fiduciary

Author Topic: Graflex Kits (Projects) for Members Reminder PLEASE READ  (Read 7606 times)

Offline Maximillian

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Experienced Force User
  • Official FX-SABERS GRAFLEX ARMORY Guardian
Graflex Kits (Projects) for Members Reminder PLEASE READ
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:49:39 PM »
In an effort to keep this area more streamlined, I am moving non "Yoda" chassis and other Graflex chassis developments to the custom gallery HERE. As I hope you all understand, This area is reserved for those building (or in process of) Graflex sabers built with Master Yoda's Chassis.

We do encourage innovation from our Forum users and we hope to see more creativity in the future. Please post your ideas and or developments in the Forum Gallery.
Any non-related topics here will be moved without question.

Thanks.
Darth Vader

Offline Gabywan

• Master Force User
  • Que nunca muera el niño que llevamos adentro...
Re: Graflex Kits (Projects) for Members Reminder PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 02:21:39 PM »
In an effort to keep this area more streamlined, I am moving non "Yoda" chassis and other Graflex chassis developments to the custom gallery HERE. As I hope you all understand, This area is reserved for those building (or in process of) Graflex sabers built with Master Yoda's Chassis.

We do encourage innovation from our Forum users and we hope to see more creativity in the future. Please post your ideas and or developments in the Forum Gallery.
Any non-related topics here will be moved without question.

Thanks.
Darth Vader

Hi Maxi!!! ;D

I see that you have been name administrator!! congratulations man.
You deserve it, especially bearing in mind that you are very little time ago in the forum!! ;)

With all respect towards you and the forum, I wanted to express my disagreement with the change of section.
For 4 months that I am a member of fx sabers, I have posted in this section and I have seen many people who also does it ...
why? who is the point in common? GRAFLEX.

The whole info that you moved to another section is on the wonderful world of the graflex, projects and very pretty works
they have stayed in a section that does not say anything on the topic...

this is the title of the topic:

FX-SABERS & GraflexShop 'GRAFLEX FX-SABERS'
Reviews & discussion for Graflex Based Hilts ( Parks and Vintage )
Child Boards: Graflex Kits (Projects) for Members, Darth Vader ROTJ

inside this one:

Graflex Kits (Projects) for Members
is Yoda helping you build your own Graflex? show/discuss it here...

I believe that there is not very clear the following idea:

' This area is reserved for those building (or in process of) Graflex sabers built with Master Yoda's Chassis "... (written by you)

Gaby!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:25:03 PM by Gabywan »

Offline Matt Thorn

• Experienced Force User
    • Köjin Köbö
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 07:13:36 AM »
Forgive the necroposting, but I must agree with Gabywan. I would like to do my own Graflex conversion. I have enormous admiration ("awe" might be a better word) for Yoda's Graflex sabers, and I know I could never hope to match his work. But some of us nonetheless want to, you know, DIY. I've been searching the forums for information on converting Graflex replica flashguns (such as those sold at Parks' GraflexSabers.com and TCSS), but everywhere I look, I see the same message: commission Yoda to do it. It seems odd that there is not a forum dedicated to DIY, non-Yoda Graflex conversions. The Forum Gallery seems like a terrible place to hide any and all non-Yoda Graflex threads. It almost seems as if forum members are being actively discouraged from doing Graflex projects that do not involve Yoda in some way or another. One would think that somewhere on these forums there would a stickied tutorial on converting a Graflex flashgun to a high-power LED saber, but if it's there, I haven't been able to uncover it.
There's always a bigger fish.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 08:47:49 AM »
One would think that somewhere on these forums there would a stickied tutorial on converting a Graflex flashgun to a high-power LED saber, but if it's there, I haven't been able to uncover it.
Gaby's thread is a great one. Not too long after that, Dann made one as well.
I remember Chewie did his DIY as well (back when he was still Darth_Call), and that thread is somewhere too.

I agree that there should at least be a child board, or something for all the DIY chassis or DIY Graflex conversions.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 09:01:52 AM »
The Forum Gallery seems like a terrible place to hide any and all non-Yoda Graflex threads. It almost seems as if forum members are being actively discouraged from doing Graflex projects that do not involve Yoda in some way or another.

No one is discouraging anyone from building anything.

Point is, the "Yoda Graflex threads" are Yoda's area to display his work, or his DIY kits.

The request Vader has made is simply to streamline that area of the forum, .....it is no different than a member posting his work in Gemini Area, or LDM custom sabers and the thread getting moved to a more conducive area of the forums.

As far as a dedicated subforum for non-Yoda graflex, ....let's PM Darth Vader and see if he can do that.

Also, no one is discouraging any sber build, graflex or otherwise. If u want a complete DIY, check gaby's chassis threads, or any of the many threads that use a Yoda DIY Kit, ...the build is same, how u support your crystal or your sound options is up to your own imagination, ...which Gaby has proven to be quite a powerful tool.

That said, ...one of the projects on my bench is an ESB Graflex hilt using an older version of Yoda's DIY that we will "hack up" to support a quartz crystal, ......good Lord, I have no clue where to post that once it's built, ... :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:04:55 AM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline Matt Thorn

• Experienced Force User
    • Köjin Köbö
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 11:05:58 PM »
Jasher, Chewbacca, thanks for the responses. To be sure, non-Yoda Graflex DIY threads don't belong under "FX-SABERS Graflex Armory & GraflexShop 'GRAFLEX FX-SABERS'." But since Graflex/Heiland replica sabers are one of the pillars of sabersmithing, it just seems natural to have a sub-forum somewhere for builds, DIY info and tips.
There's always a bigger fish.

retrousse