fiduciary

Author Topic: My new 2007 ANH & used 05' ESB Vader  (Read 9063 times)

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
My new 2007 ANH & used 05' ESB Vader
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:16:18 AM »
Hello guys,

I just got my new 07 Vader ANH FX.

I love the hilt, the blade is slanted like my ANH Luke, darn.

Sound is softer than ANH Luke too. Blade is bright.

But only one clash sound???

I like to know if the humming sound is like a continuos farting or mine is whacked or maybe like a motorboat instead of a smooth humming?

I am a little concern about this one!

Thanks in advance guys!

B

EDITED I forgot my review!

HILT
I love the hilt. I think the size of the hilt is ... almost like the movie even tho I don't know how small the Graflex is but this hilt feels very small in diameter in my hands and I love it! The weight is wonderful.

What I don't like is the plastic band and the plastic thingy just below the shroud or is it called emitter? I will take them out to sand and paint it someday. NOT NOW tho or anytime soon for that too!

I also don't understand the hook thingy on the control box. Thank goodness they blunt that piece otherwise it sure gonna cut our palms.

I really love the feel of the overall hilt. The diameter is surprising good and I felt extremely comfortable with the entire hilt but for the record. I felt very comfy with the Mace's hilt too.

BLADE
xxx, mine is slanted on sides like my ANH Luke. This really irked the crap out of me big time! But the red is so red that its beautiful! I think you readers who owned one will agreed with me. The colour is beautiful!

SOUND
Maybe its without a proper bass that causes the humming to be sounded like a long continuos fart? But I think I am coming to term with this sound now. The swing and single clash sounds are really nice tho and like 4-5 times louder than the fartings.

OVERALL
Come on, unless you going for Erv or Hyper. This is one very good FX to own but than again. Which one here or anywhere, either newcomer or seasoned collector doesn't want more than one FX???

B
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:29:47 AM by Boxster »

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
Re: 2007 ANH Vader sound question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 08:19:50 AM »
 :D :D Yeah, it's a continous farting sound! Do you have fresh batteries in it? It uses the same sound as the Vader ESB. The reason the ESB only had one clash sound was that in ESB there was only one clash sound used for Vader. The problem is that MR used the correct clash sound for the activation of the Vader ESB instead.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 08:43:01 AM »
Many thanks for the reply, Owen! Ok, now I am a little relieved coz I thought I got a bad Vader FX because of the continous farting sound. :D :D

A little relieved because in other threads I read that the sound for this new ANH is LOUD. Mine is so so. My 05' Mace is louder. I was hoping this one to be LOUD as written in other threads.

So, its natural for the sound to be like that. :-\ The batteries are new, I have a good bunch of them Duracells. The swinging and clash sound is too darn sweet tho. I am swinging this all around the house.

I will be getting the ESB this week. Thanks again, Owen!

B

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »
Loudness is in the ear of the listener. My Vader ANH is no louder than the other FX's I have, save for my Luke ROTJ V2. I think it is universaly accepted that the ROTJ is the loudest, hands down. Yeah the Vaders and the Maul have the same raspy or "farting" sound.

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 09:17:06 AM »
Man, I think this is the inconsistency of the manufacturing process. Lucky MR let Hasbro got the license or I will be biatching to MR about this.

The farting on this ANH Vader is comparable to the humming of my Obiwan which is the softest I've got.

My ROTJ is loud but flat compared to the others, loudness 3rd to Mace and ANH Luke which is LOUD.

I tried the Maul in the shop before but I don't hear the crisp farting sound. More like a normal humming which was why I was concerned. BUT, the Maul's batteries were very very weak when I held it and very soft.

Overall, I really like the ANH's crimson blade very much. Looks awgasmic in the dark, brightness comparable to ANH Luke with little blotches, ok, just one. Never seen red this.... red, like that except for neon signs. Its Ferrari red but glows! :D

Once I get all the 10 FX. I will start posting pics.

Btw, Owen, I already took the first step to V2'ing the ROTJ by stripping the yucky gold paint. :D

B

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 09:18:40 AM »
 :D :D

I make that sound myself some times with bad food and I don't have a lightsaber around lol :D :D

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 09:24:11 AM »
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

B

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 09:27:21 AM »
Ben, ever get the walking farts? :-[

So, you have started on a V2? Another has crossed over to the power of the V2! ;D

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 09:33:31 AM »
 :D :D

Yes owen I had the walking,running,sleeping farts lol :D :DAs for the v-2 yes I'll do one this year lol :D :D

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 09:39:06 AM »
Ben, bad food can produce liquidty stuff than just air alone sometimes. :D :D :D

Heh, yeah Owen, I believed its your thread that get me started! I am asking people to make the clamp for me instead of gutting one from Anakin FX.

Also waiting for quotation for turning the plastic gold control box thingy to metal ones. Bought the LED to light up the green and red arrow clear parts on the control box too.

I may want to retain the green blade tho. Its the brightest FX ever, of course, I heard Yoda's even brighter.

B

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 09:43:52 AM »
So, you have started on a V2? Another has crossed over to the power of the V2! ;D

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now lets see some progress pics Boxter

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 09:52:50 AM »
instead of gutting one from Anakin FX.
That's good as it wouldn't fit.  ;)  The only clamp that will fit the Luke ROTJ body is the one from the Luke ESB. And yeah, lets see some pics!

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »
Hi Aluke, Owen,

As thanks, ok, bad memory! Ok, ESB and not Anakin's. I don't have ESB anyway... ;D or Not yet!

As it is right now. The ROTJ has the gold plastic part taken out and its in the shop now.

Gold paint on neck with thinner which came off by accident. Wipe it with thinner because it got some oily handprints and next thing I know, the gold paint started peeling off.

LED not installed on control box but I bought a few pieces just in case. I will post some pics tomorrow when I get my camera from my work place. Not much to show at this moment really.

Darn, have you guys swing your FX and hit your other half by accident? I just did and she told me "Do that again and I will throw that darn stick out of the window!" :P Man, that was scary!

B

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 10:09:43 AM »
"A Jedi must be mindful of his surroundings", from Qui-Gon.

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 10:35:53 AM »
Gui Gonn is a smart man! :D

B

retrousse