fiduciary

Author Topic: Charity Raffle for CHOWSER's son  (Read 14737 times)

Offline jedi_bailinski

• Force User
  • From a certain point of view, anything is possible
    • www.kmcollect.com
Re: Charity Auction for CHOWSER's son from Equnox Sabers
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 04:30:05 PM »
One winner. :)

http://  www. kmcollect.com
See my ebay feedback ID: Kitemare
Master Replicas Authorized Retailer

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 06:00:42 PM »
great! more tickets i must get  8)
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 07:03:04 PM »
I PMed you about changing my name on the list to my forum name, Equinox.  But then I remembered I'm a moderator. :D  Bump.
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 03:05:48 AM »
Great news this is indeed about the Yoda saber. Thanks to Jedi Ballinski for his generosity.
That should really encourage more people to enter.  ;) Bump  ;)

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 06:28:23 AM »
Hey I just sent my $5 USD (I made sure I didn't send Canadian haha) to help out. Hope that helps out.
"Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium."- Ki-Adi-Mundi

Offline Chowser

• Master Force User
  • Greetings Program!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 05:48:05 PM »
I just want to take a moment and thank everyone for their love and support through all this.  It's nice to know that Star Wars fans are really like an extended family.  I never knew surgery would cost so much.  My newborn son being born was cheaper than this.   My oldest had a broken jaw, multiple facial fractures and lost most of his teeth and because we are using out of network providers, our insurance isn't covering everything, but I want the best for my kids, the in-network people said, we're just gonna fix it and he'll have to make do, that's not what I want for my kids, so I've since sold my PS3 and Wii and some swords, etc. and we're getting this together.  I just finished fighting my insurance company a few months ago and now I have to fight them again because my city is switching carriers on the 1st, so I have to file some paperwork so the old insurance can finish paying everything because the new company says this is all preexisting. 

Again, I want to thank JSS and Jedi_bailinski and everyone else here at FX-Sabers.

:'(

That's tears of happiness.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 06:48:14 PM »
I know what you mean chowser, I'm dealing with "pre-existing" condition issues as well
I hope it will work out in a way you can afford to switch etc...

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 03:24:50 AM »
That's harsh, Chowser. You pay for insurance for years, never claiming, and keeping the insurance company running, and then when you want to claim, they are reluctant to pay out.
There should be some sort of independent governing body for these insurance companies to ensure that they give their customers what they pay for. It's not as though they are short of cash.

Anyway, I hope everything works out well for you, and your son, in the end.

May the force be with you both.

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 04:15:55 AM »
I agree with chewbacca. I mean I don't know all about how health care and health insurance all work, and if it is different in the states then in canada. But it sounds like they are taking your money for nothing which is robbing the people. I mean in this day and age you would think that people would have the compassion to make health care and everything related free and top priority. I mean instead they are turning it around and using people's health for gain. Which is wrong, I mean they should put themselves in other peoples positions. Hopefully in the future stuff will change for the good. But until then we must help each other. Most people only look at one side of the story, their side, but you need to put yourself in shoes of others to really understand. So I hope everything works out for you Chowser and your son, and anyone else going through some rough times.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 05:01:38 AM »
Agreed, Ki-Adi. Healthcare should be free for all, especially those who cannot afford to pay for it privately.

Healthcare is indeed free (government funded, through taxes) in the UK. This brings its own problems, however. I work for an organization that provides healthcare for disabled people, and appealing to the government for funding can be every bit as frustrating as trying to pry money from the greedy hands of the insurance companies.
I deal with funding related healthcare issues every working day, and it irritates me that I have to spend my time doing this when I could be spending that time looking after the people I am paid to care for.

I guess that this is a personal bug-bear of mine, but it is a real-world issue that affects millions of people who, through no fault of their own, need medical attention that they just can't afford. The fact that greedy insurance companies and misinformed governments stand in the way of that care is, in my opinion, one of the greatest travesties of the civilized world.

I think every one here is thinking of Chowser's predicament, and it warms my heart to see the generosity of those who have contributed to the raffle. Remember, this is not just about winning, it is about making a difference and taking on a personal responsibility for the welfare of others.

It is a tribute to us all that we even bother, there are many that wouldn't.

That said, the more the merrier, so keep on giving, guys...

Sorry for the rant, I'll get off my soapbox now.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 05:04:33 AM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 05:32:33 AM »
I won't even think about winning.  We all know to "let the wookie win." :D  But this is all to help Chowser.  C'mon guys buy some more tickets, this is a great cause.
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 05:55:51 AM »
Ya if this was just an ordinary raffle, I wouldn't of bought a ticket. But because it was to help someone out I bought one. But we do need to get more people to participate in this. We can't force people, but it would be very helpful and Chowser would greatly appreciate anymore help. I just happened to have a paypal account already setup. It isn't that difficult to setup and account, and to send money. The more people that send the better.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 07:51:52 AM »
I won't even think about winning. We all know to "let the wookie win." :D

Lol! I like it!  :D

But this is all to help Chowser. C'mon guys buy some more tickets, this is a great cause.

I agree, we must keep on bumping this thread to draw people's attention to it. I'd like to think that people would help me if I were in a similar predicament.
That's the great thing about the internet, and about the Star Wars community-people you have never met from across the world can empathise with your situation and even help to do something about it.

Ya if this was just an ordinary raffle, I wouldn't of bought a ticket. But because it was to help someone out I bought one. But we do need to get more people to participate in this. We can't force people, but it would be very helpful and Chowser would greatly appreciate anymore help. I just happened to have a paypal account already setup. It isn't that difficult to setup and account, and to send money. The more people that send the better.

It is very easy to set up a paypal account and donate money, so c'mon everyone, there's no excuse!

*Bump*

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 08:32:43 AM »
Ya exactly I think the same way, that if I was in that predicament I would like to think others would help. And it isn't like 5 dollars is going to kill you to send to chowser. So please we need some more people to help send some money to chowser. Wouldn't you want us to do the same for you if you were in a similar situation? Your only $5 away from good karma.

Offline Equinox

• Experienced Force User
  • An Elegant Weapon From A More Civilized Age.
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 10:49:02 AM »
Were at 10 tickets.  Thanks to everyone who is participating and keeping this going.  I would love to see us sell 100 tickets.  Those of you you who check out other forums, feel free to pass the word. 

Equinox

retrousse