fiduciary

Author Topic: Graflex Luxeon question?  (Read 2501 times)

Offline RiseLordVader

• No Force
Graflex Luxeon question?
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:37:59 AM »
Hi!

I think of buying a Parks Graflex for my ANH Luxeon saber, but I wonder if both grips and thumbscrews for keeping the blade in the hilt are included?
Is there a cheaper/easier Graflex replica to convert into a Luxeon than Park's?

Also I don't know how you guys install your electronics in the Graflex so they won't jump around in the hilt?

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Re: Graflex Luxeon question?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:48:12 AM »
No  But TCSS now carries most if not all of the conversion parts you need.  IF they don't have everything I suggest Blast tech and the graflex shop.  You will need to go to the graflex shop for their small blader holder anyway.  TCSS has one buth the graflex shop one is better.

No

Either build your own chassis to hold everything in place or wait a few months till Yoda makes his chassis available for sale or send it to Yoda and have him do the complete conversion.

Refer to the threads in the graflex section on builds by members.  You should find all the info you need their as several of our members have already gone down this path.  ;)

When you get stuck though we are here to help.

Offline Keiran Halcyon

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 10:56:22 PM »
i got my ANH luke from King of Parts on ebay and it is really nice

Offline RiseLordVader

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 11:31:08 PM »
Looks great!

Did you buy a complete luxeon or?

What is installed in it? And how much?

Offline RiseLordVader

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 02:26:33 AM »
I've been looking on some threads with pictures of chassises, but since I'm no handyman I have no idea what a chassis is made of? Can you just buy the parts in a building market? Is the assembly easy?
I more and more start to feel that this project is way more complicated than my skills can handle.

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 02:48:02 PM »
Hey, I used aluminum tubing from the hobby shop and poker chips cut down to size for my chassis. Plus, you don't have to make some flashy hi-tech looking thing either. You just need something that fits inside the graflex and that you can mount your electronics to.

If you have a basic understanding of wiring electronics you should be fine.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Big Boss

• Formerly known as phophjoph
  • Master Force User
  • there is only room for one Snake and one Big Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 04:07:50 PM »
doesn't parks already  sell  graflexs with luxeon in it?

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."-The Boss

"Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath"-Michael Caine

Offline Keiran Halcyon

• Force User
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 04:47:25 PM »
Looks great!

Did you buy a complete luxeon or?

What is installed in it? And how much?
it came with a cheap 3/4 blade socket. and the grips already installed when i bought it. i got the Deluxe blade socket and cyan luxeon3 from Graflexshop. and saving up money for a Crystal force 4 sound board. and im make a Yoda style chassis

retrousse