build up by do 1000 push-ups every day for 10 years and then start punching trees until you can crack a might oak in a single blow.  Then, and only then, once you transform those wet noodles into bars of unobtanioum, will you body be worthy of such a weapon.

As previous dialogue has suggested, I think most recipients, but for Corbin and Wat, will be MOST surprised at this masterpieces heft.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
Hello All,

I received mine over the weekend (acutally, I received it about a week ago, but had been on vacation until now).

It turns out that I was caught by surprise about how heavy this excellent piece of art is...  And a good thing too.  I'll make some slight changes to the stand to accomodate the extra weight and add extra supports to make the stand much more sturdy to reflect.

Truly, the pictures of this lightsaber do not do it justice.  You really have to see it in person, and hold it in your hand to realize how much of a piece of art this really is.  Simply stunning, and probably one of the most beautiful lightsabers ever made.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro

This is perfectly said. 

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2015, 07:10:28 PM »
Hello All,

Respectfully,
Sanjuro

How is this coming along Sanjuro?
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2016, 04:58:33 AM »
Well it has been about a year and a half since we received our hilts.  Has anyone actually completed theirs with an install yet?
Cant believe we have not seen one lit up yet.  Mine is still with my installer just waiting for the time.

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2016, 05:22:24 AM »
Hi Darth Smorgis,
Hope all is well, I sympathize that you are still waiting, and have indeed not even laid eyes on your hilt yet? I had mine finished, and put up some images on the eve of Episode 7, so obviously no one really saw them among all the hype going on on these forums. Will see if I can locate the pics. But yes, mine is all done, thanks to Mersenne.
Here is the post just before I sent it back to Mersenne to redo the tiny switches that I did not successfully wire...
 Legacy No 4 almost done
but cannot find my final post of completed saber.

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2016, 05:32:43 AM »
Hi Darth Smorgis,
Hope all is well, I sympathize that you are still waiting, and have indeed not even laid eyes on your hilt yet? I had mine finished, and put up some images on the eve of Episode 7, so obviously no one really saw them among all the hype going on on these forums. Will see if I can locate the pics. But yes, mine is all done, thanks to Mersenne.
Here is the post just before I sent it back to Mersenne to redo the tiny switches that I did not successfully wire...
 Legacy No 4 almost done
but cannot find my final post of completed saber.

Hmmm, yeah I saw that post a while ago but never saw the completed saber.
Perhaps it was not posted on this forum, I am not able to find it either.

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2016, 06:01:31 PM »
Cannot believe I did not post finished saber! More out of respect to Mersenne than anything. I even dragged out my old camera and guess what...no pictures! At the moment the saber is sitting with a machinist for reference to a new Penny/Legacy build that Corbin has kindly agreed to. Did not want to copy (some) of his work without permission. So as far as evidence, I guess I will need to drop by and get some shots. Good luck with your build Darth Smorgis, I hope it will be soon finished.

Offline Aginor

• Formerly known as Sidewinder
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2016, 07:26:11 PM »
I haven't even layed eyes on mine yet, still with my installer. Hopefully I'll get it soon

retrousse