fiduciary

Author Topic: Sound convert  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Data790

• No Force
  • I am about as much use as a chocolate fire guard!
Sound convert
« on: March 31, 2019, 02:37:17 AM »
Hi guys,

Newbie here. So I have been enjoying the Proto Knight RGB boards by the very fine chap, Andras. I am trying to convert some WAV. files I made in Audacity for use with the Proto Knight board (using the other fine chap JakeSOft's sound converter) but keep getting error messages and "no hum sound found". I know from experience this is something I am doing wrong. I was wondering if there was a fine chap that may hel me convert a few files over for a particular interesting saber sound font? Or maybe someone could point me in the right direction of what I am doing wrong.

Apologies if this is something someone has put up before, I find personal time is restricted these days for in depth research.

I appreciate your help with this. Many thanks.
Not that kind of a doctor!

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Sound convert
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 05:49:41 AM »
Do you have a file named hum.wav?

Offline Data790

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 06:05:23 AM »
I do. Mostly I have added a new start up, shut down, boot sound, clash and swing. I kept everything else from the original proto knight sounds. So the hum is the same from the board. I have missed something, I am sure.

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 06:10:43 AM »
My sound font converter assumes you are converting a Plecter font, so all of the file names have to match Plecter default names. The name of the file that came with the board may not match what Plecter uses, so you may have to rename it.

Also, make sure all of your sounds are the same format as Plecter uses. Off the top of my head, I think that is 22050 KHz, 16-bit, mono.

Offline Data790

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 06:17:41 AM »
See, I knew it was something I had missed. Apologies if this has been something asked before. I think audacity saved everything at 22000 mhz as per the wt588d board. I will have a gander at their webpage and see if they have a sound mixer.

Thanks guys. Again apologies of this has been a reinvention of the wheel. Much appreciated.

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 06:27:11 AM »
See, I knew it was something I had missed. Apologies if this has been something asked before. I think audacity saved everything at 22000 mhz as per the wt588d board. I will have a gander at their webpage and see if they have a sound mixer.

Thanks guys. Again apologies of this has been a reinvention of the wheel. Much appreciated.

NP. Keep in mind that Andras's boards use the DFPlayer sound chip and not the WT588D sound chip from my early Arduino saber designs. The supported sound formats are not cross-compatible. My converter utility assumes input in Plecter format and output in DFPlayer format.

Offline Data790

• No Force
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 06:34:20 AM »

NP. Keep in mind that Andras's boards use the DFPlayer sound chip and not the WT588D sound chip from my early Arduino saber designs. The supported sound formats are not cross-compatible. My converter utility assumes input in Plecter format and output in DFPlayer format.

That helps a great deal. Thanks again. I know this has been a lot of hard work and I very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 07:21:33 AM »
Also make sure your aren't having with meta data.

Offline Data790

• No Force
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 08:09:51 AM »
Also make sure your aren't having with meta data.

Just been looking into this. Seems like this may be a little too out there at this point. I dont have the right software for conversion, plus to get the power up right I would need to change the light setting. I also have a STREAM board so maybe this is a project for that or wt588d standalone with just buttons. It is a joke saber, hello kitty with very angry cats. Just a bit of fun anyway.

Thanks for taking the time guys, appreciate it.

Offline Obi_1

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • Creator of DIYino - first open source FX-board
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »
Wow, by the time I got here all the questions have been answered! Thanks Jake and Jason, I really appreciate you helping out!

retrousse