fiduciary

Recent Posts

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10]
They also don't show it retracting.  For most of the ideas I've had for this, that's the big engineering challenge.

Maybe this should be the 2022 Forum challenge: Make a better retracting saber than the House of Mouse  :wink:
New Ideas and Technologies / Re: Looks like Disney made a real lightsaber
« Last post by jbkuma on May 06, 2021, 06:39:18 AM »
They also don't show it retracting.  For most of the ideas I've had for this, that's the big engineering challenge.
It doesn’t appear to be terribly bright either. And obviously that’s not the sound from it.
I am curious to see it up close though, could lead to all sorts of things for us.
Darkmatter73

AGREED

I dunno, the more I'm looking into it, the more it looks like a gimmick to get the attention of the muggles. It looks cool, but apart from that, I'm just seeing drawbacks everywhere. You need a huge hilt, the blades are dim and don't look like they'd hold up to any impacts, very little real estate on the inside for anything else.

I would be curious to see one taken apart, just to see if there's any improvements that we can come up with, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.
Lightsabers / FS: Custom Crossgaurd Lightsaber - Relisted
« Last post by vargose on May 05, 2021, 12:58:55 PM »
Ended up having to Relist my custom Crossguard Lightsaber. Check it out

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184871045942

Handmade by myself, one of a kind
    Copper and Aluminum hilt
    Polycarbonate Blades
    It is Duel Worthy, but no warranty though, so be careful
    RGB LEDs (any color you can dream of can be configured)
    Delayed crossguard quillons on red only (dedicated 4th channel)
    Powered by an NEC Spark 3 soundboard Revision 5
    Soundboard has Real Swing for sounds that match your hand movement (similar to Smooth Swing)
    Three Customizable Sound Banks (Tons of saber fonts available at saberfont dot com)
    In-hilt Charging with replaceable 3.7 Li-ion Cell and charger included.
    3W Bass speaker with room for resonance
    I'll send links to the soundboard manual, config app, and default files.
    The saber has minor cosmetic imperfections from the build, but in a used universe with lightsaber battles it fits

Gallery
http://mitchellharris2.wixsite.com/redemption-cross-gu

Original Thread https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=54657.0

Soli Deo gloria
Lightsabers / Re: PLEASE LOCK: Custom Crossgruard up for sale
« Last post by vargose on May 05, 2021, 12:52:40 PM »
Mods Please Lock. Will Relist
« Last post by EXAR KUN on May 05, 2021, 12:04:08 PM »
It doesn’t appear to be terribly bright either. And obviously that’s not the sound from it.
I am curious to see it up close though, could lead to all sorts of things for us.
Darkmatter73

AGREED
Hey there saber friends,

This is an epic lightsaber reveal of the highest calibur. In collaboration with Jedi Arms Dealer, may I present the

SABERKRAFT BIG BOY SKYWALKER LINEAGE

Check out the amazing work by JEDI ARMS DEALER in his video about the making of this lightsaber for my friend Derya (onigiri34) on FX-Sabers)
Jedi Arms Dealer outdid himself with the entire saber from emitter to pommel and you won't believe your eyes when you see it. I'm going to make the Photonic blade for Derya next week and I'll post a video of that. Thank you, thank you, thank you Jedi Master JEDI ARMS DEALER for coming up with this epic SABER WIN for my friend Derya. I wanted him to have the absolute classiest saber anyone has ever seen and I think JAD accomplished that for us,... by no means an easy task (see the above video).

SPECS:
- Plecter Labs Crystal Focus X
- Saberkraft hilt
- Immense, stunning multipart metal chassis by Jedi Arms Dealer
- Two bass speakers
- Coated copper control box
- Custom LED accent setup
- Custom sounds, fonts, and created smooth swing fonts by Jedi Arms Dealer
- 24k gold plated grip
- Polished brass and aluminum body
- Multiple coated and protected metal interior parts (to resist tarnishing)
- Custom removable, magnetic chassis w/it's own battery power, charged by the lightsaber itself
- Custom acrylic cut and laser etched display case with power and R.I.C.E. connection
- Onboard charging
- Bluetooth connection for wireless saber command
- Custom blade plug with gold and brass accents
- Sequenced onboard 8 accent LEDs underneath threaded part, only visible in reveal mode
- Crystal chamber with spherical crystal, lit by more than 10 pixels
Component Blades - Neopixel / LED String blades / Re: 332 neopixels per meter
« Last post by EXAR KUN on May 05, 2021, 11:46:30 AM »
Thanks JB, I'm glad you are OK now :)

Yes, I've made some Duel Star Omega blades (that's what I call these with the 332 strips):

« Last post by Shinkaze on May 05, 2021, 11:01:50 AM »
Very interested in how they pulled it off, and if it's good for anything but looking impressive.  If it's just the looks, I have no problem with that, but obviously has dueling/staged combat implications.

It works like two tape measures back to back....

Patent Filing...
Lightsabers / Re: FS: Proffie 1.5 , and two Ultimate FX
« Last post by vargose on May 05, 2021, 08:29:33 AM »
Crystal Shard SOLD
price drop on Ultimate FX boards
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10]