fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke ANH dissasembly and conversion (PICTURE HEAVY)  (Read 41406 times)

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
Re: Luke ANH dissasembly and conversion (PICTURE HEAVY)
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2009, 09:00:03 AM »
These are durable enough when converted. A mid grad blade is a much better option than a heavy grade blade. I wouldn't guerilla duel, as it will most likely break the bladeholder.

The blade holder is plastic, and is the id is smaller than the TCSS blade. By sanding the end of a TCSS blade, or by very slightly honing out the bladeholder, you can get it to fit. I have a TCSS blade in mine right now, and I just sanded it down to fit. Takes about 45 minutes and some elbow grease. 80 grit at first, then move ot 180 for the final sanding.

Ultrablades are very bright and very even. The light grows slightly dimmer but the is no flare at the mirrored end.

TCSS blades are exceptionally cool IMO. they have a base flare, and they have a thin "core" that is reminiscent of OT sabers. The light is not as even, but it is a nice look. An MR boards will power A cyan lux III with no problem. you better order it soon, as they are discontinuing the Luxeon line in February.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2009, 11:59:42 AM »
Thank you Qui Gon for all the info that you have put here for us.  I really appreciate it.  Have you ever used the luxeon star heatsink from tcss in this conversion?  The awesome guy that pointed me this direction said that he uses those to convert.  Thank you again!

Edit:  Now I feel pretty stupid because I realize who you are ;)
I think I know that "awesome guy" from TCSS....;)

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2010, 04:15:21 AM »
Anyone got new pics sence the OPs account is inactive?

Offline emperor vader

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2014, 09:49:15 PM »
Can't get the stock blade holder off. I removed the pin. And checked for any screws but nothing. 
Anybody else have this problem?

Offline Fours

• No Force
  • Agent Fours here, what do you need me to loot?
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2016, 03:41:48 PM »
I just picked up one of these today. Going through this thread, most of the TCSS links are non-working, so I think I'm gonna need help if I'm to convert mine. Do I use the same blade holder as the ROTS Anakin on TCSS, or no?
US stunt PVC 06, Red Luxeon | SF warrior Fury, white 6w [selling] | MR ANH Vader, stock LEDs [selling] | MR ANH Luke, stock LEDs [selling] | US Obsidian v4 Renegade, Red w/ Orange Flash on Clash | US Obsidian v3 Dark Liberator, Orange [selling] | SF Champion Acolyte, violet 12w+ | MR RotS Anakin, stock LEDS [selling] | MR ESB Vader, stock LEDs [selling] | Heiland flashgun [help, please!] | Parks '05 Graflex kit [PLEASE HELP ME CONVERT THIS]

I'm the California South Bay Area's newest Buy/Sell/Trade merchant. Everything I own is from Craigslist and some are available for sale on one of the Facebook pages!

I'm so dumb, I accidentally brought Ultrasabers with the default soundfonts they stole from Novastar to his meetup.

Oops.

Offline cordaroyfog

• Master Force User
  • Just your friendly neighborhood Fog...
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2016, 04:34:00 PM »
No, there is no converstion kit or blade holder for this model, it has to be done custom.

Offline Fours

• No Force
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2016, 06:38:26 PM »
Well that's going to be difficult for me. Thanks for answering! What did Guskenobi use then for the blade holder?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:41:54 PM by Fours »
US stunt PVC 06, Red Luxeon | SF warrior Fury, white 6w [selling] | MR ANH Vader, stock LEDs [selling] | MR ANH Luke, stock LEDs [selling] | US Obsidian v4 Renegade, Red w/ Orange Flash on Clash | US Obsidian v3 Dark Liberator, Orange [selling] | SF Champion Acolyte, violet 12w+ | MR RotS Anakin, stock LEDS [selling] | MR ESB Vader, stock LEDs [selling] | Heiland flashgun [help, please!] | Parks '05 Graflex kit [PLEASE HELP ME CONVERT THIS]

I'm the California South Bay Area's newest Buy/Sell/Trade merchant. Everything I own is from Craigslist and some are available for sale on one of the Facebook pages!

I'm so dumb, I accidentally brought Ultrasabers with the default soundfonts they stole from Novastar to his meetup.

Oops.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2016, 08:40:45 AM »
Gus re-used the original plastic blade socket,  as I did in the pictures I posted in the topic. to convert one of these now,  I would try using one of these (once they are back in stock): http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Heatsink-module-for-1-ID-tubes-P1027.aspx

Along with any of the leds,  the lens and lens holder shown here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Cree-XP-E2-C136.aspx

You may still have to use the original blade as well,  I'm not sure if the blade stock TCSS sells would fit into the socket.

I also have a full set of pictures for a tutorial I never got around writing from the last time I converted one of these here: Master Replicas Luke ANH Conversion by Jason Hetherington | Photobucket
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:43:14 AM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline Fours

• No Force
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2016, 05:00:36 PM »
Thanks, Qui-Gon. I think I'll go with the royal blue LED for this project eventually. I don't want to open it up yet since I'm inexperienced and this thing is so nice to look at). Few questions about your conversion, though:

As for blade diameter, can you measure your saber's blade holder for the ID? I have read through the entire thread and saw that blades sold by the majority of sabersmiths (1 inch OD) won't fit through the faux clamp. I'm getting a few 1" colored blades soon and would hate for them to not fit into the saber.

How do I make the glass eye light up when I turn on the blade? Is there something underneath it that I can remove?

What is the length of the retention screw you used? I have several spare screws that came with my US sabers when I picked them up off Craigslist.

Would it be able to hold up if I decide to try dueling with the stock blade holder, or will the faux clamp break? Looks to me like it's just chromed plastic.

Oops.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Master Force User
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2016, 06:04:43 PM »
I no longer have the saber, I sold it years ago. I never did any dueling with it while I had it either, so I couldn't tell you how it'd hold up.

Offline Fours

• No Force
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2016, 06:28:57 PM »
Ah, that's fine with me, then. Hopefully someone will come by with some knowledge. I'll probably have some more luck on the TCSS boards if no one else does.

Oops.

Offline DumpsterJedi

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2016, 05:36:44 PM »
Hey, don't know if you'll be able to answer this, but do you remember how you did the wiring by chance? I'm in the middle of doing a conversion for the 2015 black series saber, and as far as I can tell it's the same saber. The wiring seems odd, and I can't quite figure it out. Thought I had it by just running a positive and negative to the led from the board where the led string was attached, but after a couple days the light went out, and it appears that the board will no longer power the led, but the led still works if attached to another power source.

retrousse