fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke A New Hope Review By Sora Skywalker  (Read 6086 times)

Offline Sora Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
Luke A New Hope Review By Sora Skywalker
« on: January 09, 2008, 11:49:25 PM »
Sorry i havent been on here ive been busy moved a few weeks ago ect and stuff this is probably the longest review ive done i dunno any ways

Decided i would do a review hours after i bought it and now it is finally here, after days of being inpatient the saber arrives, it fits nicely into my collection So here we go into the review

Luke A New Hope

Luke Skywalker was introduced to the weapon of the jedi knights by Obi-Wan Kenobi, And his life as a farm boy on the backwater desert world of tatooine was changed forever, Catapulted by a series of events set in motion many years before his birth, Luke began the adventure of a lifetime to rescue a princess and ended up a hero of the rebellion against the evil Galatic Empire.

Copied from the box

The Box:The box is great the picture on it is brilliant i really love this saber and the box

Pictures of the box:

The Hilt:The hilt is so beautiful better then the anakin rots hilt in my opinion, nice and lightweight its the lightest saber i have right now the activation switch is placed brilliantly i did a few spins with it as soon as i got it didnt turn off at all, Bellow i will be listing some attributes of the hilt

The Grips:Nice and sturdy these grips are good for taking a hold of, if you want a saber you can get a nice grip on this is the best one you can find im sure the grips of the other sabers are abit soft but these are nice not too soft at all gives you a better grip on every thing really

The Battery Compartment and the end cap:The battery compartment, is sleek easy to slide the battery pack into, the end cap does not jet out like the rest it screws inside of the saber which is very nice it doesnt get in the way at all

The Glass Eye Ect.:I love the glass eye it looks good and gives it the graflex look but not completely it doesnt look exactly like a graflex's glass eye, now to the next part the rabbit ears i think its what there called, they are nice as well in the Luke Empire Strikes Back theres a opening there and not on this one its sealed off, i do not own the luke esb but ive seen it haha next the red button i guess in this case it is more purple then red, it made me wanna push it and see if any thing happened but nothing did, it looks like a activation switch but is not, next there is a little door on the front of the hilt on the blade holder and the color of the blade comes out of that and the small square hole in the back of it the blade color leaks out of it pretty good

Pics Of The Hilt:

The Blade:The blade is super sturdy it isnt wobbly at all nice blade and every thing, even though mine came with a tiny black mark on it like a black chip of paint or something i dont know but any ways that doesnt matter, but i think ive concluded the blade is study and nice you want a saber with a sturdy blade once again this saber is for you

The Bright Blue Color:This saber is brighter then my anakin rots and obi rots and its also a lighter blue like almost cyan in my opinion, its a nice color and the brightness like mentioned before bleed's out of the door in the blade holder and the one in that back of the hilt on the top, i think this is probably the brightest of all my sabers that i have out of all six of my sabers this is the best and the brightest

Pics Of The Blade:

Over All Rating:10/10

This is definitely my favorite saber

~Some Of The Pics Might Be blurry And Grainy Looking~
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:51:41 PM by Sora Skywalker »

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Re: Luke A New Hope Review By Sora Skywalker
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 07:04:39 PM »
Nice review and nice pics. 

Many of the FXs have those little paint-like chips on the inside of the tube.  Actually, if you strike the blade against your hand in that area, you'll actually break those chips down to smaller pieces and eventually you won't even notice them. 

Yeah, the fake rabbit ears, and the loss of the third window as a result, is a big negative for this FX.  But it's a great saber nonetheless.  The color and brightness of the blade is great, and the clash sensor is top notch. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:00:57 PM by Jedimoves »

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 07:19:36 AM »
Nice review and welcome back. This is a great saber, the best MR did IMO.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
Unfortunately, this is my first FX and its still incredibly creaky and blade still slanted on sided badly! I will either get another one much later on or the new Hasbro's.

However, its the loudest and brightest FX'es I have!

B

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 10:41:59 AM »
 ;)

welcome back sora and great review!!Love that saber myself!! 8)

Offline Sora Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 10:54:56 AM »
Unfortunately, this is my first FX and its still incredibly creaky and blade still slanted on sided badly! I will either get another one much later on or the new Hasbro's.

However, its the loudest and brightest FX'es I have!

B

Then you must have a faulty saber that was probably messed up during the making or shipping cause my saber is absolutely perfect no slants or creakiness in site

Maybe you should get a new one soon or so on,

Thanks ben and i know you should love that saber you waited 30 years for it!

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 11:42:43 AM »
Actually, MANY of the Luke ANH FXs are in fact creaky - and the prior reviews will testify to that.  It's basically the luck of the draw with this particular saber.  But nevertheless, this FX is pretty good as a whole, and I'm happy with mine (which isn't creaky).

Offline Sora Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »
So i guess we both had that luck jedi moves

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 11:58:41 PM »
Nice review! And congrats on getting one of the "creakless" ones.

I'm glad more people who are receiving Luke ANHs are happy with them. For awhile last fall, a few people were really going overboard in slamming it, and I was starting to wonder if MR had cut corners on the ones that came out after mine. It's great that more people out there are getting quality Lukes.

retrousse