fiduciary

Author Topic: Ultrasound 2.5 manual and notes  (Read 18084 times)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: Ultrasound 2.5 manual and notes
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 06:40:34 PM »
oh cool, ....I sitting in there now

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 07:44:40 PM »
MJ was referring to me for the board repair.  Check my post in the mining colony for board repair info.

Offline Darth Nater

• No Force
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 06:09:02 PM »
Granted this thread is nearly 3 years old, I still didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question.   

Is there a need to use a resistor for an Ultrasound 2.5 board?   Correct me on my thinking, but this shows a P4 red setting on the soundcard to put out 1400mA.  Isnt that led supposed to run around 700-800mA?

sorry to re-hash such an old post, but I've had it in my bookmarks for a long time, re-read it and it made me wonder.

Offline Terias

• Force User
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »
hate to revive a dead thread. But im having a problem and I cant seem to find a solution. 

Ok so I have an US 2.5.  I wired it up following
Saber project ultrasound 2.5
   It charges, and when I remove the key it boots up and I get the US 2.5 greeting,  but after that I cant get it to turn on.    Theres no shorts, no broken conncetions.   I thought at first my LED was dead (Seoul p4 green)   but if that were the case I would still get the sound letting me know its on.    And the speaker works cause I get the greeting?   Could my switch be broken maybe?     

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/16mm-Anti-Vandal-Momentary-Nickel-Plated-Switch-P471.aspx thats the switch i have

I also tried a 2nd momentary switch and same thing.   :/  I dunno what i dd, I hope I didnt break the board

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 08:40:16 PM »
Is there a bridge between the switches?

Try the capacitor across the switch leads mod. One lead on each pad. solder the switch leads on top of the those.
1UF 50V RADIAL MONOLITHIC CERAMIC CAPACITOR | AllElectronics.com

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Terias

• Force User
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 08:53:55 PM »
thanks I'll give it a try

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »

Try the capacitor across the switch leads mod. One lead on each pad. solder the switch leads on top of the those.

THAT's what I was referring to when I responded earlier.  the 1UF 50v cap (not a resistor).  See if this fixes what was called the "switch-bounce" issue.  If still nothing, it could be the switch leads connection to the board itself that is causing issues.  Check the solder points, make sure you have a good solid connection there.
Support our Font Makers!

Offline Terias

• Force User
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 11:57:07 PM »

THAT's what I was referring to when I responded earlier.  the 1UF 50v cap (not a resistor).  See if this fixes what was called the "switch-bounce" issue.  If still nothing, it could be the switch leads connection to the board itself that is causing issues.  Check the solder points, make sure you have a good solid connection there.

thanks ^_^!   I love comming to this forum

retrousse