fiduciary

Recent Posts

Pages:  [1] 2 3 ... 10
Plecter Labs / Re: Crystal Focus X (v10) specs, demo and discussion
« Last post by vargose on Yesterday at 12:56:09 PM »
I have a couple questions. First, Is the SD card accessible via the USB port? The manual mentions that it will be, but was wondering if current firmware supports it.
Next question is trickier. My next saber I am thinking about making a removable "power cell". The trick with the design is the battery will need to be disconnected to be able to connect the USB. I'll be using one multi pin connector to facilitate both, with some pins for the battery and some for the USB access. Disconnect the "power cell" and connect a "diagnostic" port. The manual mentions that the board does not support powering it via the USB. However could I still power the board via a PC's USB if I ran the USB wire's power lines to the board as well. I wouldn't be running the LEDs in that configuration, I'd run a separate positive line for the LEDs through the connector to the battery. So the board will be the only thing powered.
Questions/Comments / Re: What kind of Obi/Luke Saber should I get?
« Last post by jbkuma on May 13, 2021, 07:49:20 AM »
The "perfect saber" seems far from it, that looks like a costume shop with some cheap sabers.  I don't think I know of anyone posting anything from them before, but the saber is nothing like accurate and I would expect it to be of rather poor quality. 

I have no opinion on Zia, but they seem to be a more serious operation.

Ultra Sabers has been around a long time, with various opinions and historic biases.

Questions/Comments / What kind of Obi/Luke Saber should I get?
« Last post by Delta Scepter on May 12, 2021, 04:23:17 PM »
I'm in a bit of a quandary. There are three similar Obi-Wan/Luke style lightsabers out there, and I just wanted to know, based on your own personal experiences and expertise, what saber should I get? There are 3 criteria: changing colors (blue to green), durability, and overall quality.

1. The Ultrasabers Archon V3.1

2. The Zia Sabers Empire Lightsaber

3. The Perfect Saber Kenob Lightsaber

I Just recently purchased this Saber, my first Crystal Focus V8 and I am finding myself with a curious issue that I really would like some help with.

A link to a video showing the issue is below. I appreciate whatever help I can get.

All I can say is WOW! Just so nice...
That right there is The Golden Saber Challenge. The most amazing saber I could ever hope to see  :huh:

Thunderous applause JAD.
This is the best saber made yet! So many features that others don't have and that display case! Grandmaster work.
New Ideas and Technologies / Re: Looks like Disney made a real lightsaber
« Last post by jbkuma on May 07, 2021, 04:33:23 PM »
I've signed my fair share of NDAs in my day.  It usually means you are working on something fun, but you can't tell anyone about it.  For instance this recent job I did for [very well known international brand] to make [a thing which I was capable of making], it took [a period of time] but it was really great to see the end result!
New Ideas and Technologies / Re: Looks like Disney made a real lightsaber
« Last post by K-2SO on May 07, 2021, 04:00:58 PM »
If you’ve never signed corporate NDA’s, they aren’t exactly 1 page love letters, you know.
And possibly one for Cease and Desist Letters.  :police:

"That," he says, impossibly optimistically "or the Imagineering Department start sending job offers (we can't refuse) around?" :tongue:
Pages:  [1] 2 3 ... 10