fiduciary

Author Topic: Graflex 2.5 question  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Millicente

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Graflex 2.5 question
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:43:42 AM »
Does anyone know if the new 2.5 Graflex sabers can be adapted to fit 1” blades? The long “thin” chassis section shown in pictures attached to the bottom half of the saber that goes up into the upper section makes me question the ability to adapt this saber. Anyone know what that thing is exactly?

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Re: Graflex 2.5 question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 03:30:54 PM »
I'd reach out to Vader's Vault, as they use the Korbanth 2.0 kits and sell with 1" adapters in their "Flex" line up.

Offline Millicente

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:39:24 AM »
Yeah I know about them and the product but my concern is that seemingly intrusive inner tube

Offline Katarn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 08:05:07 AM »
have you tried using the old 2.0 stuff in the 2.5?

east coast sabers on youtube has done a pretty extensive tear down and review of the 2.5, maybe that would help you.
Parks / Korbanth Graflex 2.5 Review & Overview - YouTube

says the grenade (chassis) section inner diameter is the same, just now its in 2 parts and doesn't look like a luke ROTJ grenade section anymore.
oh and that the slot for clamp card buttons no longer goes all the way through.

other than that i like the changes they have done. ironically, i never seem to get a saber when it comes out but i was able to jump on the 2.0 no problem.
now i feel  like if there was ever a time to sleep on a saber, that was it. 2.5 seems better in almost every way. (better circuit card, red buttons, bunny ears correct length, no funky finish on the clamp)

anyway i hope you find something. i do see the appeal for a 1" blade with neopixel becoming more common. gotta admit I'm tempted. even after watching GCS sabers "what you need to know about neopixel" vid... the price is the only thing holding me back.
Korbanth LS6 Hero PC 1.6 conversion by LDM (next best thing to the MkVI)
TCSS MHS #1 "Coppertop"
Vintage Graflex ANH

Offline TheUnchosenOne

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 06:52:19 AM »
The 1" adapter VV uses can still be used in the 2.5. It completely replaced the blade holder, and that would still be true of the 2.5. The thinner chassis portion still detaches from the bottom half, just like the old one.

retrousse