fiduciary

Author Topic: Tokala's Anakin ROTS Review.  (Read 14987 times)

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
Re: Tokala's Anakin ROTS Review.
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2005, 04:10:41 PM »
If the newer ones are constructed of more metal, especially that band clamp, I might consider getting one!

Anakin, have you considered changing Mace AOTC to MACE ROTS?

Actually....

the Gamestop here just got some in, but they are selling them for $119 in store.  I think I might order one from the site for $99 with Free Shipping:  FREESHIPALL  is the coupon code.

That way I can have both and I would actually handle the ROTS version and keep the AOTC "red blade mistake on box" for display.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2005, 04:14:09 PM »
If the newer ones are constructed of more metal, especially that band clamp, I might consider getting one!

Anakin, have you considered changing Mace AOTC to MACE ROTS?

Actually....

the Gamestop here just got some in, but they are selling them for $119 in store.  I think I might order one from the site for $99 with Free Shipping:  FREESHIPALL  is the coupon code.

That way I can have both and I would actually handle the ROTS version and keep the AOTC "red blade mistake on box" for display.

You're starting to have a quite lightsaber collection, :o

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2005, 04:27:57 PM »
I am trying to catch up with him
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Kyle Katarnn

• Formerly know as Kyle Katarn
  • Master Force User
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable, Solo.
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2005, 09:21:13 PM »
That's a nice collection  Anakin has I wish I could catch up but I gotta take care for my expenses first. I'll buy more thought.

Offline massoh2

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2005, 03:46:39 PM »
I bought my Anakin ROTS at Comic Con this July (17th I think). It's all "metal" (not really, because they told me it feels a lot like metal, and are cold, just like real metal, but are not REAL metal.) It feels very dense and not flimsy like plastic. But the gold on/off switch still is metal, and it scratches off pretty easily. Still a very solid saber. The grips are too hard though, I think. It feels hard rather than comfortable as a grip (like Mace 2005). I really would like to know how a Luke ESB feels like though. Too bad I would be slain for getting another one lol.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2005, 04:16:22 PM »
Well, as of right now, I put a hold on getting another Mace since MR "found" the TESB Lukes hidden in the warehouse.  All my ROTS Windu money went to that cause I really wanted one to keep Pristine. 

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline toos

• Master Force User
  • That's Treason!
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2005, 08:46:21 PM »
WOW GUYS! I'VE BEEN WANTING MY ANAKIN ROTS FFX SABER SINCE LATE JUNE 2005! I'M FINALLY GETTING IT THIS X-MAS HOLIDAY! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!? FINALLY! I SHALL ME COMPLETE ONCE MORE! MUHUAHAHA...annyways....good reviews guys...LOL

cya all later!
Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

Offline Kyle Katarnn

• Formerly know as Kyle Katarn
  • Master Force User
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable, Solo.
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2005, 08:51:08 PM »
WOW GUYS! I'VE BEEN WANTING MY ANAKIN ROTS FFX SABER SINCE LATE JUNE 2005! I'M FINALLY GETTING IT THIS X-MAS HOLIDAY! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!? FINALLY! I SHALL ME COMPLETE ONCE MORE! MUHUAHAHA...annyways....good reviews guys...LOL

cya all later!

If this one is your first FX you'll definately like it congrats, keep in mind that these are addictive and once you got one you'll want to buy another one.  ;)

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2005, 08:53:56 PM »
Well, as of right now, I put a hold on getting another Mace since MR "found" the TESB Lukes hidden in the warehouse.  All my ROTS Windu money went to that cause I really wanted one to keep Pristine. 

No doubt a very wise move Anakin.  There will be plenty of time for aquiring the Windu, who knows how long the Luke ESB will be available.

Offline massoh2

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2005, 12:32:31 PM »
I concur. The Anakin ROTS is a great first saber. Now that I've gotten used to it, I think it's the best saber available now, even better than the Luke ROTJ! Its brightness can give the Luke ROTJ a run for its money, the sound is better (more clear, and just as loud, if not louder), the hilt is accurate (no fat neck problems), and a nice metal look to it, rather than plasticky lik the Luke ROTJ. Oh and it doesn't look like a fencing sword either! The Luke ROTJ, if you point if at yourself, looks like a fencing sword lol!!! I thought it kinda funny, I was jabbing at my friend with the Luke ROTJ and he's like "Why'd you buy the fencing sword saber?". I actually prefer the placement of the button on the Anakin, as if you place the bottom of your hand on the coarse metal-ish ring where the control box is, you can duel without accidentally turning it off. The grips at the bottom are great for holding with your "off" hand (left for me).

Oh and CONGRATS to KYLE KATARN!!! You're getting one of the brightest, loudest, clearest, most accurate, and hopefully all "metal" (rabbit ear thingies at the top? OH AND THEY SERVER AS A GRIP! PUT YOUR INDEX FINGER BELOW THE PAIR OF "EARS" AND SLIGHTLY ABOVE THE INDENTED GOLD KNOB!) sabers available now! Better hurry if you're buying from a store, cuse it's almost Christmas, and all the places around me: Gamestop, Borders x3, Best Buy x2 are ALL SOLD OUT OF FX SABERS FOR CHRISTMAS! I was lucky to get my Luke ROTJ, it was the last one Border's had!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 12:42:00 PM by massoh2 »

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »
Here are some pictures to clear up the debate.  I tried to get some pictures of the brass pins of both of my Anakins(first release with plastic and revised release with metal), but they were too small and couldn't get them in to focus.  I've taken apart the original Anakin and am converting it to an AOTC, and many of the pieces on it were damaged in the process, so their coating came off and I could see the material they were made of.  I drilled off the rabbit ears on the top and they are indeed aluminum.
These are pics of my newer Anakin.  Sorry I didn't polish it up first.  You can also see I flipped around the control box so its more duelable now(thanks for the idea, Yoda)

I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2005, 12:27:28 PM »
Ah yes Switching around the control box Helps doesn't it ;) :D

( just becareful of those thin wires everyone ;))

Anyway you are right in the eary Anakins had the Plastic pins and the new ones have metal.
Much better looking and removeable when needed :)

And in your journey to make it the AOTC version jedigear.com has Chromed emitter hoods
like the one I used on my Anakin 2.0 in the Gallery ;)

good luck with the rest of your conversion
MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2006, 04:28:32 PM »
I don't mind the control box the way it is because I rarley ever hit the switch.

Nothing Is Impossible

retrousse