fiduciary

Author Topic: CFX fw.dat  (Read 2125 times)

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: CFX fw.dat
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2020, 08:57:53 AM »
I will take pictures of the other side. The ground pad is there, I just cleaned it up with solder wick. The blade and sound work great when touch a wire from act. switch to ground and aux. works also. I am going to run new wire and switches and try it again. I have a 330 ohm resistor in the data line.
Thanks for the responses

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2020, 04:35:31 PM »
Hi bombarta, I checked continuity between the data pad and the grounds near it. All good. Smallest gauge wire I had was 26.  It probably has too much solder on the battery  pads but they are solid, I am getting full battery voltage when the kill key is pulled even on the other side of of the board.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2020, 05:21:22 PM »
Would still be good to see the other side of the board...we also have not talked about the neo pcb and blade. If you have more than one blade I assume you would have tried them. Possible that there is some issue or minor short on the pixel pcb?  Always good to check continuity from the wires on the board to the appropriate pins...and looking for 330 on the data wire to pin, not continuity.

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2020, 05:26:21 AM »
I am using a four pin GX-12 connector for the blade. I printed an adapter that goes into the blade and houses the male side of the connector.  What I meant by continuity was there is none between the data pin and the grounds next to it telling me there is no short. I have checked the blade harness from the GX connector back to the board. 330 ohm for data and full battery power to the two grounds.

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2020, 07:15:47 PM »
I have not been able to work on this project for a while. The last thing I did was remove the switch wires and switches. I then jumped the switch act. to ground and everything worked great including jumping the aux. pad to ground to change fonts and blaster bolts. I tinned the switch pads and ground pad and tried again but board boots up in font selection mode and then says it is going into deep sleep, nothing responds after that. Formatted sd card again, battery at 4.3vdc, same result. Scott, here is a picture of the back of the board. Still scratching my head.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 07:53:51 PM by mech65 »

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2020, 08:11:00 PM »
I know how frustrating it can be. And happy to help....unfortunately. When I asked to see the other side of the board, I was hoping to see how you had everything wired. Looks like you flipped switch wiring to the other side of the board.

Next time you are fully wired up, include pics of both sides...I am probably missing something but was confused when you talked about jumping act and aux. you want one pin of each switch going to the ground....bigger pad under all the accent led pads (4th one in after the 3 tiny ones) and the other pin from each switch going to the act and aux pads in the middle.  I know you mentioned testing but always good to test continuity on switches with your multimeter before attaching to the board.

Lastly. Since we are talking about switches, not sure what your saber is, but make sure you don’t have any shorts on the switch side (for instance, if the solder could hit the ousted of the hilt or something underneath.

Apologies if I missed this info/detail previously, just a bit of a moving target in the thread.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2020, 12:45:03 AM »
check your switch pad voltages again. If you get in the vocal menu, your aux switch (pad) is shorted to ground, or fried (internal pullup destroyed)

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2020, 04:56:35 PM »
Hi Scott, yes the wiring is all on the top side. What I meant by jumping the switch pads to ground is I use a small length of wire trimmed and tinned at both ends. I then put one end on the ground pad and momentarily touch the act. switch to ignite the blade or do the same with aux. switch to change fonts or activate blaster blocks. However, this time around nothing is working. I have new wiring and switches in place but not soldered in, that’s why I was testing with the jumper wire. Hope that clears it up a bit. As for Erv question about the voltage on the pads. I have only .6 volts on the aux. pad and 2.76 volts on the act. pad. Erv is probably right about the aux. pad being fried. I am thinking about trying a pull-up resistor for the aux. pad.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2020, 05:58:34 PM »
If aux is toast, you should still be able to turn on and off. Would think.

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 07:36:22 PM »
It boots up only the vocal menu, does not let me do anything and then goes into deep sleep mode. No action after that. I am going to put a 3300 ohm resistor as per the drawing and hope for the best.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2020, 01:14:50 AM »
If aux is toast, you should still be able to turn on and off. Would think.

No, as it takes you to the menu and waits for aux to be released

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2020, 01:46:47 PM »
I put a 3300 ohm resistor in as per my last post. Voltage on the aux. pad went from .76 volts to 1.79volts but the board boots and does not respond to any buttons. I am going to try a 1000 ohm resistor.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 04:54:57 PM by mech65 »

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2020, 06:50:05 PM »
I have just finished installing 1000  ohm pull-up resistors on the act. and aux. pads to the 3.3 volt pad. I had 2.63 volts on the aux. pad and 3.23 volts on the act. pad. I installed the sd card and voltages changed to 1.67 volts on the act. pad and .62 volts on the aux. pad. Boots up, red light goes out. Blade ignites for a few seconds and retracts. Nothing works after that. Very perplexing. After five builds I have never come across a situation as this. This is my first CFX build. Always trying new things. Anyone have any ideas? I am about to cut losses and move on to the  Proffie boards. There are always failures but I have put a lot of time into this board to make it work.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:24:55 PM by mech65 »

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2020, 09:16:35 PM »
Your internal pullup is probably damaged (inside the mcu), dragging signal to the ground.

You can disable pullups (and use your external ones) by installing pudis=1 in the config just after debug.

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2020, 05:00:01 AM »
Would you please give me instructions on how to install “pudis=1”. I was going to completely resoldered the board today and start over but I will give this a try . Do I just type this line in?

retrousse