fiduciary

Author Topic: NeoPixel  (Read 806 times)

Offline Nick Knight

• Experienced Force User
NeoPixel
« on: January 21, 2020, 05:30:29 PM »
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this. 
Dose anyone out there make pre wired NeoPixel blades ready to be attached to a saber? I would not even need the blade just the guts inside to slide into my own. I just dont think it's within my ability to make anymore. If anyone knows or has a price and could let me know.

Thank you again.
"A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
"Choose what is right, not what is easy"

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
Re: NeoPixel
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 06:17:20 PM »
I know Vader’s Vault sells them.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 06:53:59 PM »
Nick - Lots of members of this forum make neo blades, including myself (for my own use) and many sell them (just watched Space Windu’s awesome string blade video last night!)

That said, I recommend that before you totally discount building yourself, watch the videos out there...TCSS/Madcow has a great one, Tom Tillman has a great one as well...it’s not child’s play, but also not all that tough with some basic tools, research and prep/planning. You can make your own for maybe 70 bucks and pay upwards of 150 to purchase a (likely we’ll made and sturdy) blade.

All of this said, if you have no interest in the build part, you have made your request at the right place...if I were looking to do so, I would buy from many of the elite sabersmiths and installers here...no shame, just encourage folks, if they are predisposed, to give it a go because I have so much fun since I started. Best of luck either way!

Offline Nick Knight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 06:25:44 AM »

It's not that I lack the skill. I used up put Lightsabers together all the time and shop on this forum. Had fun for years doing it. But in the last 3 years my hand shake more and more and  I can't solder anymore let alone really small components. So I pretty much had to give up the hobby or rely on others to help me put together things that I think of.

Nick - Lots of members of this forum make neo blades, including myself (for my own use) and many sell them (just watched Space Windu’s awesome string blade video last night!)

That said, I recommend that before you totally discount building yourself, watch the videos out there...TCSS/Madcow has a great one, Tom Tillman has a great one as well...it’s not child’s play, but also not all that tough with some basic tools, research and prep/planning. You can make your own for maybe 70 bucks and pay upwards of 150 to purchase a (likely we’ll made and sturdy) blade.

All of this said, if you have no interest in the build part, you have made your request at the right place...if I were looking to do so, I would buy from many of the elite sabersmiths and installers here...no shame, just encourage folks, if they are predisposed, to give it a go because I have so much fun since I started. Best of luck either way!
"A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 02:01:49 PM »

It's not that I lack the skill. I used up put Lightsabers together all the time and shop on this forum. Had fun for years doing it. But in the last 3 years my hand shake more and more and  I can't solder anymore let alone really small components. So I pretty much had to give up the hobby or rely on others to help me put together things that I think of.

Hey there Nick, if you want me to make you just the inside guts of the Neopixel blade with attached PCB on the bottom but no blade tube, I can do that for you. Of course I can make a complete blade if you're needing that as well.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 04:16:03 PM »
I can sympathize with the shaky hand issues I've got permanent shakes from torture when I was young but there are ways to help us still build: a good hobby vise and particularly "helping hands" does help (the helping hands with magnification is especially useful) and a workspace large enough to rest/brace your arm is also helpful. Patience working slowly as well. And being willing to accept that our soldering etc may never be as 'pretty' as we see in the 'pro smiths' build logs/vids but perhaps can still be functional eh?

But if you really can't anymore or would just rather let 'better hands' do it this is the right place to find smiths who can provide what you need...good luck and MTFBWY
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Nick Knight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 04:53:33 PM »
Thank you EXAR KUN that would be great. All I would need is the guts with the PCB. I still can do the basic stuff and really enjoy fitting things together and messing around like that even if I can't do the micro stuff anymore. How much would it be and again thank you for your help.

[/quote]
Hey there Nick, if you want me to make you just the inside guts of the Neopixel blade with attached PCB on the bottom but no blade tube, I can do that for you. Of course I can make a complete blade if you're needing that as well.
[/quote]

Offline Nick Knight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 05:02:27 PM »
Onli-Won Kanomi On this it's best left to better hands.  :rolleyes:  I do what I can. Got my bench set with a great vice and 3 different sets of helping hands.
I still soder a little but mostly it's big house wiring projects. I'm glad your working with your set up and as long as we keep going and trying its always going to be fun.

I can sympathize with the shaky hand issues I've got permanent shakes from torture when I was young but there are ways to help us still build: a good hobby vise and particularly "helping hands" does help (the helping hands with magnification is especially useful) and a workspace large enough to rest/brace your arm is also helpful. Patience working slowly as well. And being willing to accept that our soldering etc may never be as 'pretty' as we see in the 'pro smiths' build logs/vids but perhaps can still be functional eh?

But if you really can't anymore or would just rather let 'better hands' do it this is the right place to find smiths who can provide what you need...good luck and MTFBWY

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 06:22:32 PM »
My bad, Nick...apologies.

The blade build does use the super small 330? Ohm resistor on the plecter pixel pcb, so definitely tiny parts.

Glad you found your source though!  I have seen his blade videos and they look amazing!

Offline Nick Knight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 07:42:14 PM »

No need to apologize at all my friend. You are being very nice and trying to help me with figuring out how to put it together and I appreciate that so much. There so many angry,sad people in this world who only like tearing down others and make them feel dumb.  You on the other hand tried to raise someone up tried to give them confidence. And I appreciate that so much and I thank you again for your kind words of wisdom.

My bad, Nick...apologies.

The blade build does use the super small 330? Ohm resistor on the plecter pixel pcb, so definitely tiny parts.

Glad you found your source though!  I have seen his blade videos and they look amazing!

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 05:12:07 AM »
You rock dude...I won’t be able to contribute back what I have learned from the community, but share what I am able to from my prior hurdles and mistakes!  I have also been lurking and then participating here for well over a year and don’t see much, if any of that negativity you mention...this seems like a great group!

retrousse