fiduciary

Author Topic: Prizm v5.1 color mixing not working  (Read 583 times)

Offline Darth Canus

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Prizm v5.1 color mixing not working
« on: October 20, 2020, 06:22:51 AM »
This problem only seems to come up with the red die for my in-hilt RGB wired saber. Allow me to explain.

Anytime I combine G and B to produce colors between green and blue (arctic blue, teal, cyan, etc.) my saber works like a charm. An example of some values would be (0,1023,100),(0,1023,600),(0,660,1023), and so on.

My problem is anytime I try to involve color mixing with the R, it doesn't work. On its own (1023,0,0) the red die is great and as bright as can be expected. However, if I try combining R with G or B, the mixing is completely out of wack.

For example, on what is supposed to be my amber font, I've put: drive=1023,660,0. However, the amber color only lasts for the duration of ignition. Once ignited, the blade becomes mostly green with a tint of yellow, and it only takes a few aux button hits or clashes for it to revert completely to green.
On what is supposed to be my purple font, I have: drive=700,0,1023. Similar problem here. The proper color mix only lasts for the ignition, and after that it remains idle on a mostly blue (with some red) blade. A few clashes and aux button hits and it becomes blue with no red at all.

Is this a common problem? Is there any way I can resolve this?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Prizm v5.1 color mixing not working
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 06:28:52 AM »
couple of things :
- regarding flash on clash : check the color mixing (mcolor) of the profiles
- if it lasts only the ignition, it's most likely that your battery doesn't provide the juice, or the red is pulling too much current (incorrect resistor) or that the other dice have incorrect resistors as well.

Adjust the color in real time with RICE, I'm sure you'll see the above happening.

Offline Darth Canus

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 07:04:35 AM »
I'm not using color profiles in my override file, so mcolor isn't a thing in config, I don't think. The resistor stuff might be a problem, I'm not too sure. Maybe I've done something wrong in notepad? Here's what I got:

// PRIZMv5 config
drive=1023,660,0
fdrive=512,1023,1023
focmix=001
tridenton=0
tridentoff=0
tridentm=0000
tridentstrip=24
tridentfx=0
tridentflk=0
tridentquick=0
resume=0
shmrd=80
shmrp=6
shmrr=12
shmr%=0,50
focd=150
focp=10
focr=10
foc%=0,50
qon=0
qoff=0
fade=0
flks=3
flkd=20
pulsed=0
pulsel=0
lsfadeon=1
lsfadeoff=1
lightstick=0
omnisabers=0
idlepulsing=15
idleled=0
unstable=2
hcool=18
lcool=3
sparkf=200
sparkd=70
drift=1
mapb=98
mapc=94

P.S. This was my first build from scratch, I didn't include a RICE port  :cry: When it's time for an upgrade, you betcha.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 07:11:25 AM »
I suggest you wire a temporary RICE port. The color mix looks correct but assumes that the current settings (via resistor) is balanced between the 3 dice and that your battery is capable of providing the current to the led.

Offline Darth Canus

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 02:29:44 PM »
Sorry for the late reply erv, but you were right on the money, it was a resistor problem, my red die is fried. I appreciate all the help, thank you! Can't wait to try more Plecter boards for my next builds :)

retrousse