fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke ANH with pics and comparison with Esb, Ani Rots and Graflex replica.  (Read 27369 times)

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
Hello there!

Finally, it's worth the wait, and the patience I had to find since I preorderd this beauty on MR website on May.

Well, everybody here knows how long it was since this FX become available to anybody...Almost 6 months.

Well, but at last, today september 25th, I finally got it!

This morning, I've got a phone call from fedex, and 5 minutes later, here was the brown box!

Everthing perfect, no scratch or hits. Nice.

I opened it, and the black box was front of me!

So, now that I've got it in the hand, the first feeling was:
It's size accurate! Light, and sweet to touch. The same brushed metal than the graflex or the luke esb.  The second feeling was that this one is better fort the left hand users than people like me who use the right hand. This is due to the position of the ignition box, but nithing to deal with MR like it's the prop's position on the ANH version 'ESB is better for that point).

The third thing i've noticed was the horrible clamp of the emitter and the false "rabbit ears" ! what a pity, what a shame! They've done it really well with teh ESB. Why the xxx they did that on this one!!!

BTW, I must say that the hilt is really nice, and finely detailed. Really close to a real graflex, except for the emitter like I said before.

The sounds and light are as usual  excellent on blue FX. Same sounds (louder than ani rots btw) and quite the same colour than ani rots and obi rots.

So, finally, I love this one because it is size accurate and the LUKE ANH man!!! I mean, this is the first ignite lightsaber we alla saw on screen and that turn me addict to this weapons, and , at last, I've got it!!

So, it's not the perfect one I hoped( a little more toyish than the ESB), but a real close one! And BTW, it's the first Size accurate hilt we've got!!!;)(I guess)

SO, here are some pics, with size/details comparison with Luke ESB, Anakin ROTS and my Graflex Replica.  You'll find some pics with the bottom turned off, because like that, I compared the real size of the hilt, without anything at the bottom that could change the length.
Doing that, I was even surprised to notic that the Luke ANH is a little smaller than the Ani !!!

Hope you'll enjoyed this little review.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 12:57:12 PM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
Re: Luke ANH with pics and comparison with Esb, Ani Rots and Graflex replica.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 03:46:31 AM »
Great pics man! Congratz on your new saber.  It was about time it came in.

On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Dark Helmet

• Force User
  • Hail Skroob!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:12:39 AM »
The third thing i've noticed was the horrible clamp of the emitter and the false "rabbit ears" ! what a pity, what a shame! They've done it really well with teh ESB. Why the xxx they did that on this one!!!

I have received mines just a few of minutes ago and i was going to post the same thing: the saber is almost perfect, and in my opinion the best released from mr so far. but i have to agree with you: the fake rabbit ears sucks; the plastic ring instead of the metallic one makes the blade rattle. the one on the ESB was the perfect one, and if it was used in this saber it would have been the top!
LS Owned:

+ Yoda's Graflex V (Luke ESB Replica) -a masterpiece-
+ Cyan Luxeon III Anakin ROTS

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 11:52:52 AM »
Hey Louis - congratulations, I'm glad it finally arrived, I remember reading a post ages ago when you were waiting for it  ;D

It's a shame it's not the ESB build quality and to scale... it still looks a fine saber though, the correct scaling is a big bonus and it being loud and bright can only be a good thing.

Thanks for taking the time to share the pics

Congrats on receiving yours as well Dark Helmet  ;)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 12:15:57 PM »
Topic has been unlocked again.

Enjoy the post reformat! ;)

(Took me forever!)  ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 12:58:40 PM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 01:59:35 PM »
The rabbit ears,... are they plastic too?
They did this with the first release of the Ani.
Later on, they brought out the metal one I have now.
I think that they repeat this again.
Mine is on his way, but I'm thinking of selling it again instead of the Ani, and wait for a new release FX-Q lightsaber.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »
Wow nice pictures there Louis!  :o

Love the close up ones and definitely looks accurate if not pretty xxx close to the original graflex.  I'm glad people are finally receiving theirs.

