fiduciary

Author Topic: What the TV Show should be  (Read 6980 times)

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
What the TV Show should be
« on: October 05, 2009, 04:45:58 AM »
Here is something I found a few years ago. I talked with the guy last year and told him he should be beating down George's door for the live action.
Here is the vid.

Here is another he made from the Jedi perspective on the same time line as this.   http://www.vimeo.com/2625299
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 04:48:48 AM by Amptrooper »

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
Re: What the TV Show should be
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 05:24:22 AM »
This would be an awesome basis!  I seem to recall (and already posted, I think) that GL said no Jedi?!?!?  Not sure how you can have Star Wars without them!  LOL   ;D

*edit I looked it up again, and the story is a little different this time, here ya go!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:31:09 AM by Aelde Renn »

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 06:30:11 AM »
No Jedi = no lightsabers.  No lightsabers = Young Indiana Jones flop.  ::)

GL needs to let someone else take the reigns.  This has huge potential much like STNG gave a rebirth to ST.  Add Jedi and main characters like Vader, CP, Boba Fett and others and you'll have a hit that has the potential to, I dare say dwarf the current 6 movies.

Yes, I believe if done correctly the TV series could be more popular than ALL or any of the six movies.

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 07:54:05 AM »
I have seen contract of evil before it is easily one of my favorite fan films. This is the first time I'd ever watched crossroads of destiny and that was pretty sweet!

I would have to agree with Luke totally. Having star wars without jedi just doesnt make any sense. I'm fine with focusing on more minor characters to a point, but you still need all the tie-ins of the rest of the universe. Order 66 left several jedi still alive that could be fit into the story.

Guess we'll see what happens if it ever does come to reality. I'm hoping its the greatest thing since the movies as well, but a bit sceptical.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 02:27:53 PM »
They don't necessarily need old characters like Boba and Vader.  I think it would help.  STNG had a few cameos of the old generation but mostly the cast was all new.

What if STNG had no Klingons, Romulans or "beaming".  What if the Enterprise was just another ship?  It would have tanked.  They took the key elements, brought it up a notch and hit a home run.  That is exactly what GL has the potential to do.  He needs to look at STNG and see what the best parts were and incorporate them into this series.

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 04:19:45 PM »
According to that link I added, there are hints of Boba, Vader, and maybe some back story on Leia.  Other than that, I think it is supposed to be mostly new, or minor, characters.  There was also a suggestion that it may deal with the rise of the Alliance, as well as the Empire becoming what we know it to be.  I really don't think GL is a stupid man, he has to know that the Jedi are pivotal to his entire story!  I even seem to recall reading one of the EU books with some reference to a clone or two who liked to use a lightsaber for close combat!  Have to look for that, might have just dreamt it.   :D

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 04:38:31 PM »
At Dragon Con Steve Sansweet pretty much confirmed that the show is going to center on Boba Fett... He said we should expect to hear from Danial Logans camp any day now...

Rick McCullum who is producing the show said it's going to be a cross between the Sopranos and Deadwood in space dealing mainly with the underbelly of the Star Wars Galaxy... Does anybody remember Shadows of the Empire?... I think Black Sun is going to be an element in this series....

And the Celebration V logo is Boba Fett... the Clone Wars Show is going to be introducing the Mandalorians and Fett this season... I believe this is all foreshadowing for what is to come...

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Darth Frodo

• Experienced Force User
  • Ahhh..Does not compute..Ahhh..Your under arrest
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 05:02:15 PM »
i read somewhere that there will be NO main charachters ... wonder if starkiller will be in it ... also it will focus on surviving jedi ..... BTW check out my sweet new SIG ... thanks MD

Offline Darth Axumus

• No Force
  • Sith Happens.
    • Star Wars Space
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 09:40:57 AM »
Looks great! Can't wait til Lucas finally releases his series though. 2012 I think...

Offline lord-bane

• No Force
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 07:59:59 PM »
What i have read about the show is it will have alot to do about Boba Fett and his hunt for rouge jedi
after order66

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »
While I can appreciate the production value of the Darth Maul fan film, it has the same problem that I feel plagues all fan films.  It's the creation of a fan who loves one specific character and wants to do something to pay tribute to them.  While it's a cool tribute, I can't really view it as anything more than that.  To make a series like that wouldn't go very far. 

Two things come to mind when I read about rumors of the live action tv show.  From what I've heard about this the show will likely deal with the underbelly of the SW universe and also the rise of the Rebel Alliance.  While they both sound like interesting ideas, I think that the elements of the Rebellion coming into being should have been written into the Prequel Trilogy. 

I'm personally more interested in seeing George Lucas go back to making more experimental films like THX-1138 which is a brilliant film.  He said that he wanted to do that after Episode III was complete, but I doubt he'll do it as it's been nearly 5 years since then and he's still working on more Star Wars stories (Live Action, Cartoons, Etc.)  I think he's outgrown Star Wars and should leave it to the care of a group of fans that he hand picks, this way he still can retain some control, but the group can still allow the rich universe to grow.

One of these days I'll get around to writing my take on the whole turn that Star Wars has taken over the last decade, and may even include a synopsis of what I think the prequels could have been. 

Ok, I suppose I ought to get off of my soapbox now.  haha    :D

Psab Keel

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »
While I can appreciate the production value of the Darth Maul fan film, it has the same problem that I feel plagues all fan films.  It's the creation of a fan who loves one specific character and wants to do something to pay tribute to them.  While it's a cool tribute, I can't really view it as anything more than that.  To make a series like that wouldn't go very far. 

Psab Keel

From how I viewed it- the youtube version at least- was that it was one long duel between three characters. There didn't seem to be too much depth to it but that's not to say there can't be, who knows what this guy is really capable of.

You're right in that there isn't anything more than a tribute to one character. But that's not to say such an idea wouldn't work as short films such as 20 minutes long and then moving onto something new with a different character. It still would need more to push it beyond a big saber fight, though.

Anyway- Back to the Star Wars TV Show. I'm pretty bored with the prequels and personally I'd like to see some post-ROTJ, such as involving the Solo Twins. I know it's near impossible what with Carrie Fisher and etc not looking the same (trying to be polite) as they did and it requires people to read the novels, because they would need to start at a particular point as to avoid the Solos and Luke (not to mention it would be a Watchmen like pitfall). Going back is really not what the Saga needs, at least that's my opinion. If you're going to go back, go BACK...like to the KOTOR era.

I also understand that an idea for the show is already chosen or will be etc, but I can dream!

retrousse