fiduciary

Author Topic: LARP Safe foam blades?  (Read 744 times)

Offline Choos

• Padawan Learner
  • Yep new
LARP Safe foam blades?
« on: August 15, 2017, 08:07:37 PM »
Hi all,

Does anyone know where to obtain LARP safe foam lightsaber blades suitable for LED driver sabers that accept standard 1" blades?

I see a LARP sword making company (Calimacil) are still working on theirs, were very successful in their Kickstarter and when launched  I am positive will clean up.

Only trick is I have no idea what dimension Calimacil blades are likely to be and would actually like to use my saber in a LARP without the risk of injuring someone with the polycarbonate blade.

Half way through writing this post I thought I would give another shot and googling the answer and did see the below.

How to make a glowing larp lightsaber [v1.1] - Foamsmithing

I suppose that guide could be helpful as a last resort but wonder for the thickness would it be better to have an offcut 1" thin walled blade as the converter/end for the saber with a 7/8" clear blade wrapped in foam?

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
Re: LARP Safe foam blades?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 06:24:04 AM »
Makoto made some videos with a foam over-piece that he just slid over the regular 1" blade. It made the lightsaber blade huge, but "safer" for hitting. Perhaps try finding some 1" ID white foam tubing. It is hard enough finding foam tubing for the inside of string blade lightsabers as is so good luck.

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

retrousse