fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Focus X and some news from the Plecter house  (Read 34947 times)

Offline TheSilverDark

• No Force
  • Look, I have a laser sword!
Re: Crystal Focus X and some news from the Plecter house
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2019, 10:49:00 PM »
I'm so excited for this board...Now I just gotta restrain myself from finalizing my saber until this bad boy comes out so I can accommodate for size and any added features I decide to throw in!

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2019, 08:57:29 AM »
GREAT NEWS! Hope to see it soon   :grin:

long time no post...

accent sequencer is finished, I've added a LARGE amount of additional configuration to the sequencer, now each of the 8 accents are configurable to "anything". Among anything, there's regular accent, pli accent, self pulsing, blade indicator, power indicator, blade mirror (channel of your choice), crystal chamber pulsing (color channel of your choice), audio flicker (regular & reversed). I'm glad to have audio flicker back, it used to be (IIRC) on CF6 then I had to abandon it for mirroring.
PLI is therefore intrinsically scalable from 1 to 8 accents. There are little restrictions on what can be what. Accents outputs can be anything, except for PWM type of accents (audio flicker, mirror or pulsing) which are working on accents #2, 5, 6, 7, 8 only. Audio flicker is still emulated on the other accents, and I'm going to do the same for mirror (less interest for pulsing).

The accent sequencer is also quite simplified, and easier to read / edit.

The various smoothswing modes have been implemented, it supports hybrid fonts and the pitch shifting is working as well (tuning in progress). We've also included a lot of easter eggs in the board.

Finally, regarding control and profiles, I have all the hooks for controlling blade profile change, color profile selection, and even on the fly font changing. I just need a little bit of (more) time to add the glue so that it brings Spectrum back, as well as tangible color selection, but it's really Lego, now.

Great progress overall, and converging fast. We're also organizing the board production in parallel. Myself, I'm struggling to allocate some time to finish a demo saber but since I'm at home tomorrow, I hope to get to this (all parts on my desk, just can't move my fingers out of the code editor !)

Offline ShtokyD

• Mining Colony Members
  • Force User
  • whatever
    • My facebook page
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2019, 05:42:46 AM »
Oh, now that's a lot of new RICE commands to add to the smartphone "ForceSync" app!

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2019, 04:30:33 AM »
Adding back Tangible Font selection today. It's a CF8-9 legacy feature but I'm extending it for CFx with additional user interface / interaction scenario.
The UI folder is actually growing up a lot. The default package is now 330+ MB with 1200+ files and counting, and that's without the story telling system.

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2019, 05:00:17 PM »
Adding back Tangible Font selection today. It's a CF8-9 legacy feature but I'm extending it for CFx with additional user interface / interaction scenario.
The UI folder is actually growing up a lot. The default package is now 330+ MB with 1200+ files and counting, and that's without the story telling system.

Erv: "Solderless breadboard? Heck no! I'm building this test rig like a pro!" *pulls soldering iron from holster* :cheesy:

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2019, 09:42:44 PM »
LOL ! Indeed, the soldering iron is never far away ! I do use solderless breadboards too but this test rig is traveling a lot between my personal lab and my work place, so I need it to be reliable.

Code wise, Spectrum layer one is coded, it needs an improved color selection, I'm doing this today. I've added a few other parameters as well and some visual scenarios to the Tangible Font Selection / blade detection.

What's left do to do at the present day are mostly the accu bolt system and the combo system. Those are mostly code to bring back / copy+paste, so it's nothing "complicated".

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2019, 11:03:32 PM »
it's nothing "complicated".
Famous last words!

Offline Master Timbo

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2019, 10:30:37 AM »
...and that's without the story telling system.
Story telling system? Tell me more  :wink:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:32:53 AM by Master Timbo »

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2019, 12:10:02 PM »
...and that's without the story telling system.
Story telling system? Tell me more  :wink:

Once upon a time, there was very few sound boards... then out of the bushes... :cheesy:

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2019, 01:37:14 PM »
Mmmmm very cool... lots of accent LEDs

Offline Clinton445

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2019, 09:27:30 AM »
When will this beautiful beast be ready??

Offline Lord Veltor

• No Force
  • Impressive... Most Impressive!
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2019, 02:26:47 PM »
Very much looking forward to this new board! Erv, you have raised the bar once again.

I have one question though, For chassis compatibility, will the CF9 and CFX be the same size?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 02:40:56 PM by Lord Veltor »

Offline Mister Bones

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2019, 02:28:58 PM »
Very much looking forward to this new board! Erv, you have raised the bar once again.

I have one question though, For chassis compatibility, will the CF9 and CFX be the same size?

Going by the photo on FB, the CFX is going to be considerably smaller than the 9. (CFX In the middle)

[nofollow]

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2019, 08:29:21 PM »
The CFx is 34.30 x 20.75mm.

Good progress on the code this week (and it keeps going). The tangible font system was re installed and extended to 16 slots. I also added a configuration option to let the CFX decide if a retraction is initiated automatically on blade removal (if the saber was ON already).
Now I'm RICE parameter saving, it's just tedious to do (ie not forgetting any param to be saved and exported) woke up at 5AM on a dayoff will take care of this !

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2019, 12:29:15 AM »
RICE import export of parameters, along with file saving is getting pretty completed now. My demo saber got a huge push yesterday (back to the lathe, yay). I'll soon publish a feature list vs short term development road map of what will be released right after the boards themselves.

retrousse