fiduciary

Author Topic: Hello from YODA updates (some good and bad news)  (Read 14677 times)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
Re: Hello from YODA updates (some good and bad news)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 01:54:52 PM »
Hello everyone

I thank you all for the well wishes and assure you I am going to what I can continue on its just
a lot of adjustments to deal with as I have been diagnosed with a severe form of COPD and it will
affect my life work etc...
Getting "better" isn't a real option I just need to do what I can to stop getting worse.

But building Sabers is what I do and all I know now so I will do what I must  :jediblue:

MTFBWY
always
YODA
 :yoda:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:56:24 PM by Yoda »

Offline Watto

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 02:47:02 PM »
Master Yoda, If able and you don't already do so Yoga is excellent for COPD. Also supplement with ubiquinol/CoQ10 and keep the medication/drugs minimal ideally not at all if possible.  Medical Dr's are not gods and don't know everything (no offence intended to any members), they often give a negative outlook when in reality things are far better and there is much hope for recovery. Anyway a good place to get ubiquinol/CoQ10 is online from Puritans Pride.   :smiley:   
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 04:41:16 PM by Watto »

Offline mancutd

• No Force
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 09:45:18 AM »
Hello Yoda. Just found this thread as i was looking for updates on your chassis. Feel quite bad now having discovered your ill health. Want to pass on my well wishes to you and hope you make a speedy recovery or at least a way of coping with COPD the best you can. Your health is more important to concentrate on then any Saber work and we will all wait patiently for Yoda to rise again. Best wishes and much love from the U.K

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
Re: Hello from YODA Health updates (some good and bad news)
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 01:10:21 PM »
Hello everyone

I truly thank you for the well wishes and I am doing what I need to to the best I can.

I didn't really want to disclose this because I feel there are those out there who are
going to take advantage of my current in ability to deal with things the way I used to
but I feel it is important for people to know.

The COPD I have been diagnosed with is Bullous Emphysema and it does not exactly get better.
this is also known as vanishing Lung so yeah not fun and there is mostly bleak outlooks but
I'm hanging in there and still moving forward the best I can and have talked to various
people with experience in this.

The biggest problem I have to face is the amount of particulates, contaminates, inhaled fumes etc...
which can lead to another Lung collapse thus becoming a life threatening situation so...
I have to make adjustments to my life and how I do things to keep it from getting worse
and still be able to continue on working and living doing what I do.

What do I do? well as you all know I make Graflex Lightsabers and created the Original Chassis system
back in 2005 which turned the "cutaway" lightsaber into the 3 dimensional chassis everyone has become
accustomed to providing an internal structure for housing electronics and crystal chambers in an
aesthetically and structurally sound format.

Before that there wasn't anything other than Master Replica Force FX clam shell components and the
classic cutaway chambers. Believe it or not that was it.

Now we all enjoy the concept of making an internal chassis to provide structure where there was none
and I am very proud of doing so and am continuing with the evolution of my Graflex chassis.

Please understand it is hard for me to talk to people right now as I am still seeing doctors to
determine where I am at and coming to grips with my own mortality and what I can continue to do etc...

I'm still ticking so please know I will do what I must to ensure fx-sabers continues to move forward.

I know that Do or Do not there is not try is what you all expect to hear but I must defer to
the quote me and the few old timers of this site will remember. :wink:

Never Give up, Never Surrender  :exclaim:

May the Force be with You
always
YODA

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:19:29 PM by Yoda »

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 01:30:37 PM »
Master Yoda,
As a long time member of this forum, (since 2009)  I can not tell you how much I have enjoyed the knowledge, the amazing evolution of the saber craft and the many fine folks who contribute here. I am truly thankful to you Master Yoda for creating FX Sabers Forum and giving me a chance to feel like a kid again each and every time I play with one of my light sabers or when I see an amazing light saber creation in pictures or in a video.  You have created a haven for people to remember the joy of being a kid again and recalling that first ever scene in Star Wars ANH when Luke ignites his father's lightsaber for the first time!

Please do whatever you need to take care of your self and MTFBWY!

Howard

Offline PoesRaven1845

• No Force
  • Sleep, those little slices of death; how I loath
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 12:05:36 PM »
I know I just got here but having a mother with COPD I can only imagine how getting that news must have been. I hope the doctors are able to help alleviate your symptoms and that your work and passions do not exacerbate your condition. I recently arrived tot eh forums and as I read through them I am in awe by the people and plethora of information there is available.
Flowing through all, there is balance
There is no peace without a passion to create
There is no passion without peace to guide
Knowledge stagnates without the strength to act
Power blinds without the serenity to see
There is freedom in life
There is purpose in death
The Force is all things and I am the Force

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
  • Listen Yaddle, I'm gonna need to borrow your car!
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 07:54:46 PM »
Hello everyone

I thank you all for the well wishes and assure you I am going to what I can continue on its just
a lot of adjustments to deal with as I have been diagnosed with a severe form of COPD and it will
affect my life work etc...
Getting "better" isn't a real option I just need to do what I can to stop getting worse.

