fiduciary

Author Topic: Common issue with Prizm?  (Read 3993 times)

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
Re: Common issue with Prizm?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 04:35:12 PM »
Unless youre buying directly from sandisc or your supplier is, they probably wont be of much help. The market is flooded with fakes and has been for years.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 10:52:27 PM »
The ones we got so far (aside some of the most recent batch) perform on par like sandisk ones (tested and benchmarked). In particular, their writing speed (bottleneck of flash tech) matches the card class (4).
To be noted also that "clones" or so called "fakes" are sometimes (often) made in the same factories with the same tech as the official brand, output either with no name, brand X or the real deal. Some of the ones we got rather look like cards that got rejected from QC due to their lower performance.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 10:57:57 PM »
I've received your board earlier this week, I'll have a look at it today or tomorrow

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 02:06:34 AM »
Thanks. Emails get sent directly to my phone but i dont alwahs check here.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2017, 06:56:44 AM »
I have adjusted your board boot settings to match PZ5. Let me know if you're ok with this. I'll send the board back with some additional SD cards to compensate for your shipping cost to my place.

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2017, 07:19:50 AM »
I cant hear the static so thats good. If youre happy you cant hear it in person then send it back to me. I dont need any additional sd cards. Can you not refund the postage on paypal?

Thanks

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 07:24:40 AM »
I unfortunately can't refund the postage out of no where as I didn't issue the transaction with you first place and my accountant will break my thumb.
This is why I was offering the SD cards.

[edit] : I forgot to add I filmed this with my rodhe mike on the phone (directional high quality microphone). Just to say it's indeed reflecting what I hear in person and there's not chirp where there was one before.

I cant hear the static so thats good. If youre happy you cant hear it in person then send it back to me. I dont need any additional sd cards. Can you not refund the postage on paypal?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:27:00 AM by erv »

Offline Zephyr37

• Force User
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 11:43:14 AM »
Hi Erv

Thanks for all the information on here. My Prizm also does the same thing. I read all the previous messages in this thread, but just to clarify, let me know if I understand this correctly. Basically, the problem is with the quality of the SD card, and it can be fixed by getting a better quality SD card OR by using the same SD card but changing a setting on the SD card? Is that correct? Am I able to fix this problem myself on my Prizm by just making an adjustment on the SD card?

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2017, 04:35:15 PM »
Ypu showed me the postage cost so youre aware of what i paid. I dont understand the reason it cant be refunded but fair enough. Send the bits back to me as soon as possible. Thanks

I unfortunately can't refund the postage out of no where as I didn't issue the transaction with you first place and my accountant will break my thumb.
This is why I was offering the SD cards.

[edit] : I forgot to add I filmed this with my rodhe mike on the phone (directional high quality microphone). Just to say it's indeed reflecting what I hear in person and there's not chirp where there was one before.

Thanks

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 07:50:17 AM »
Ypu showed me the postage cost so youre aware of what i paid. I dont understand the reason it cant be refunded but fair enough. Send the bits back to me as soon as possible. Thanks

I will post it tomorrow morning with 2 additional SD cards by small parcels + tracking number.

Hi Erv
Thanks for all the information on here. My Prizm also does the same thing. I read all the previous messages in this thread, but just to clarify, let me know if I understand this correctly. Basically, the problem is with the quality of the SD card, and it can be fixed by getting a better quality SD card OR by using the same SD card but changing a setting on the SD card? Is that correct? Am I able to fix this problem myself on my Prizm by just making an adjustment on the SD card?

The quality of the SD card impacts the chirp duration and loudness. I have patched the v4 firmware to reflect the changes we did on the boot code in the V5 to suppress this sensitivity.
The cards we got with the Prizm v4 were good, so I don't think you can really improve this behavior with "better" cards. I'm happy to reflash your board with the patched firmware if you send it to me. Please note however I will be out of town a bit in July, so please PM me to find the best spot to ship it to me, if you wish it so.

retrousse