fiduciary

Author Topic: Buying my first saber!  (Read 8159 times)

Offline baterax

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Buying my first saber!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 08:32:53 PM »
Ok, thank you for an AWESOME, kick xxx read.

So apparently, if I get it correctly, the photon blade with the blue LEDs will be brighter, but the color will be a bluish green, as opposed to a "true green" GGW LED with a clear blade, right?

Offline baterax

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 09:16:14 PM »
Ok so new questions here!

First, the Photon blade right now is only green, with blue LEDs right.
So if I want to do that, I'd have to do a rBrBW LED setup in the saber, and when using any other, clear blade, my saber will be blue only, and green when I use the Photon blade. Right?

And, I noticed Parks has different blades, they call them Phase blades... these ONLY work with their own sabers, correct? Like, their blades connect to the hilt via a 1/4" connector and there are no LEDs in the hilt, and they also have no sound. Are Phase blades cooler/brighter/better? Also they're NOT suited for dueling, right?

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 10:44:04 PM »
Yes so far the Photon blades are only available in green and are lit by blue LEDs which the fluorescent dyes in the blade convert to a blue-greenish shade of green while also increasing the brightness by the fluorescing. A rB/rB/W tri-LED star would convert the two royal blue dies to a very bright bluish green in a Photon blade and the white die would be used for Flash On Clash. In a regular clear or transwhite blade you would have a blue saber.

Alternatively you could use a G/G/W tri-LED star which all other things equal would be brighter than a single green LED star or a RGB tri-LEd star that was using only the green die for a green saber because it would have TWO green LED dies lighting a clear or transwhite blade instead of one and still have the white die for Flash On Clash. You would lose the added brightness from the fluorescing of a Photon blade since a green LED doesn't add anything with a Photon blade thus a Photon blade is only really useful if one uses it with a blue LED but with a G/G/W you could have a more 'true green' shade without the blue-greenish-ness. So it depends which is more important to you the exact shade of green or the added brightness. Your choice.

Yes the Phase blade is a proprietary Parks blade for their own saber hilts. It uses a LED string similar to a MR or Hasbro Force-FX though somewhat stronger but without sound. Because it uses LEDs in the blade it can still be damaged by heavy dueling but it can have the slow extend retract FX like the MR Hasbro which is more important for some people wanting a 'display' saber than others especially those saberfans who are more into heavy or 'gorilla' dueling tan having a 'display' saber for whom an in-hilt LED is MUCH more durable. Which is why most custom sabers in the hobby now use in-hilt LEDs; most of us want to 'play' with our saberts as much as look at them. ;) Again its your choice to decide which suits your needs and desires more but those are the tradeoffs in the various blade and LED types. Good Luck and MTFBWY
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

retrousse