But building Sabers is what I do and all I know now so I will do what I must  :jediblue:

MTFBWY
always
YODA

We are all praying for you Master Yoda!
Physical illness can suck, so please rest up and take as much time as you need :)

When you do come back,
Don't forget us on the waitlist :)
We are patiently waiting to see your master pieces come back to life :)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2016, 01:59:26 AM »
Hello everyone

First I thank those of you for your understanding and compassion as it is appreciated and actually
helps motivate me to keep going.

I do apologize for not getting things completed sooner, I don’t blame anyone for being disappointed
and I am more disappointed with my lack of production than anyone.
This as you can imagine causes a great deal of stress on top of things so it makes taking the steps
needed to make improvements even more difficult to stick to.

I can assure you I don’t want to be going through what I have been experiencing.
I have no way to properly explain or express what I have been going through with this and what
effect it has had on many aspects of my life.

For a while there I thought things were getting better and I had focused on completing the remainder
of my prototype systems and applying the revised look to my original chassis system.

Unfortunately my health problems did become compounded and it has been difficult getting things done
I have been in pain and my doctors have not been able to help with it much (or properly) so I have had
to look to other means of dealing with it.
One of the problems has been the fact that I haven’t been able to sleep for more than a few hours at a
time for many months now, and lately the recent cold weather is very difficult to deal with.
The reality is there is little that can be done to permanently improve my condition and sometimes it
hurts so bad its like having the wind knocked out of you and it can be difficult to get back up.

To be perfectly honest for a while I have simply not wanted to talk to anyone and deal with anything
and I have actually needed to accept what has happened to me.
(also why I have not responded to PM messages for so long)
Recently I feel I am managing it better or possibly just getting used to it.

I can assure everyone that this is not what I had in mind for this year however I don't want to give up
and I’m again back to focusing on getting back on track to keep moving forward.

For the 2.0 chassis I was not satisfied with the way some parts were coming out so I needed to do
some revisions and will be doing so.

For the Replica/Vintage chassis I was in the process of doing the updates based on my prototype
looks I was creating this year in my latest systems and am nearly done with that.

I have been getting back to moving forward with my plans for again offering completed sabers
send in orders, chassis kits etc…
Again I will be revising the way I do things so I can deal with taking and fulfilling orders more proficiently.

Some items like chassis kits may very well wind up being sold through a store front but I will have
to work that out with other Saber Guild members.

Once I have completed items to show I promise I will post them and re-open/update the topics.

Again I truly apologize for the delays but I am getting back at making progress.
Thank you for your understanding and patience
MTFBWY
always
YODA :yoda:

P.S.
I will try to log in later this week and respond to some PM messages :wink:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 02:04:20 AM by Yoda »

Offline Khal

• Formerly known as Khal1993
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2016, 03:29:01 AM »
Always put your health first Yoda. It's great to hear you're feeling a bit better but your health is a priority.

Keep up the amazing work and thank you for all the contributions you have made to this ever growing hobby. I wish you all the best going forward and hope that you everything works out.

Khal :)

Offline Kanjiklub

• Force User
  • Those Little Freaks
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2016, 04:33:15 AM »
Get well. Can't wait to see the new design.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2016, 06:55:18 AM »
Good luck managing your pain and health troubles we all do hope you get back to 100% or as close to that as possible.

What you are going through must be really tough on a day-to-day basis. Best of luck and feel better soon,

Looking forward to seeing all your future projects,

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2016, 09:16:43 AM »
I've had my own issues and sometimes people find it hard to accept, and we struggle in silence.  I'm enheartened to see the support here for you, and I hope for the best for you.

Offline Watto

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2016, 12:00:41 PM »
It really sucks to lose things but it can always be worse.  Every next breath for anyone is a blessing and waking up to each day is a bonus.  Continue to stay strong and hang in there Master Yoda.   :smiley:   

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 01:28:17 PM »
Happy Thanks Giving Master Yoda! Your the heart and soul of this forum and we all want you happy and healthy. Take care of yourself first. The sabers that you create are amazing works of art, but they can wait!

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 02:38:44 PM »
Praying for you my friend.

retrousse