fiduciary

Author Topic: FX-SABERS Forum updates matinence down issues etc...  (Read 2102 times)

Offline DARTH VADER

• SMF tech support
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Turtle Shell Productions
Re: FX-SABERS Forum updates matinence down issues etc...
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2021, 07:24:35 AM »
Upon signing in, I was immediately redirected to the Rules & Regulations thread.  I tried it 3 separate times, from different location, same result.  Possible bug or deliberate change?

Unintended side effect of changing the cookie name and clearing the logs in attempt to save space during the transfer.

Have you tried from the same browser again?   It should only trigger once. (basically, users are required to read it. We reset the "log of who who has read this post".  But, after being sent to it once, it should mark you as "has read" and not show it again.

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2021, 12:56:33 PM »
Upon signing in, I was immediately redirected to the Rules & Regulations thread.  I tried it 3 separate times, from different location, same result.  Possible bug or deliberate change?

Unintended side effect of changing the cookie name and clearing the logs in attempt to save space during the transfer.

Have you tried from the same browser again?   It should only trigger once. (basically, users are required to read it. We reset the "log of who who has read this post".  But, after being sent to it once, it should mark you as "has read" and not show it again.

It seems to be alright now.  I went straight to the forum home.  Must have been the wind... :shocked:

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2021, 02:25:53 PM »

It seems to be alright now.  I went straight to the forum home.  Must have been the wind... :shocked:

Or sand. I hear you humans don’t like sand.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 03:43:49 PM »
it gets everywhere  :cheesy:

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 07:53:22 AM »
It appears I am the only one who complains in these parts... hmm.

All the dates have been replaced with arbitrary time points.  Can we get dates back?  Dates are a very valuable resource and removing them eliminates the ability to use the forums as a cataloged reference for posterity.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 01:16:10 PM »
Dr. Who must have stopped by. :cheesy: :cheesy:  I guess the Time Lord screwed something up.  :embarrassed:

Seriously though, it might be something hard coded in this version, because I haven’t found the controls for that particular item, and the ones I have found don’t seem to affect it at all. This is definitely a Darth Vader question. I’ll look around a bit more.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline DARTH VADER

• SMF tech support
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2021, 02:58:50 PM »
It's somewhat hard coded -- but only because I coded it. :)

The times are not arbitrary -- they are distinctly and directly relative to the current time. (1 hour ago, 2 days ago, 4 weeks ago, etc)
It's often considered more "friendly" than a list of time and date stamps.

I'll see if I can put it back over the weekend.

Offline DARTH VADER

• SMF tech support
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 01:12:56 PM »
changed back....

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 04:09:45 PM »
changed back....

Thank you, Lord Vader.  I appreciate you looking out for us regulars - this is one of the reasons why I still frequent the forums: the staff cares about the members. :azn: You're a good fella. :wink:

I award ye +10 Awesomz.  :afro: 

retrousse