fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Shard 4.5 flame effect  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
  • Powerful the dark side is.
Crystal Shard 4.5 flame effect
« on: June 24, 2018, 01:19:13 PM »
I finally started experimenting with the crystal shatd 4.5 modes. There are three. Unstable, rain, and flame effect. You switch between one effect and another by holding the action button while the saber is inactive. It makes a distinct noise for unstable, a different noise for rain, and says "Rival" when it's back to normal. It appears that with both my sabers I don't get the third flame effect. Does anyone know if I'm missing something? Am I supossed to do something difgerent to activate it? Here is a video I posted about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Vader's Vault Crystal Shard 4.5 Double Dark Rival - YouTube
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:16:17 AM by Dark Lord 4 »
JM

Offline koonfasa

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Crystal Shard 4.5 flame effect
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 01:55:51 AM »
I got a double Wrath mid April and just missed out on this awesome update. But I had to send one back and it got updated! Now if I’m wondering if I should send the other one back. That would Cost me $150.

I cycle colours so often.

Anyway the timing for the LED switch flashing is different. The updated hilt goes to sleep much much later but the only differences are qon, qoff and shft (what’s the last parameter? Can’t find it mentioned anywhere).

Offline jm_klubigan

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 06:33:25 AM »
Hi, let me reassure you that your saber is fine. The new blade effects - flame, unstable, rain - need to be activated on your SD card and the parameters need to be set accordingly. The sound that the saber makes when you hold down the aux button informs you that you have just changed sound banks, also known as fonts. Your saber came with 3 preloaded, you can add up to 3 more - you can purchase those at saberfont.com if you want more. Each font has a configuration file with different effect settings unique to that font.
The effects you are seeing are the stock legacy effects involving the flicker and pulse parameters - the new blade effects can be turned on and selected within each font's configuration file with the parameter named "unstable". Currently, it is set to 0 for all of your sound banks. All sabers from VV come that way. If you want to activate the new blade effects you will need to modify the settings on your SD card. You can read up on this at the VV website, here is the link:

New Plecter Pixel info and starter settings - Vader's Vault

If you don't know where to start and don't feel comfortable changing the setting's on your SD card, here is a beginners tutorial (remember to back-up your SD card before you try editing it!!):

Config files for NB and PC - YouTube

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 06:55:39 AM »
Thanks so much for the reply @jm_klubigan. I have read a bit about changing sounds etc. I didn't realize the 3 effects weren't automatically installed on the saber. TBH I'm Kinda nervous about taking out the SD card and messing with it. Just changing the batteries I worry about breaking something. There are wires and electronics that I don't want to get destroyed. But I will do my research. The first thing I would have to do is get a SD card reader for my CPU.
JM

Offline jm_klubigan

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 08:06:41 AM »
No problem! I would be happy to help you and answer any questions you might have. I have dialed in the parameters for the new blade effects to a point where I really like them and I would be happy to share the settings with you if you like and when you are ready.

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 11:25:34 AM »
Sounds great. I will pick up the SD card adapter and then I can experiment. I would like to put the unstable, rain, and flame effect on the saber. It was mentioned that 3 more sound fonts could be added. Would it be possible to put the sound from the VDR saber with the breathing effect on one? Vader is my all time favorite. Also, do you know of any interesting sound fonts from Darth Maul? My Son would LOVE that.
JM

Offline jm_klubigan

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 12:57:50 PM »
If there is a Vader themed font on your incoming VDR hilt, you can definitely copy it to your rival hilts. As far as specific Maul fonts, I am not well versed on them, but I am sure saberfont.com has what you are looking for. Additonally, you can change the boot sound of one or both of the fonts already installed on your rival hilts to use Darth Maul quotes when the font is selected or started up from deep sleep.

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 04:17:37 AM »
That sounds perfect. I ordered a SD reader for my cpu. I will experiment with some stuff I guess. I'm still nervous about it. I'm not waiting on a VDR. I had ordered my 2 Rival's when it was released. I'm hoping for a second run of the VDR that is upgraded like the last run of the Star Killer. I love the realistic internal saber with the light up effects and all.
JM

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 08:42:31 AM »
So now exactly what I was afraid of happening actually happened. I purchased sound fonts from saberfont.com. I watched videos and educated myself on how to add the 3 more fonts and how to back up the default settings. I removed the SD card and backed up the default settings, then added the new Darth Maul and Vader fonts I purchased. I added unstable and flame effects to some of the fonts. I put them together and the new sound fonts and effects are awesome! My Son is loving the new Maul sound fonts. But then we noticed that one of my RGB switches no longer functions! I charged the battery and reset the SD card back to the original settings. Still the RGB switch doesn't light. Apparently me messing with the xxx thing as careful as I was, somehow I still screwed up something to where my switch doesn't light. Now I have to send this back. :(

I absolutely hate taking these apart even to change the batteries. Has anyone experienced anything similar?
JM

Offline koonfasa

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 05:34:20 AM »
The batteries are a pretty snug fit and I dunno how to use that pick.

I’ve started playing around with these new effects. The flame one is pretty cool. I just moved some of the default colours over the FoC ones. One turned a real deep purple when it fades at the tip. I’d like to replicate that colour for the whole blade.

Only thing is I can’t tell which of the 16 colour settings it was. It’s much nicer not having to press both buttons to change colours though.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 05:41:09 AM by koonfasa »

Offline koonfasa

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 05:46:50 AM »
I’ve just duplicated the three sound banks and put the 16 colour profiles into each banks config.
 I’ve set:
1) unstable 1 vol1
2) unstable 2 vol1
3) unstiable 3 vol1
4) 50% VV vol2
5) 80% VV vol3
6) 100% VV vol4

retrousse