Offline Dark Helmet

• Force User
  • Hail Skroob!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 02:36:11 PM »
The rabbit ears,... are they plastic too?
They did this with the first release of the Ani.
Later on, they brought out the metal one I have now.
I think that they repeat this again.
Mine is on his way, but I'm thinking of selling it again instead of the Ani, and wait for a new release FX-Q lightsaber.

The "ears" are metallic, but the ring is chromed plastic like anakin rots. the ears and the ring are not connected togheter, that's why the blade rattle.
LS Owned:

+ Yoda's Graflex V (Luke ESB Replica) -a masterpiece-
+ Cyan Luxeon III Anakin ROTS

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 04:07:06 PM »
I really regret pre-ordering this now.  As Luke would say "What a piece of junk!"  If you step back and look at this saber objectively, here what has changed for the better since the Luke ESB:

-More Accurate Scale
-Better sound

Here is what has changed for the worse

-Less accurate Blade color
-Poorer construction quality (blade rattle, fake rabbit ears)
-Less accurate detail (hideous blobs under button and glass eye, fake rabbit ears)

I'm not so sad about MR losing there license any more.  Everyone is so hyped up about the most iconic saber of all time finally being released that they seem to have lost there objectivity.  This is a half assed piece of junk.  The hideous blobs under the glass eye and button were enough to piss me off.  The blade rattle and fake rabbit ears really complete the package.  Piece of junk.  I won't bother opening mine...I don't think I'll bother buying any more MR garbage either.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 05:57:46 PM »
 ;D
congrats louis on your lightsaber.I'm looking forward for mine!! :o :D

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »
Nice review. Can't wait for my pre-order to come. I have a junked ESB from my Luke ROTJ V2 conversio. I wonder if I could rig something with my ESB ears? Hmmmmm.....
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 07:47:38 PM »
Louis -

Nice review. It's too bad your saber rattles: mine has never had this problem. As for the other issues you had, I guess I just didn't mind them nearly as much, as I'm sure you guessed from my earlier review. The ESB saber seems to be a favorite of yours, but for its nice touches, it's simply way too big.

Nice review. Can't wait for my pre-order to come. I have a junked ESB from my Luke ROTJ V2 conversio. I wonder if I could rig something with my ESB ears? Hmmmmm.....

Not likely, unless you're willing to cut a slot through the barrel of the hilt for the ears to fit through.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 08:01:43 PM »
I really regret pre-ordering this now.  As Luke would say "What a piece of junk!"  If you step back and look at this saber objectively, here what has changed for the better since the Luke ESB:

-More Accurate Scale
-Better sound

Here is what has changed for the worse

-Less accurate Blade color
-Poorer construction quality (blade rattle, fake rabbit ears)
-Less accurate detail (hideous blobs under button and glass eye, fake rabbit ears)

I'm not so sad about MR losing there license any more.  Everyone is so hyped up about the most iconic saber of all time finally being released that they seem to have lost there objectivity.  This is a half assed piece of junk.  The hideous blobs under the glass eye and button were enough to piss me off.  The blade rattle and fake rabbit ears really complete the package.  Piece of junk.  I won't bother opening mine...I don't think I'll bother buying any more MR garbage either.

I'm not overly impressed with it either... I just think people expected a little more authenticity in the construction
from MR on this particular saber.

For those that want something more authentic that's why there are Graflex Replicas ;) ;)

I have already converted my Luke ANH to a Luxeon and since it poses a small disassembly issue I haven't posted anything
on it yet, but even the insides have become much more "sparse" :D

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 08:05:10 PM »
You should post a tutorial on how to disassemble the saber Master Yoda. :)  I want to disassemble one when I get it and make it into a Luxeon.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 08:20:18 PM »
You should post a tutorial on how to disassemble the saber Master Yoda. :)  I want to disassemble one when I get it and make it into a Luxeon.

I've got another coming so I'll do a tutorial on that one ;)

I got everything apart cleanly but there is one piece that will cause problems for anyone
so I'll try to find a way around it on this next one and post the tutorial and most likely sell that saber soon after 8)

retrousse